Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would a passively-cooled 5670 die in gaming?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Looking at doing a cheap upgrade for the (passively-cooled) x1500 in my dell dimension. I'm kinda worried though if this thing would melt trying to run newer games, even on low settings.

Here's a link to the dabs page:
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/xfx-ati-radeon-5670-775mhz-1gb-pci-express-hdmi-7QFV.html?q=5670&src=3

I'm a bit of a noise freak, I had a gt220 with what seemed like a 1 inch fan that shook the house when I tried to play games.

ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

A 5670 has a TDP of 61W, so assuming you have some airflow in your case, it should be fine.

If you're trying to a silent build, you probably have a couple of low-RPM fans in your case, right? What are they? What other components do you have, etc?

Advertisement