Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James May - Man Lab

• 09-11-2011 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been watching this, its series two at the moment. Most entertaining blokes doing blokey stuff with good humour and some ingenuity. The high light this week was sending the ashes of a budgie and a cat into near space for their final farewells.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

I watched it on and off this series and seen the entire series 1 but to be honest I flick over to it because there is nothing on TV at that time. It just really a Boys Own adventure guide for the modern man, fairly hit and miss mostly. The best bits are were May and Oz Clarke team up but the manhunt was idiotic considering they had to track the two plus the cameraman and sound man trailing behind them. Send May and Clarke on another booze filled tour of Europe or South America or do more Toy Stories IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I watched it on and off this series and seen the entire series 1 but to be honest I flick over to it because there is nothing on TV at that time. It just really a Boys Own adventure guide for the modern man, fairly hit and miss mostly. The best bits are were May and Oz Clarke team up but the manhunt was idiotic considering they had to track the two plus the cameraman and sound man trailing behind them. Send May and Clarke on another booze filled tour of Europe or South America or do more Toy Stories IMHO.

Yeah. It's really more of a 'Boy's Lab" than a man lab. I recently stripped down a chainsaw, ported it, advanced the timing, modified the exhaust, bored the carburetor after rebuilding it, tested it, and came in for a break and found this on the TV. Whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump back on tonight BBC2 8 pm in HD!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭LindowMan

James May's Man Lab: Series 3, Episode 1

James May returns for an action-packed series, as he continues his epic quest to re-skill the modern male. In the opening episode James enlists the help of a memory champion as he prepares to commentate live on one of the toughest sporting events of them all - the Grand National.

James-Mays-Man-Lab-010.jpg

Back in the Man Lab, rather than order in some takeaway, James builds a one ton pizza oven from scratch. Meanwhile his helpless sidekick Rory is set the challenge of convincing a group of experts that he is the BBC's newest wine expert, with James and Oz Clark offering help via an earpiece from a van parked outside.

If you missed it, you can watch the whole episode here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rmhlc/James_Mays_Man_Lab_Series_3_Episode_1/

Advertisement