Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We Irish are a bunch of Gutless, Selfish Idiots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

hiram wrote: »
    Hey Joe, aint you the guy who thinks Nick Griffin is an OK guy, and Bertie was just a victim of the press?? We can all read our previous posts you know...whats your point.

Ahhh hA ha haha....Bertie is my hero & Nick Griffin is a cant,I was just stating that he has some OK views that upset the PC brigade...Booo

Dont get so upset.....And say sorry to the family you verbally abused because they made you take out a mortgage ahhhhh poor you..Bloop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

What the fcuk is wrong with us?? Those faceless morans heading the banks are refusing to pass down Interest Rates and what do we do? Nothing.

The height of it is a few "angry words" from some government ministers while the greed driven banking bastards give two fingers to us...the very people that own the banks. Have we lost all sense of moral and ethical guidance? Are we so afraid of our ****es that we instead adopt the usual "yes ser no ser" attitude and kep the heads down hoping the The Man will go away and leave us to our meaningless worthless lives.

This is Bull**** people. Who are these faceless bastards? I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again. You have no Idea of the bubble they live in. They are both higher management and basically couldnt give a ****e if the country goes down the tubes as long as they get their damned bonus. Today we hear of a couple who commited suicide because they couldnt afford to live anymore. 2011, and they couldnt afford to live. We have become a bunch of guttless sheep, me included.

I dont know about you, but Im scared ****less for the future of our kids, and I hope I can muster the courage, for their sakes, to stand up for what I believe is morally right when the **** hits the fan.

If we all managed for one month to tell the banks to fcuk off and refuse to pay our mortages I wonder if it would even make a difference. Our childeren will look back at us in time and see us as the generation who did nothing for them. We are all about the here, the now, the Us, the me, the I, and fcuk the future. Shame on us.:mad:

They should have went to somewhere like Mumbai for a couple of weeks, then they would have spent the rest of their lives grateful at the amazing hand the lottery of life had dealt them to be born somewhere like here.
    Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭hiram

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Ahhh hA ha haha....Bertie is my hero & Nick Griffin is a cant,I was just stating that he has some OK views that upset the PC brigade...Booo

Dont get so upset.....And say sorry to the family you verbally abused because they made you take out a mortgage ahhhhh poor you..Bloop

My work here is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I can't stand the dyslexic excuse, just like the autistic excuse, we all have issues, we all have reasons why we can't spell when we rant. Mainly because it's a rant and revert to verbal diarrhoea, words just blahhh out of us when we rant and with it grammar/spelling go out the window.

So autism and dyslexia are just excuses?

Fuck me - I've heard it all now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Firstly, thank you OP for making the post more readable.

Secondly, i agree completely with your post. Nobody in this country, bar a few, have the guts to stand up to punks down the road let alone punks in suits. As for what to do or where to do it im not your man. Im getting the hell out of this country in 19 days and will be glad to see the back of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I can't stand the dyslexic excuse, just like the autistic excuse, we all have issues, we all have reasons why we can't spell when we rant. Mainly because it's a rant and revert to verbal diarrhoea, words just blahhh out of us when we rant and with it grammar/spelling go out the window.
    Those Down's Sydrome people are running a hell of a racket as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

al28283 wrote: »
    meh, man up and get on with it
    Wouldn't "manning up" be doing something about it? and not "getting on with" bending over and letting the bank take us from behind.

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Firstly, thank you OP for making the post more readable.

Secondly, i agree completely with your post. Nobody in this country, bar a few, have the guts to stand up to punks down the road let alone punks in suits. As for what to do or where to do it im not your man. Im getting the hell out of this country in 19 days and will be glad to see the back of it.

No wonder you agree with his post. You're buggering off as soon as the going gets tough.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Do you even know what autism is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

An excuse for not paying any heed to the squiggly red line on message forums, yes. You see it a lot, or at least I do. As soon as a grammar nazi jumps into correct someone (they are equally annoying) then the OP has developed dyslexia, or autism. My brother has dyslexia, he notices the squiggly red line, so although his words my be the wrong word for the sentence they are spelled correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

"The great only appear great because we are on our knees. Let us rise."

Its a disgrace that in 2011, nearly 65 years after the man who spoke those words died, the ordinary Irish people are still on their knees, with the failures of the elite on their backs, keeping them down.

If it makes you angry you need to make your voice heard, don't leave it to others, and ignore the dicks who will slag you off for speaking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

No wonder you agree with his post. You're buggering off as soon as the going gets tough.

:p

Haha i never said i had the guts to begin with. Enjoy your cold winter lads.

An excuse for not paying any heed to the squiggly red line on message forums, yes. You see it a lot, or at least I do. As soon as a grammar nazi jumps into correct someone (they are equally annoying) then the OP has developed dyslexia, or autism. My brother has dyslexia, he notices the squiggly red line, so although his words my be the wrong word for the sentence they are spelled correctly.
    Well, maybe the OP is colour blind as well.

Or there's no automatic spellcheck in his browser. There isn't in mine.

Do you even know what autism is?

Yes I do, my nephew the son of my brother with dyslexia has it. So yes I do and that is why I can't stand it being banded as an excuse by people who clearly don't have it. (Though I full admit I was the one who mentioned autism in this thread where it was not needed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭hiram

Wouldn't "manning up" be doing something about it? and not "getting on with" bending over and letting the bank take us from behind.

Well, I can tell you now. I am quite prepared to do ANYTHING to stand up against these people, so at least I will know that I tried to do something. I dont know what I will do, but I will not take any more of this crap lying down. Im lucky that I have my health and a supportive wife, ..and the balls to do something.

Then at least in years to come, If I live that long, I will know that I made some gesture for my sons sake and for his future. Isnt that all that matters in life after all?? I spent some time last year in Syria and Jordan on some UN work, and I noticed one thing, especially in Syria. The people had nothing, they were crushed, but they had BALLs, they had the drive and the passion for life in the face of oppression, and now, six months later, you can see this manifest itself in the streets. We cant even do it in the face of unarmed Gardai and a tiny Army with a few banners and a megaphone...

• Advertisement

As soon as a grammar nazi jumps into correct someone then the OP has developed dyslexia, or autism.

Fucking hell - I always thought gammar nazis were bad, but I didn't realise they could make people autistic. I better start using a spellcheck. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Well, I can tell you now. I am quite prepared to do ANYTHING to stand up against these people, so at least I will know that I tried to do something. I dont know what I will do, but I will not take any more of this crap lying down. Im lucky that I have my health and a supportive wife, ..and the balls to do something.

Then at least in years to come, If I live that long, I will know that I made some gesture for my sons sake and for his future. Isnt that all that matters in life after all?? I spent some time last year in Syria and Jordan on some UN work, and I noticed one thing, especially in Syria. The people had nothing, they were crushed, but they had BALLs, they had the drive and the passion for life in the face of oppression, and now, six months later, you can see this manifest itself in the streets. We cant even do it in the face of unarmed Gardai and a tiny Army with a few banners and a megaphone...

Ya lets kill loads of gaurds and army guys then take kenny out of the dail and do a gaddafi on him...COP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or there's no automatic spellcheck in his browser. There isn't in mine.

Or perhaps, like I said in my initial post, he was just ranting and the words blahhh'd in a form of verbal diarrhoea but as the corrections poured in he needed a reason behind his incoherent post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Go join the guys outside Central Bank. They're doing more than you right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Anymore grammar nazi shite and im banning every single person who did it in this thread.

• Advertisement

Yes I do, my nephew the son of my brother with dyslexia has it. So yes I do and that is why I can't stand it being banded as an excuse by people who clearly don't have it. (Though I full admit I was the one who mentioned autism in this thread where it was not needed)

Wtf? Who says they're autistic if they're not? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

About the interest rate.. does it really matter whether it's passed onto us or not? The banks are being propped up by the tax payer either way, so it's only right that at least some of the revenue needed to do that comes directly from the customer and not the public purse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Well, maybe the OP is colour blind as well.

Or there's no automatic spellcheck in his browser. There isn't in mine

Nor mine ...not since I got rid of Firefox .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The OP is dyslexic. You don't ask people in wheelchairs not to be so lazy, do you?

I didn't know Dyslexia is so common. Seems like everyone has it on the internet these days.

EDIT: Didn't see keith's warning. My bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Learn the difference between an excuse and an explanation. And seriously, that thing you say about how we all have issues with spelling so that's the same as dyslexia? A total fallacy. And to say the same about autism is just stupid.

Exactly. But they do, people say a lot of things on the internet for attention actually people say a lot of things in real life for attention.

Back to the bankers and moving onto restaurants, hairdressers, cinema..., did anyone notice a decrease in the cost of a meal out/hair cut/movie ticket... when the VAT reduction was put in place?

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

Its a disgrace that in 2011, nearly 65 years after the man who spoke those words died, the ordinary Irish people are still on their knees, with the failures of the elite on their backs, keeping them down.

If it makes you angry you need to make your voice heard, don't leave it to others, and ignore the dicks who will slag you off for speaking up.

I don't see how you can possibly compare what James Larkin spoke about 90 odd years ago to today's situation. Larkin grew up in slums, started work at 14 & worked hard in trade unionism at a time where workers were completely exploited & underpaid and half the country lived in poverty.

You could hardly say the same thing about today where we are blessed with a high standard of living for most, and equal opportunities to education & health care for everyone. Compared to the days of Larkin, we are wealthy beyond what he could have dreamed of.

Yes, the super rich & elite still exist, but we're far from the "downtrodden ordinary men" that you allude to.

I'm all for people protesting & making their voices heard - that is the kind of thing that helps bring about better equality & rights, but when someone says we're all "gutless, selfish idiots", then pulling them up on that is just as good a reason for speaking up & not letting someone basically call you a dick.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

Nothing wrong with speaking up, but don't you think it's lacking in self awareness, to say the least, for someone to shower their fellow countryfolk with insults, whinge about nobody doing anything, and do nothing themselves - not to mind enjoying themselves when things were good?

Exactly. But they do, people say a lot of things on the internet for attention actually people say a lot of things in real life for attention.

Back to the bankers and moving onto restaurants, hairdressers, cinema..., did anyone notice a decrease in the cost of a meal out/hair cut/movie ticket... when the VAT reduction was put in place?
    People blurt out a lot of sh1t on the net that they can't substantiate too. Example of someone saying they're autistic when they're not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

What the fcuk is wrong with us?? Those faceless morans heading the banks are refusing to pass down Interest Rates and what do we do? Nothing.

The height of it is a few "angry words" from some government ministers while the greed driven banking bastards give two fingers to us...the very people that own the banks. Have we lost all sense of moral and ethical guidance? Are we so afraid of our ****es that we instead adopt the usual "yes ser no ser" attitude and kep the heads down hoping the The Man will go away and leave us to our meaningless worthless lives.

This is Bull**** people. Who are these faceless bastards? I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again. You have no Idea of the bubble they live in. They are both higher management and basically couldnt give a ****e if the country goes down the tubes as long as they get their damned bonus. Today we hear of a couple who commited suicide because they couldnt afford to live anymore. 2011, and they couldnt afford to live. We have become a bunch of guttless sheep, me included.

I dont know about you, but Im scared ****less for the future of our kids, and I hope I can muster the courage, for their sakes, to stand up for what I believe is morally right when the **** hits the fan.

If we all managed for one month to tell the banks to fcuk off and refuse to pay our mortages I wonder if it would even make a difference. Our childeren will look back at us in time and see us as the generation who did nothing for them. We are all about the here, the now, the Us, the me, the I, and fcuk the future. Shame on us.:mad:

Whats this 'we' business pail face??? i never took out a morgage or gave a bank no money so don't automatically assume Iam on your side lol

• Advertisement

I don't think i've ever seen someone on the internet claim to be autistic. So I really don't know what you're talking about.

And no I haven't noticed the prices of those things going down,except my hairdresser but I think that was because there was some special on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I have become apathetic and emotionless towards this country. I just don't care anymore.

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I have become apathetic and emotionless towards this country. I just don't care anymore.

That's the kind of fighting spirit that's going to carry us through the bad times!

Viva L'Irlande!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

We need some Icelandic spirit .........

Only at breaking point will we stand up for ourselves .

That point comes at different times for different people .

I can imagine the population will eventually stand up , but there wont be much of our money left at that stage

The VAT reduction was just a nonsense populist move by the government to make it look like they were doing something.

It cause a logistical nightmare for most retailers & made fuck all difference to the punter, beyond getting more shrapnel in their change, so rightly enough a lot of them chose to ignore it.

Something tells me you won't do anything - but whinge away about what "we" won't do, including yourself.

cocoshovel wrote: »
    May I ask how old you are and if you're employed?

He's a teenager (or just out of his teens). At that age it's your job to be apathetic so I guess you could say he is employed.

I spent some time last year in Syria and Jordan on some UN work, and I noticed one thing, especially in Syria. The people had nothing, they were crushed, but they had BALLs, they had the drive and the passion for life in the face of oppression, and now, six months later, you can see this manifest itself in the streets. We cant even do it in the face of unarmed Gardai and a tiny Army with a few banners and a megaphone...

Well, we don't live in Syria & we're not crushed, just a little less well off than we were a few years ago.

If our back were really against the wall & things were that bad that we had UN peace keeping forces in the country, then you might see a different sort of reaction.

• Advertisement

Jaelynn Nutritious Gunslinger works for the Inland Revenue, so be careful how you answer that one.

I can imagine the population will eventually stand up , but there wont be much of our money left at that stage
    Why do people keep wondering when we, i.e. the other guys, will rise up instead of starting the uprising themselves?

What the fcuk is wrong with us?? Those faceless morans heading the banks

morans?
    i'm sure there's more than one family involved

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Punctuation, spelling and paragraphs. Its not hard really. I stopped after the first line.

Did you not understand the first line or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Those that are genuinely fed up of it all should just emigrate or stop cooperating with the system they are so pissed off with. There's no point in even protesting at this stage. Just avoid paying as much tax as possible and look into moving your savings abroad. See how long the shambolic mess will last then.

Honestly.. how many people who call for the banks to be punished actually rely on those banks remaining solvent? It's madness.. leave the people that rely on them to pick up their debt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

You've missed this so called breaking point numerous times I'am afraid :D

Unfortunately you may need a trip to specsavers to get your eyes and ears checked :)

Also no-ones going to get off there lazy arse's to do anything about this mess of a country at all. Every one will keep voting in some eejit with false promises and then blame them cos they failed even though it was a previous administration who should have been left in place to clean their own mess but the neanderthal majority decided that was pointless and now here we are :rolleyes:

If your young enough jump ship while you can this country fucked end of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I agree 100% the people with the people faking autism thing, look at these jokers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Dudess wrote: »
    Well maybe all the others you hurl abuse at feel powerless too? People enjoyed the gravy train and weren't whinging then even though the warnings were plentiful. It was all an illusion and it's time to reap what was sown. I didn't take the piss money-wise but I still got to enjoy the benefits of living here, so things are the way they are, and unfortunately it's time to take some responsibility. Not saying we're all to blame - that's rubbish - but we got those few years in fantasy land, now it's back to earth and we've got to face up to it.

Is this meant to be ironic? I just caught a couple of posts from you recently getting irate about how we as a nation and our failings are lumped into the "we" bracket as opposed to the "I". As for fantasy land etc surely this comment is lost on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

usually suggestions about doing something are met with silence or 'shut up you whinger'.
    to those that feel we're reaping what we have sown in the boom years-not everyone experienced the tiger, sorry to disappoint.
    we were still waiting for things to get good when the recession hit.
    so many people on here are truly clueless about the daily struggles going on across the country.

i'm so happy that so many of you had such a wonderful time with the Tiger but please take your heads out of the clouds and realise alot of us know the boom only from what the media told us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    He's a teenager (or just out of his teens). At that age it's your job to be apathetic so I guess you could say he is employed.

Im 19 and in college. Stop stalking me :mad:. No but seriously, week after week its story after story of corruption, incompetence, idiocy, and more. I tried to get into politics for a while but with this countries record and how its going I just dont give 2 ****s when I hear more news about the crap that goes on. I just sigh and continue on doing whatever. And its probably this attitude thats the problem with many of us, but I have heard that a million times too and its not going to change. What a joke of a country we are. A lot of people I know agree. I feel almost ashamed.

Im expecting a hail of corrections and abuse to be honest. Im sure if you trawl through my posts you could find many contradicting comments by me. maybe. Also, Im only 19 so what do I know :rolleyes: maybe Ill come to care some day but it doesn't seem like trying with Irish politics will do much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Dudess wrote: »
    Why do people keep wondering when we, i.e. the other guys, will rise up instead of starting the uprising themselves?

have you never tried to change the world on your own ?

Start a revolution , and i'll back you up

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement