Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic insulation

• 09-11-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was thinking of getting the attic insulated and the covered in plywood. Anyone know anyone local who would do that?

[even though they probably won't answer my call!!]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Where do you live

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mexicanvader

Waterford Efficient Living recently did my attic whilst doing external insulation on the front and back of the house. They did a brilliant job overall. The attic is incredible. They even built a fibreboard/MDF type platform up in the attic for storage. And before you ask, no, I don't work for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Waterford Efficient Living recently did my attic whilst doing external insulation on the front and back of the house. They did a brilliant job overall. The attic is incredible. They even built a fibreboard/MDF type platform up in the attic for storage. And before you ask, no, I don't work for them!
    Go on tell us another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I live on the Dunmore Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Plywood in an attic......that will attract woodworm like flies to a sh***

Stick with chipboard they hate it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Plywood in an attic......that will attract woodworm like flies to a sh***

Stick with chipboard they hate it:)

SmartPly and keep it local ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

WEL were the most expensive when I was pricing. They used to sub-contract out most of the work. (not sure if this is still the case). I used warm home insulations. Make sure to get a price from someone outside of Waterford. I found that d local guys priced it all around the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971

why not do it your self, go down to morrises and buy 50mm kingspan put the kingspan on the rafters and just put the chipboard over that.simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Plywood in an attic:)
    Dont tell the insurance company.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement