Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joan Lee Show v Adrian Kennedy Show

• 09-11-2011 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

Which show do people prefer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Neither!

What about the Late Show with Niall Boylan on 4FM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

niall sounding good its great to have a nightly talk show outside the pale and hes callers show that lots of fellow cork folk and limerick galway callers great move by 4fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Bard wrote: »
    Neither!

Still working for that show?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Neither!

What's the relevance if he only asked a question .

Anywho! ;-)))))

I don't get Joan whatsherface in cork and used to listen to Kennedy on UPC , but never realised how bad he was until I started listening to 4fm . Thankfully he's gone from UPC so now I listen to niall boylan ( when I can ) .
    I'll be honest and sometimes he's a dickhead to callers but they prob deserve it ;-))))) but you just have no idea what he's gonna do or how he's gonna react .
    I know loads in the collage here in cork that listen to him too .
    But then again you all knew that cause I post about him and I'm not a closet fan .... I came out :-))))(

Loved the Halloween show they did

Think it's the voice that gets me .... Best voice on radio ....... He was slagging prenderville from 96 the other night over his little mishap last year ;-)))) I'm morto for neil ....

Neither!

I don't have a preference.
    They are both equally rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

skanegersrus shows both. kennedys is more down the toilet through

neris wrote: »
    skanegersrus shows both. kennedys is more down the toilet through

There seems to be a more mature caller on 4fm but ,,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Its Adrian Kennedy all the way. I'm suprised UTV have not Syndicated his show across their network. It would make sense and put a bit of real competition between himself and Niall Boylan once again.

bbability wrote: »
    Its Adrian Kennedy all the way. I'm suprised UTV have not Syndicated his show across their network. It would make sense and put a bit of real competition between himself and Niall Boylan once again.

I think very few actually get UTV anymore .It's all ITV now unless your up north . I know here in cork most are on sky or UPC and that's itv . Anyways I really don't think Kennedy with be any competition to Boylan . I'm sure 104 is bigger in the smoke but down here I can tell you 4fm is getting talked about all the time and much of that talk is the talk show at night .

Years ago Charlie Wolfe was on on Red but all he talked about was the war at the time and as much as he was an intelligent guy , I think it went over people's heads, went over mine for sure :D:D

I think with the right publicity Niall Boylan would be huge all over but :mad:

He's is just easy to relate to and says the stuff everyone wants to say to the callers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yes, I'm the producer of the show. I never made a secret of that. What's your point? I didn't promote it, I just put the name forward and asked what people thought as there's more than just Joan Lee and Adrian Kennedy on Irish radio at that time of night. It's not all about Dublin.
    Proview wrote:
    I think very few actually get UTV anymore .It's all ITV now unless your up north . I know here in cork most are on sky or UPC and that's itv

I think you missed the point. UTV own a string of radio stations throughout the country - the suggestion that was made was that they should syndicate Adrian Kennedy's show to all of them in order to compete with Niall Boylan. Can't see that working as it's a very Dublin driven show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

when are you guys bringing the show to cork it was mentioned a while back

Yes, I'm the producer of the show. I never made a secret of that. What's your point? I didn't promote it, I just put the name forward and asked what people thought as there's more than just Joan Lee and Adrian Kennedy on Irish radio at that time of night. It's not all about Dublin.

My point is I recognise a sneaky little shill post when I read it!
    If the OP wanted an opinion on that show he would have included it in the title.
    There is a 4fm thread in here somewhere, I am sure if you scroll down a few pages you will find it eventually.
    Could it be possible that there is a link between how popular that car crash of a station actually is around here and how infrequent anyone can be bothered to post about it??
    Perhaps you could bring it up for discussion at your next meeting to plan your umpteenth relaunch, thats if you are important enough to attend such a meeting obviously.

My point is I recognise a sneaky little shill post when I read it!
    If the OP wanted an opinion on that show he would have included it in the title.
    There is a 4fm thread in here somewhere, I am sure if you scroll down a few pages you will find it eventually.
    Could it be possible that there is a link between how popular that car crash of a station actually is around here and how infrequent anyone can be bothered to post about it??
    Perhaps you could bring it up for discussion at your next meeting to plan your umpteenth relaunch, thats if you are important enough to attend such a meeting obviously.

Somebody want to get that poor guy a saucer of milk:mad::mad:

Advertisement