Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rpt contract to cid

• 09-11-2011 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

hi all,
    this is my forth year at my school and i was told recently that if my hours are still there next year then i am intitled to them unless my boss claims i'm incompetent .Anybody know if this is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

Did I see a thread here during the week about poor spelling & grammar in schools today? Well Jesus H. Christ, here we have a teacher who can't spell fourth & as for incompetent...(big sigh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

tadhg11 wrote: »
    hi all,
    this is my forth year at my school and i was told recently that if my hours are still there next year then i am intitled to them unless my boss claims i'm incompetent .Anybody know if this is true?

Yes tadhg, as far as i know you are. This is on the basis that these are your own hours -as it were - not substituting someone on a career break. I am not sure if you are a member of a teachers union but I would recommend that you join. They are very helpful in making sure that teachers get their CID entitlements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mrs. T

Thanks for the help there trebormurf. Very informative!

Anyway, here is some info about CID contracts

http://www.asti.ie/pay-and-conditions/non-permanent-teachers/cids-explained/

Hope to God I haven't made any spelling mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tadhg11

thanks alot for the info folks, you have put my mind at rest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

trebormurf wrote: »
    Did I see a thread here during the week about poor spelling & grammar in schools today? Well Jesus H. Christ, here we have a teacher who can't spell fourth & as for incompetent...(big sigh)
    Please do not comment on the spelling and grammar of other posters. It is against the charter to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

tadhg11 wrote: »
    hi all,

That's pretty much it. They'd have to come up with a pretty good case to leave you go, so it's unlikely to happen. You will be entitled to whatever hours you have this year.

If you are on 18 hours or more, there is a form you sign (can't remember what it is called off the top of my head) that says you agree to be paid for 22 hours on the condition that you are willing to be timetabled for 22 hours.

Anything below 18, your CID will be for that amount of hours, e.g. 14 hours, and you have to be given a minimum of 14 hours. You can be timetabled for more than 14 and will be paid for them but there's no guarantee in any year that you will be given more than the 14 you're entitled to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I work with a dyslexic art teacher. His spelling does not affect his teaching. I've often checked written stuff for him. Got a problem with dyslexic people being employed?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

Must be tough to untwist your knickers up there on your high horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I work with a dyslexic art teacher. His spelling does not affect his teaching. I've often checked written stuff for him. Got a problem with dyslexic people being employed?
    I have already warned trevormurf about. Please stick to answering the OP's question.
    Must be tough to untwist your knickers up there on your high horse.

Infracted.

Back on topic please.

Advertisement