Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Park in Waterford City for the Day from 6am Every Day??

• 09-11-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi I am in need of a quick answer to this question. Basically i need a place in waterford city where i can park my car for the day from 6am in the morning till about 12 midday every day as i am going to be starting work on a very early shift near city square, the closer to city square the better and the cheaper the better also a weekly pass would be brillaint. I dont mind a bit of a walk though, So if anyone can please give me some quick advice on this, Thanks :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Might be unusual times but you can get day passes for €5 in a car park not far from City Square, in Thomas Street. I'm not sure if any of the car parks on the Quay do such passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

That place on the quay under the crane is supposed to be good value for 5 days , hence it's nearly always fill now, enquire at entrance booth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Hi I am in need of a quick answer to this question. Basically i need a place in waterford city where i can park my car for the day from 6am in the morning till about 12 midday every day as i am going to be starting work on a very early shift near city square, the closer to city square the better and the cheaper the better also a weekly pass would be brillaint. I dont mind a bit of a walk though, So if anyone can please give me some quick advice on this, Thanks :D

I don't think there are any parking restrictions if you go far enough up Gracedieu - I often park opposite the Gaelscoil on a Saturday and walk down into town.

Sorry it's not so close to City Square but the price can't be beat!

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

SSE is right. It's free from just before the GaelScoil heading towards Gracedieu.

It's not too far of a walk to City Square from there. If you walk straight down from there and pass SuperValu, into BallyBricken and down to CS.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

The car park beside the bus station is (or at least was) a flat 5.50 when you exit. Its coins only though, so no weekly rates or tickets. The entrance is right beside the pedestrian crossing there. Do city square themselves do weekly rates? Newgate Street multi storey do weekly rates but unfortunately i cant find a webpage with their opening times and rates.

HTH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think New Gate St is 15 for mon-fri, but I think it opens at 7, same with city square and Railway Square.

I'd say under the crane is the best bet, even just for safety, cross at the AIB and go up that way. I used to work at 7am in City Square a few years ago and its a bit creepy walking through town at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

The Car park directly across from the GPO is €18 for a weekly 5 day pass. You park you car and put your pass in the window, great value and getting a space at 6am will not be a problem.

You buy your weekly pass from the chap at the little hut on the way in. Just park your car and then go over to him. He wont be there at 6am but if you call into to him the day before you can buy the pass for the days that you want. 300m up to City Square so smiles all round.

hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Thanks a million for all the quick replys so far everybody, will definetly start looking into these places to see can I find them :)
    Anymore ideas please keep them coming, Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭marky4

well if you get to town early and park outside the old dls centre just around the corner! but park as close to the door because it is a private place and you can't be ticketed!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bluess

Hi Soap. I live in Cannon Street next to Norris Corner which is just outside the Parking ticket zone. I work each day from 6am to 6pm Mon to Fri so your more than welcome to pop ur car outside my house for no charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

3.60 for the day in millers marsh car park. Just make sure you park in half of carpark designated 3.6- for day. see signs down there

bluess wrote: »
    Hi Soap. I live in Cannon Street next to Norris Corner which is just outside the Parking ticket zone. I work each day from 6am to 6pm Mon to Fri so your more than welcome to pop ur car outside my house for no charge

That would be absolutely brillant if you dont mind, Thanks a million for the great generosity, :D Ill send ya a PM

And thanks to everyone for all the suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

That would be absolutely brillant if you dont mind, Thanks a million for the great generosity, :D Ill send ya a PM

And thanks to everyone for all the suggestions

also the upper part of ballytruckle is outside the parking zone , its about a 15 minute walk from city sq , if ya park outside me mudders driveway boi she'll hop a blaa off ye !

I don't think there are any parking restrictions if you go far enough up Gracedieu - I often park opposite the Gaelscoil on a Saturday and walk down into town.

Sorry it's not so close to City Square but the price can't be beat!

SSE
    ILoveShoez wrote: »
    SSE is right. It's free from just before the GaelScoil heading towards Gracedieu.

It's not too far of a walk to City Square from there. If you walk straight down from there and pass SuperValu, into BallyBricken and down to CS.:)

Just wondering where exactly are ye talking about now? im not too sure where that area is, Thanks

Feel free to keep up the suggestions anyone, still trying to find somewhere and look into the previously mentioned places :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

The Car park directly across from the GPO is €18 for a weekly 5 day pass. You park you car and put your pass in the window, great value and getting a space at 6am will not be a problem.

You buy your weekly pass from the chap at the little hut on the way in. Just park your car and then go over to him. He wont be there at 6am but if you call into to him the day before you can buy the pass for the days that you want. 300m up to City Square so smiles all round.

hope this helps.

don't even bother calling the day before - both guys here are sound and if you leave note on the windscreen that you parked @ 6 a.m. and will fix up with them at noon you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

1966 wrote: »
    don't even bother calling the day before - both guys here are sound and if you leave note on the windscreen that you parked @ 6 a.m. and will fix up with them at noon you'll be fine.

I second that one, I really think that this is the number one option if you want to be close to City Square for 6am.

Advertisement