Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe query

Options
  • 09-11-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know of anywhere selling Gun safes in Donegal? Can't seem to locate any where in Letterkenny that does, bar one shop that quoted me €250 for one! Have also been checking local sales magazines and not a thing there either :(

Also, are they easy to install yourself?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

250 for what kind of safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

look at Dingle poultry supplies he will deliver up to Donegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi all,

Anyone know of anywhere selling Gun safes in Donegal? Can't seem to locate any where in Letterkenny that does, bar one shop that quoted me €250 for one! Have also been checking local sales magazines and not a thing there either :(

Also, are they easy to install yourself?

Cheers!
    Drill, Rawl plugs, saw,and tube of no more nails.

Safes.ie deliver countrywide

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭niall_b73

i no its not donegal, but fermanagh is not far away.
    have a look here prices in sterling.

http://www.normanharpur.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,2/Itemid,26/

currently looking for a cheap cabnet myself, if you find cheaper let me know.
    thanks

niall_b73

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭yog1

holden agriculture in artigarvan outside, strabane, (0044) 28 71 38 22 83 http://www.yell.com/b/Holden+Agriculture+Ltd-Agricultural+Supplies-Strabane-BT820HA-1865169/index.html

a.a monteith and son http://www.aamonteith.co.uk/

c.a anderson in omagh http://www.yellowtom.co.uk/54037

mc cloys in toom http://www.mccloyguns.com/

there is also a new shop in strabane http://www.yell.com/maps/MapAction.do?&nat_id=6996750&businessType=GUN+DEALERS+%26+GUNSMITHS&location=BT828DA&storePC=BT828DA&ssm=&layout=&companyName=The+Bridge+Guns+%26+Tackle&clarifyIndex=&clarifyOptions=&replayURL=1.2 and one on the lifford road beside the tyre place, and the outdoor store in strabane but i dont think they have muchat the min,

there is also a heap of places in derry but i wouldnt be sure of them, just do a google search for gun shops derry, lifford, straban, donegal, oh yeah try the co op in newtowncunningham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

sportsden.ie deliver free across Ireland on all products over 100euro. next day delivery.
    I ordered mine on a friday of a bank holiday and it was here on the tuesday.
    150euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

bazza888 wrote: »
    250 for what kind of safe?

They didn't say, but in fairness they didn't stock them but would order it in. That was the cheapest they did if they had to order one.They said it doesn't pay for them to stock them.
    look at Dingle poultry supplies he will deliver up to Donegal

Cheers,I'll check them out.

Safes.ie deliver countrywide

Good stuff,should be able to handle that myself! :pac:
    garv123 wrote: »
    sportsden.ie deliver free across Ireland on all products over 100euro. next day delivery.
    I ordered mine on a friday of a bank holiday and it was here on the tuesday.
    150euro

Sounds good! the free delivery is a plus.

I found one place local that should do them so I am going to check there tomorrow, otherwise I will be buying off one of the links supplied.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Do not use rawlplugs, use rawlbolts. Your local hardware supplier will advise if you explain what it's for. Bolts will be included with the safe but these are usually inadequate and should be thrown away, you may have to drill larger holes in the safe to suit the bolts you buy. Find a suitable location for the safe where it can't be seen from a window and if it can be located in a corner and bolted to two walls then so much the better. If in doubt ask the local CPO (crime prevention officer) for advice, the lad in my area was really sound. It's not a big job but worth doing right.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Half a dozen expansion bolts and your safe aint goin nowhere;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

sfakiaman wrote: »
    Do not use rawlplugs, use rawlbolts. Your local hardware supplier will advise if you explain what it's for. Bolts will be included with the safe but these are usually inadequate and should be thrown away, you may have to drill larger holes in the safe to suit the bolts you buy. Find a suitable location for the safe where it can't be seen from a window and if it can be located in a corner and bolted to two walls then so much the better. If in doubt ask the local CPO (crime prevention officer) for advice, the lad in my area was really sound. It's not a big job but worth doing right.

Correct, Slip of the tongue, so to speak.
    I bought M8x100mm Rawl bolts for mine,it came with M6x45 If I remember correctly.
    I bought a shop soiled Safe for relatively small money.

The old safe needed to be upgraded and I,had a serious Job getting that off the wall with the bolts removed as I had adhesive on the back of it.

Put safe in corner if you can.
    Build a.wall around it, even better, and disguise it, best of all. Got all these tips from CPO when he was in my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

You can get three gun gunsafes in the co-op in Buncrana about €120 -150.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

DJandDeid wrote: »
    You can get three gun gunsafes in the co-op in Buncrana about €120 -150.

Cheers but just got one off Sportsden.ie for €145.

Advertisement