Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is a stall in Callan to sell stuff?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi,

My Uncle makes fabulous handmade wood craft and wants to sell them in Callan for Christmas. He would prefer to hire a sheltered stall this year.

How much does a table/stall cost to sell your stuff?

I have'nt been in 15 years, Id love to go and have a look and maybe try sell stuff too.

Thanks in advance. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

You want to set up a stall in Callan?

I have a hunch that you mean a stall in the car boot sale on the Callan Rd.?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

I think Id look fairly odd on the main street alone with a stall! LOL!

Yes, the car boot sales, anyone, any information about them? prices etc?

Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Well you did say Callan and never mentioned a car boot sale....

There is no car boot in Callan, it's much closer to Kilkenny city than Callan.

Anyway, heres a number from their facebook.

Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Actually you can get stalls on Green St in Callan, but they don't cost anything :)
    You see one or two people with them early on Saturday mornings around King TV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Lots of people call it "Callan",I never understood that?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

hi5 wrote: »
    Lots of people call it "Callan",I never understood that?:confused:

I'd imagine its because people in Kilkenny City call the N76 the Callan road, its also marked as such on maps - http://g.co/maps/q4587 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 08mor

€20 for a table which is supplied. that's indoors
    Bubs99 wrote: »
    Hi,

My Uncle makes fabulous handmade wood craft and wants to sell them in Callan for Christmas. He would prefer to hire a sheltered stall this year.

How much does a table/stall cost to sell your stuff?

I have'nt been in 15 years, Id love to go and have a look and maybe try sell stuff too.

Thanks in advance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'd imagine its because people in Kilkenny City call the N76 the Callan road, its also marked as such on maps - http://g.co/maps/q4587 :)

Oh I can see that,its the flawed logic I dont understand.
    The Fox and Goose pub is on the Dublin Rd but its not at Dublin.
    Anyway,its the flawed logics in life that make things interesting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

From experience trying to sell in Callan is difficult and if you don't get there early it is a waste of time as the place dies after about 12.30, there was a sort of market outside the AIB but the change of pavement meant it moved and one lady did stand outside Kings, but the most people seems to come past the BoI into supervalu, unfortunately there are no shops to entice people to walk down to the cross, as you have been well informed the Car Boot sale at Castleinch off the Callan/Kilkenny Road would suit one better and there are places in the covered sheds I think. Again you have to get there early and we are talking serious early on sunday 8am to get a good pitch, by the way it is not open on Saturday, however have you thought of Cillin Hill on Saturday, I am told it is quite good these days it was when it started but then went downhill for a while and is now a good place to go, have no idea of costing these days, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

It has just dawned on me that you probably cannot have a stall in callan green St, the market is for produce only and locally sourced at that, so you could be moved on, good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement