Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skirting question.

• 09-11-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi all,

so i'm hoping someone can advise me on the best course of action here. Currently skirting ground floor of a 2 story and everything is going smoothly and almost complete except for one area where the kitchen meets the dining room. The kitchen floor is considerably lower than the dining room floor and as a result i'm unsure how to fit the skirting on a split level section.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Can you make the skirting look like it is turning down the step between the rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 superchip

measure up to your step,cut the face of the skirting back at 45deg,then measure from the long point of that cut to the top of your step...cut that piece with two 45s on it and then cut your top piece with one 45 on it.... confused yet.
    it will kind of look like a z with 3 pieces of skirting

• Registered Users Posts: 23 superchip

or like he said:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Lads thanks for the replies.

Maybe i'm thinking about this too much but i'm struggling to picture what yer telling me. I know it makes sense what yer saying but i just cant picture it or how to do it. I think i'm gonna have to sleep on it and read yer posts with a fresh head in the morning. :D

Advertisement