Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemon Tart Help

Options
  • 09-11-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine makes the most intensely delicious lemon tart. I asked her for the recipe and this is what she sent:

1 crack-free sweet short crust pastry base
    3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
    Zest of 2 lemons plus juice of 3 lemons and 1 orange
    1/4 pint double cream
    5 1/2oz caster sugar

Whisk all ingredients together. When frothy pour into tart shell then place in the oven and fill with the remaining mixture to the brim. Bake until just set (with parchment paper on the top if going brown) at 325-350 F depending on your oven.

So anyhow, I am making this tomorrow evening for a group dinner. I don't want to ruin it by making a bad pastry. I looked up pastry recipes on the BBC site but unfortunately they don't include instructions for blind baking etc.

Can any of you advise me on a recipe for a sweet shortcrust pastry that I could use for this recipe, including times and temps for blind baking, in advance of being filled? (My friend is unavailable to ask.) Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

The Tart Au Citron from the Great British Bake Off on the BBC site includes full directions for blind baking and the pastry is delicious as well. In fact the whole tart is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Found it there at the BBC site as you advised. I may well use that pastry recipe but I will definitely be putting my friend's filling in - it's sublime.

Did you actually make this tart yourself SBWife? I am looking for a tried and tested recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Yes, I made it two weekends ago. It was excellent.

Advertisement