Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 - Stuff I Want To Get Off My Chest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Loving the game (on PS3)

All I want is a QUIT option in between games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Love the game but i'm stuck playing on on a single monitor instead of my triple monitor as the player names, icons, hud are missing till they patch it. shame as i have a nice gamerig

sany0027m.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

^^ Freaking sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Skatedude wrote: »
    Love the game but i'm stuck playing on on a single monitor instead of my triple monitor as the player names, icons, hud are missing till they patch it. shame as i have a nice gamerig

sany0027m.th.jpg

wow that is mouth watering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Skatedude wrote: »

sany0027m.th.jpg

... Show off:(

... I spent more time admiring the woodwork than the gamerig:o

On topic: bf3 needs a quit option between games and a colourblind option, other than that it's grand for me:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

... Show off:(

... I spent more time admiring the woodwork than the gamerig:o

On topic: bf3 needs a quit option between games and a colourblind option, other than that it's grand for me:pac:

I assume your not pc? cause you just hit esc between games to quit to windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I assume your not pc? cause you just hit esc between games to quit to windows.

Or even while it's loading a map alt-f4 works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Round the corner deaths. Kind of accepted them now, but damn they suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Zillah wrote: »
    5 - Every now and then I'll get a glitch where vehicles think I have my finger jammed on the backwards button. If I hold down W it will cancel out and sit still. This doesn't go away until I restart the game, and doesn't affect me at all outside of vehicles.
    Sounds like a joystick problem. You don't have any gamepad/joystick things plugged in? Also, tap the "S" key hard to ensure it's not stuck.

=-=

I hate getting deployed with my back to the enemy, who happens to be one foot away. I've gotten knifed moments after spawning, gunned down the moment I spawn, etc, etc. This really sucks.
    Chavways wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZONUY8hyyY

A video I made.Seems to be happening more and more.Realy pisses me off.
    Knife only works from behind, it seems. So no more knifey versus M60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Some of the spawns are just way too big and poorly located. Many times I've spawned with 2 enemies in plain view only a few feet away. It didn't actually register with me that they were enemies until they killed me, I honestly didn't expect to be spawning so close to the other team. Also, spawning in a very wide open area and being gunned down without even seeing anyone is just as frustrating, Conquest Grand Bazar(I think is the name) is awful for this.

Getting a lot of lag when trying to get into vehicles, it won't register me hitting "E" for a few seconds, I'd press it again to make sure I was close enough but it'd put me in the vehicle then back out again. Infuriating.

Around the corner or behind cover deaths are frustrating too. Also, that hand reach animation, so sick of seeing it at this stage.

Having no hot keys to ask for ammo or health or even a pickup. Makes no sense.

Having no hot keys to ask for ammo or health or even a pickup. Makes no sense.
    Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Decryptor wrote: »
    Q?

This is news to me. I've never held down Q. I just press it once to spot.. Haha!

:D

If you have around, I think, 20-30% health, a little message will appear "Press Q to ask for health" etc....not sure about ammo, but I'd say it works the same way. Whether you get the health or ammo is a different story. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

Decryptor wrote: »
    Q?

never works right , they need to build it into the cammo rose and make an ammo box request icon appear on name tag, imo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Kingpin187 wrote: »
    As a Battlefield noob (Xbox), I really, really don't understand why you can't do this.

When I'm finished, I'm finished. I want to walk away, not stand around for a minute while another game loads up and then my console whirrs back through a few loading screens even after I quit.

Other than that, it's epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Still not sure on whther i like the wide point capture radius is good or bad. Yeah its fun hiding or looking for the guy in the area but its bloody annoying too. In partiuclar "B" in the oil field map, the point raidus covers 2 pretty big buidling with loadsa places to hide and the 2 rooftops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Kingpin187 wrote: »
    Loving the game (on PS3)

You actually can but it's hidden.
    When it's listing your awards in between rounds you can select SKIP.(this doesn't affect your stats etc)
    Hit esc and then you've the option to quit....just found it last night when I was waiting for the round to load to quit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    You actually can but it's hidden.
    When it's listing your awards in between rounds you can select SKIP.(this doesn't affect your stats etc)
    Hit esc and then you've the option to quit....just found it last night when I was waiting for the round to load to quit :D

any idea where esc is on a joypad? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

being disabled (seriously poor choice of words) is not meant to mean they cant shoot (though they shouldnt be able to move much) but it does mean that unless they get repaired the tank will blow up. Hence its meant to expose engineers so your recon buddy can put a bullet in their head. its to balance off with the tanks having regenerating health for the first 50%

also if the engie does not repair them back to 100% they continue to lose hp even if they are repaired over 50%

Good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I think a lot of the gripes above are fairly trivial which kinda points out what an amazing game it is.

Personally I think Engineer Class is too good meaning I have to consciously choose not to be them solely in order to try out new things. However when I see teammates dominating with tank kills, heli and jets hits and carbine awesomeness I feel quite alone playing as Recon with a nerfed gun and no cool gadgets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Pyr0 wrote: »
    This is news to me. I've never held down Q. I just press it once to spot.. Haha!

Q is also context sensitive.
    As you can look to enemies to spot you can look at a medic and it will call to him for aid. Same with Support.
    It also marks objectives for attack as squad leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

It's quite annoying when spawning on someone I spawn looking towards my deployment area and not the objectives or where my squad mate is facing.
    I start sprinting and realise I'm going the wrong way, I know it's minor but it rubs my tits up the wrong way.
    Also why won't the support class drop ammo??????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Also why won't the support asses drop ammo??????

Fixd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I love the game except the way i have to tacticool over every ****ing knee high wall

Knee high? Try having to jump over a ankle high ruined wall, therefore removing all form of stealth as you have to stand up and jump out from behind cover to make the connection to enter the ruined building, only to be shot seconds later.

Hate how enemies only remain tagged as long as you can see them, surely even a 2 second grace after spotting someone before they run behind a wall and vanish off the map would help :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

uhmmm

and if it spawned you at the nearest point to where you clicked which is currently being mortered and you insta died (which can happen if you spawn on a squadmate just before the shell hits) you will be on here bitching about that.

its the lesser of two evils. Its not perfect but your suggestion is just as problematic if not more.

You just imagined a suggestion I never made.

What I said was that I would like it if the Deploy button was greyed out the instant your selected spawn location became invalid so that you could pick a new one. Worst case scenario you spend two more seconds clicking on a new spawn location. Where you got the "nearest point to where you clicked" notion from I don't know.

Also I really miss the ability to request a supply crate from the commander. Especially when I'm firing anti-tank missiles from a rooftop or something. It's nice not to have to hope a Support guy will wander by and actually help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Zillah wrote: »
    You just imagined a suggestion I never made.

What I said was that I would like it if the Deploy button was greyed out the instant your selected spawn location became invalid so that you could pick a new one. Worst case scenario you spend two more seconds clicking on a new spawn location. Where you got the "nearest point to where you clicked" notion from I don't know.

Also I really miss the ability to request a supply crate from the commander. Especially when I'm firing anti-tank missiles from a rooftop or something. It's nice not to have to hope a Support guy will wander by and actually help.

This is one issue that will imo definitely be fixed, it's so fundamentally obvious, I can hardly believe it wasn't fixed after teh 1st round of testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

mozattack wrote: »
    I think a lot of the gripes above are fairly trivial which kinda points out what an amazing game it is.

Personally I think Engineer Class is too good meaning I have to consciously choose not to be them solely in order to try out new things. However when I see teammates dominating with tank kills, heli and jets hits and carbine awesomeness I feel quite alone playing as Recon with a nerfed gun and no cool gadgets :)
    Nerfed would be a step up, considering the most powerful recon gun is a 2 hit shot once you're further than 130 odd meters away

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Is it just me, or is the Javelin completely and utterly broken when used on laser designated targets? I tried it out earlier (I'd say I shoot about 25 missiles that were assisted with laser designation) and only 3 missiles successfully hit - the projectile gets about 50 metres above the target, then decides to thrust itself straight into the ground for no good reason.

I'm really disappointed that what could've been such a great weapon (with the help of a spotter, at least) doesn't seem to be worthy of being present in the game in its current state :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah javelins a piece of sh1t alrite. Was gutted when I finally unlocked it.

Advertisement