Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We Irish are a bunch of Gutless, Selfish Idiots.

• 09-11-2011 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭hiram

What the fcuk is wrong with us?? Those faceless morans heading the banks are refusing to pass down Interest Rates and what do we do? Nothing.

The height of it is a few "angry words" from some government ministers while the greed driven banking bastards give two fingers to us...the very people that own the banks. Have we lost all sense of moral and ethical guidance? Are we so afraid of our ****es that we instead adopt the usual "yes ser no ser" attitude and kep the heads down hoping the The Man will go away and leave us to our meaningless worthless lives.

This is Bull**** people. Who are these faceless bastards? I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again. You have no Idea of the bubble they live in. They are both higher management and basically couldnt give a ****e if the country goes down the tubes as long as they get their damned bonus. Today we hear of a couple who commited suicide because they couldnt afford to live anymore. 2011, and they couldnt afford to live. We have become a bunch of guttless sheep, me included.

I dont know about you, but Im scared ****less for the future of our kids, and I hope I can muster the courage, for their sakes, to stand up for what I believe is morally right when the **** hits the fan.

If we all managed for one month to tell the banks to fcuk off and refuse to pay our mortages I wonder if it would even make a difference. Our childeren will look back at us in time and see us as the generation who did nothing for them. We are all about the here, the now, the Us, the me, the I, and fcuk the future. Shame on us.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I thought that a couple of the banks had already agreed to pass on the interest rate decrease. The only 2 that haven't commented yet are BoI and AIB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Punctuation, spelling and paragraphs. Its not hard really. I stopped after the first line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Today we hear of a couple who commited suicide because they couldnt afford to live anymore. 2011, and they couldnt afford to live.

Linky?

I agree though, it would be awesome if the country went on strike and everyone collectively agreed to not pay any debt. It wouldn't be beneficial but it would be fúcking fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Shame on those who don't use paragraphs while ranting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭anticonno16

The banks are ****ing class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Oh, my eyes. :(

The return key is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Punctuation, spelling and paragraphs. Its not hard really. I stopped after the first line.
    Clearly you did stop caring about grammar after the first line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭hiram

Two things, I'm very very mad, and I'm dyslexic...so it is hard really. At least some people bothered to read the whole piece before passing comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

OP :rolleyes: above or else STFU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

hiram wrote: »
    What the fcuk is worng with us?? Those faceless morans heading the banks are refusing to pass down Interest Rates and what do we do? Nothing. The height of it is a few "angry words" from some government ministers while the greed drives banking bastards give two fingers to us...the very people that own the banks. Have we lost all sense of moral and ethical guidance? Are we so afraid of our ****es that we instead adopt the usual "yes ser no ser" attitude and kep the heads down hoping the The Man will go away and leave us to our meaningless worthless lives. This is Bull**** people. Who are these faceless bastards? I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again. You have no Idea of the bubble they live in. They are both higher management and basically couldnt give a ****e if the country goes down the tubes as long as they get their damned bonus. Today we hear of a couple who commited suicide because they couldnt afford to live anymore. 2011, and they couldnt afford to live. We have become a bunch of guttless sheep, me included. I dont know about you, but Im scared ****less for the future of our kids, and I hope I can muster the courage, for their sakes, to stand up for what I believe is morally right when the **** hits the fan. If we all managed for one month to tell the banks to fcuk off and refuse to pay our mortages I wonder if it would even make a difference. Our childeren will look back at us in time and see us as the generation who did nothing for them. We are all about the here, the now, the Us, the me, the I, and fcuk the future. Shame on us.:mad:

It's not all bad. At least you will be saving money on Christmas cards this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I agree totally but the problem is trying to get enough people to do something that would make the banks take notice.

Getting angry at your family is pointless, theyre not the ones that make those decisions.

Its top management that decide to screw people, you will never see those type people in a bank branch, they're anonymous arseholes who pull everyone elses strings.
    D wrote: »
    I thought that a couple of the banks had already agreed to pass on the interest rate decrease. The only 2 that haven't commented yet are BoI and AIB.

They will. They wouldnt exist any longer if they hadnt been bailed out. The financial regulator willput the pressure on them and they will eventually pass on the cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

What the fcuk is worng with us?? Those faceless morans heading the banks are refusing to pass down Interest Rates and what do we do? Nothing. The height of it is a few "angry words" from some government ministers while the greed drives banking bastards give two fingers to us...the very people that own the banks. Have we lost all sense of moral and ethical guidance? Are we so afraid of our ****es that we instead adopt the usual "yes ser no ser" attitude and kep the heads down hoping the The Man will go away and leave us to our meaningless worthless lives. This is Bull**** people. Who are these faceless bastards? I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again. You have no Idea of the bubble they live in. They are both higher management and basically couldnt give a ****e if the country goes down the tubes as long as they get their damned bonus. Today we hear of a couple who commited suicide because they couldnt afford to live anymore. 2011, and they couldnt afford to live. We have become a bunch of guttless sheep, me included. I dont know about you, but Im scared ****less for the future of our kids, and I hope I can muster the courage, for their sakes, to stand up for what I believe is morally right when the **** hits the fan. If we all managed for one month to tell the banks to fcuk off and refuse to pay our mortages I wonder if it would even make a difference. Our childeren will look back at us in time and see us as the generation who did nothing for them. We are all about the here, the now, the Us, the me, the I, and fcuk the future. Shame on us.:mad:

meh, man up and get on with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

There is nothing more annoying on the internet than a grammer nazi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭anticonno16

Lucky bro and sis....

Clearly you did stop caring about grammar after the first line.

OK i'm not the best at it, but i try to make an effort to make my posts readable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

but it would look less like a flipping the lid rant then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again.

Unless they are on the board of the bank, then you sir, are an idiot.

Im not a grammar nazi, i can not spell for the life of me. I just cant read that tripe.

OK i'm not the best at it, but i try to make an effort to make my posts readable.
    The OP is dyslexic. You don't ask people in wheelchairs not to be so lazy, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Those faceless morans heading the banks

Indeed

• Advertisement

How does your wife feel after you told her brother to FCUK OFF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My kids will just be happy that I didn't get us fcuked out of our house by refusing to pay the mortgage.

GTFO with yer Braveheart shyte, come back when you actually do something. I am so fucking sick of these threads.
    The OP is dyslexic. You don't ask people in wheelchairs not to be so lazy, do you?
    Oh don't get me started on those wheelchair bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What the fcuk is wrong with us?? Those faceless morans heading the banks are refusing to pass down Interest Rates and what do we do? Nothing.

Whats the point of them passing on reductions if it stops them making any money? Bailign them out is pointless if we force them to make losses. They have to be allowed function as businesses.
    I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again. :

Not that I believe you actually did that but are they the CEO's or in a similarly high position of authority?Otherwise how is it their fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Only spelling nazis. Oh, and it's spelled grammar by the way.

Im dyslexic with numbers and still managed to get an a1 and an electronics degree. Dont give me that, it he just put in a paragraph i would have read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Does anyone have the interest rate each bank are charging. EBS are passing this one on so their new rate will be 4.62% i think

After NIB increase theirs by 0.95% what will their new rate be?

What is BOI's current variable rate?

PTSB?

AIB?

It would be good to see them all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

If I was you hiram I'd keep in with the brother and sister. You never know they might be able to swing you a mortgage from their Bank. Since you have contacts in the bank you could get 110% mortgage. Then you can buy a 5-series and take a nice holiday. ;)

Come on hiram. Use your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Shame. It was a good auld rant.

Im dyslexic with numbers and still managed to get an a1 and an electronics degree. Dont give me that, it he just put in a paragraph i would have read it.
    He did. It was one big paragraph, in fact.

• Advertisement

The OP only mentioned he was dyslexic after people complained about his grammar.

He did. It was one big paragraph, in fact.

Well its still hard to read. My opinion and still not going to read it. This thread is getting derailed so im outty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Whats the point of them passing on reductions if it stops them making any money?

Surely the point is obvious: more people will be able to meet their mortgage commitments, and the bank will recoup more of their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again. :

Well, I LOL'd. Thanks for that.
    You got any relatives that are guards, teachers or nurses? They're just as guilty...
    AIB didn't pass on the cut because they didn't pass on the ecb rate rise during the summer. Seems fair enough. Can't speak for the other banks, but aib is state owned so I guess they're the main one to have to explain themselves. BoI and Ulster bank arent obliged to do anything, unfortunately.
    O and in before 'I don't know what a tracker mortgage is'

Koloman wrote: »
    How does your wife feel after you told her brother to FCUK OFF?

Pretty good actually. He is an obnoxious prick, and she never had the guts to say it, so I jumped at the chance. One must start somewhere, so we chose to start at home. And by the way, he IS higher management and does have the authority to make descicions, so I feel lucky to have the chance to say how I feel to one of the "faceless idiots" If you were being screwed by the banks to the point of destruction, Im sure you would relish the chance, but then, maybe you wouldnt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Didnt AIB say they werent passing it on as they didnt raise their rates the last time? And i think BOI have yet to comment on what they're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

No need to be a dick now.

Koloman wrote: »
    The OP only mentioned he was dyslexic after people complained about his grammar.
    Which they shouldn't do, unless their grammar is absolutely perfect themselves. Even then they shouldn't do it. Grammar nazism is silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If we all managed for one month to tell the banks to fcuk off and refuse to pay our mortages I wonder if it would even make a difference.

It would make a difference. But not to the banks who would just add the non-payment onto the term of your mortgage & probably charge you a penalty for non-payment.

And as for the whole country being gutless & selfish.. meh. It's just a recession. Happens after every boom - it's all swings & roundabouts really. Hardly worth not talking to family members again because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Hey OP aint you the guy who is leader of the Freemason's and running off to Spain??
    Why does this bother you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

phasers wrote: »
    My kids will just be happy that I didn't get us fcuked out of our house by refusing to pay the mortgage.

GTFO with yer Braveheart shyte, come back when you actually do something. I am so fucking sick of these threads.
    Amen. OP, speak for yourself instead of blaming people who aren't to blame, with your "we" sh1te. And blaming people for just doing their job - pathetic and lazy. I bet you don't blame yourself...

• Advertisement

Which they shouldn't do, unless their grammar is absolutely perfect themselves. Even then they shouldn't do it. Grammar nazism is silly.

I think the point of my post is already proven. What age are you people....4? Instead of commenting on WHAT i have written, you seem only interested in HOW it is written. Speaking of 4, my four year old is tottering around and is totally abvlious to how **cked up our country will be for him thanks to our complacency. I feel totally powerless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You should have checked out what a tracker mortgage was when the guy on the bus freaked out about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again.

That's clearly the only way out of the mess we're in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

phasers wrote: »

+1

You signed up for it like everybody else. Deal with it. I am like a lot of others.

my four year old is tottering around and is totally abvlious to how **cked up our country will be for him thanks to our complacency. I feel totally powerless.
    Bit late for a four year old to be up.

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Hey OP aint you the guy who is leader of the Freemason's and running off to Spain??
    Why does this bother you?

Hey Joe, aint you the guy who thinks Nick Griffin is an OK guy, and Bertie was just a victim of the press?? We can all read our previous posts you know...whats your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think the point of my post is already proven. What age are you people....4? Instead of commenting on WHAT i have written, you seem only interested in HOW it is written. Speaking of 4, my four year old is tottering around and is totally abvlious to how **cked up our country will be for him thanks to our complacency. I feel totally powerless.
    Well maybe all the others you hurl abuse at feel powerless too? People enjoyed the gravy train and weren't whinging then even though the warnings were plentiful. It was all an illusion and it's time to reap what was sown. I didn't take the piss money-wise but I still got to enjoy the benefits of living here, so things are the way they are, and unfortunately it's time to take some responsibility. Not saying we're all to blame - that's rubbish - but we got those few years in fantasy land, now it's back to earth and we've got to face up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Hey Joe, aint you the guy who thinks Nick Griffin is an OK guy, and Bertie was just a victim of the press?? We can all read our previous posts you know...whats your point.

:D

I think that's what they call, "touche".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I can't stand the dyslexic excuse, just like the autistic excuse, we all have issues, we all have reasons why we can't spell when we rant. Mainly because it's a rant and revert to verbal diarrhoea, words just blahhh out of us when we rant and with it grammar/spelling go out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

We Irish are a bunch of Gutless, Selfish Idiots.

Thanks for your considerate and well thought out assesment. The Nation will take on board your points and be back to you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement