Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York Skyline C&C

• 09-11-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

I know it's been done to death but I'd love an opinion or two on this one. I like it but wonder what the professionals think.:)

6330020862_54d12e898f_b.jpg

6330020964_7ff12643fd_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

colour is better version IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Generally, I like it.

I thought i might like the b/w version but i don't think it has the tonal qualities that make it an aesthetically pleasing as a b/w - thus, the colour works for me.

Is it a really tight crop? - there's something a little funny with it which looks like lots of artifacts/processing residue spread on it albeit a lot more noticeable on the b/w.

Its a pity (imho) about the orange/brown atmospheric conditions above the horizon line, as I think it detracts from the image. I guess the clichéd image is of the buildings set against a clear blue sky (um, unless a night scape is photographed :D) however that also may be just the subtle programming which we are all exposed to. There isn't anything particularly wrong with it - just think on a clear blue sky it would have more appeal.

And let's face it, you could always sell it for $4.3million except imho yours may be an awful lot better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

The colour version for me also. I quite like the orang/dirty tint,gives it a retro feel for some reason. I like it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Is this the new Freedom tower ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

I actually like the orangey skyline - it reminds me of Johannesburg (not a bad thing :P ), evoking childhood memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

jcf wrote: »
    Is this the new Freedom tower ?

No, it's actually a photo of Jersey City not New York as such.

The building I assume you are talking about is the Goldman Sachs Tower in the Exchange Place area.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Colour one for me too :D

Advertisement