Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We Irish are a bunch of Gutless, Selfish Idiots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Dudess wrote: »
    jackie1974 wrote: »
    Zombiebride
    Please link me to a thread where somebody faked autism or used autism as an excuse for their behaviour because I have never seen it. I really hope you are a young teen that hasn't copped on to the fact that you need to think before you type. You cannot throw around disabilities in an effort to win your arguments, that is ignorant and will make you look foolish.
    People who are skeptical (with no concrete reasoning) about dyslexia and autism strike me as folk who resent what they perceive as others getting special treatment.

Exactly they live in a bubble and think everybody else could and should behave as they do, that's tunnel vision at its best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Im glad someone pointed this out and posted it save me having to do the job. But im still getting paid for it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Im 19 and in college. Stop stalking me :mad:. No but seriously, week after week its story after story of corruption, incompetence, idiocy, and more. I tried to get into politics for a while but with this countries record and how its going I just dont give 2 ****s when I hear more news about the crap that goes on. I just sigh and continue on doing whatever. And its probably this attitude thats the problem with many of us, but I have heard that a million times too and its not going to change. What a joke of a country we are. A lot of people I know agree. I feel almost ashamed.

Im expecting a hail of corrections and abuse to be honest. Im sure if you trawl through my posts you could find many contradicting comments by me. maybe. Also, Im only 19 so what do I know :rolleyes: maybe Ill come to care some day but it doesn't seem like trying with Irish politics will do much.

I cannot recall a major case of corruption in the state this year. Corruption is a term bandied about, but do these people know what it means? Believe it or not, Ireland is one of the least corrupt countries in the world.

Would you even consider bribing a guard to get off a speeding ticket?

Im 19 and in college. Stop stalking me :mad:. No but seriously, week after week its story after story of corruption, incompetence, idiocy, and more. I tried to get into politics for a while but with this countries record and how its going I just dont give 2 ****s when I hear more news about the crap that goes on. I just sigh and continue on doing whatever. And its probably this attitude thats the problem with many of us, but I have heard that a million times too and its not going to change. What a joke of a country we are. A lot of people I know agree. I feel almost ashamed. Im expecting a hail of corrections and abuse to be honest. Im sure if you trawl through my posts you could find many contradicting comments by me. maybe. Also, Im only 19 so what do I know :rolleyes: maybe Ill come to care some day but it doesn't seem like trying with Irish politics will do much.
    I cannot recall a major case of corruption in the state this year. Corruption is a term bandied about, but do these people know what it means? Believe it or not, Ireland is one of the least corrupt countries in the world.

Ahahaha I really want a laughing emoticon right now, are you having a laugh ?

Im 19 and in college. Stop stalking me :mad:. No but seriously, week after week its story after story of corruption, incompetence, idiocy, and more. I tried to get into politics for a while but with this countries record and how its going I just dont give 2 ****s when I hear more news about the crap that goes on. I just sigh and continue on doing whatever. And its probably this attitude thats the problem with many of us, but I have heard that a million times too and its not going to change. What a joke of a country we are. A lot of people I know agree. I feel almost ashamed. Im expecting a hail of corrections and abuse to be honest. Im sure if you trawl through my posts you could find many contradicting comments by me. maybe. Also, Im only 19 so what do I know :rolleyes: maybe Ill come to care some day but it doesn't seem like trying with Irish politics will do much.

• Advertisement

mapaco wrote: »
    oh get off your high horse-when you're living on beans and toast and restricted in every way due to money problems and you read people saying its our time to suffer now cos we had our 'good times'-its really bloody annoying.
    What fucking idiots are living on beans and toast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The OP takes his wrath out on his brother in law and sister.

FFS!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

mapaco wrote: »
    oh get off your high horse-when you're living on beans and toast and restricted in every way due to money problems and you read people saying its our time to suffer now cos we had our 'good times'-its really bloody annoying.
    What fucking idiots are living on beans and toast?

Sniff ..... Sniff .... Is that a troll I smell....yep ... id know that smell a mile away lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Ah typical after hours dissecting the post for cheap point scoring and grammar nazism all the while ignoring the content or the good will in which it was written.
    OP you will not get any sympathy here after hours is infested with lobby groups and people with alternate agenda's.Any mention of protest or political reform or change in monetary policy will instantly get shot down.You will get labelled a "hippy" "a member of the looney left" or whatever ***** people throw around here

Sniff ..... Sniff .... Is that a troll I smell....yep ... id know that smell a mile away lol

Troll? Me? I stand by my point, that you would have to be an idiot to be starving yourself for the sake of a mortgage. If life has gotten that hard, let the bank take the house and default. The person will get social housing.

• Advertisement

If its week after week of corruption, then you'll have 52 names for the past year. Go on then... tell us who they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I didn't read this whole thread, but the banks who passed on the ECB cut shouldn't be praised, those are the banks that increased their SVR time and time again irrespective of if the ECB when up or down.
    PTSB cut their rate, but its still over 5%
    AIB didn't cut their rate but their rate is around 4% (or under it)

I don't have my mortgage with AIB, but I wish I did. It would be still a lot cheaper when I come off my fixed rate.:(

Ah typical after hours dissecting the post for cheap point scoring and grammar nazism all the while ignoring the content or the good will in which it was written.
    OP you will not get any sympathy here after hours is infested with lobby groups and people with alternate agenda's.Any mention of protest or political reform or change in monetary policy will instantly get shot down.You will get labelled a "hippy" "a member of the looney left" or whatever ***** people throw around here

That is total bs and a bit snivelling and selfserving tbh, I consider myself to be left leaning and have found ah to be a deadly place to post.

Troll? Me? I stand by my point, that you would have to be an idiot to be starving yourself for the sake of a mortgage. If life has gotten that hard, let the bank take the house and default. The person will get social housing.

Are you for real ? The OP will get social housing, the list is 7 years long. Please do not preach from the pulpit of your mammys house, you are a kid, you do not have a mortgage, children etc. Marie Atoinette - Let them eat cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

HIRAM.

I think you have your answer. When the **** hits the fan the Irish will turn on each other.
    We don't need anyone to divide us - we are perfectly capable of doing it all by ourselves.

We have a long historical tradition of fighting among ourselves and nothing has changed.

Ireland didn't become a united country because all the petty kings couldn't agree. Consequently we never had an actual High King.

The Normans arrived on our shores as mercenaries to help the King of Leinster fight the King of Connacht.

Strongbow and the lads thought this will be great! We can so take over. Unfortunately for them they married into Gaelic Irish families and within a generation or two these gung-ho Normans were sucked into the good old infighting amongst ourselves.

The Tudors really got the hand of using this divide thing to rule - let's get the O'Neills to watch the O'Donnells cos they hate each other and lets set the Galway Burkes against the Mayo Bourkes cos they have been at each others throats since the 14th century - ok. That's Connacht and Ulster kept busy while we are busy planting the Midlands and Munster.

Now that we are up **** creek every thread here descends into a PS Vs Private bitch fest or Right VS Left or employed Vs unemployed and we let the insults and snide comments rip.

But you know what - the vast majority of us are still being screwed and those doing the screwing have nice big salaries and lovely pensions awaiting them and while we attack each other they can get on with business as usual for them in their cushioned bubble of protected privilege while preaching the message of austerity - an austerity they will never have to suffer.

Don't let the snide, childish, bitching get to you. You are not alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

hiram wrote: »
    I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again.

Right... Do you think that's a bit much? I mean they hardly cause the recession solely. :confused:

Your letting money rule over your family which is a bit much, at the end of the day they really are more important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    HIRAM.

I think you have your answer. When the **** hits the fan the Irish will turn on each other.
    We don't need anyone to divide us - we are perfectly capable of doing it all by ourselves.

The Irony is, Hiram turned on his BIL and sister.

Very true Bannasidhe, very true.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

What the fcuk is wrong with us?? Those faceless morans heading the banks are refusing to pass down Interest Rates and what do we do? Nothing.
    Morning Enda (or Eamonn).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Punctuation, spelling and paragraphs. Its not hard really.

Good to see some got their priorities right :rolleyes:. Who gives a fúck about such unimportant bullshít, especially when one considers the subject matter of the thread?
    Full.Duck wrote: »
    I stopped after the first line.

So how then could you pass judgement on the grammatical composition of the OP's post, if you only bothered to read the first line? I would suggest your attempt to make the OP look stupid appears to have backfired miserably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I am not a gutless, selfish idiot.. you want to do something? get up off your arse and get out on the street and protest... look at greece, or would you you rather sit in the pub/on boards and rant without actually doing more than satisfying your own ideas, albeit changing nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

What the fcuk is wrong with us?? Those faceless morans heading the banks are refusing to pass down Interest Rates and what do we do? Nothing.

The height of it is a few "angry words" from some government ministers while the greed driven banking bastards give two fingers to us...the very people that own the banks. Have we lost all sense of moral and ethical guidance? Are we so afraid of our ****es that we instead adopt the usual "yes ser no ser" attitude and kep the heads down hoping the The Man will go away and leave us to our meaningless worthless lives.

This is Bull**** people. Who are these faceless bastards? I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again. You have no Idea of the bubble they live in. They are both higher management and basically couldnt give a ****e if the country goes down the tubes as long as they get their damned bonus. Today we hear of a couple who commited suicide because they couldnt afford to live anymore. 2011, and they couldnt afford to live. We have become a bunch of guttless sheep, me included.

I dont know about you, but Im scared ****less for the future of our kids, and I hope I can muster the courage, for their sakes, to stand up for what I believe is morally right when the **** hits the fan.

If we all managed for one month to tell the banks to fcuk off and refuse to pay our mortages I wonder if it would even make a difference. Our childeren will look back at us in time and see us as the generation who did nothing for them. We are all about the here, the now, the Us, the me, the I, and fcuk the future. Shame on us.:mad:

if you don't prepare for you're future you get stuck in you're past mistakes, stop crying and start working towards you're future or you'll be on a taxi rank with all the other political analysts spending all day complaining no time working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Lavezzi

We (the Irish) have become a bunch of guttless sheep

Hmm..... When this man tells the truth about the Irish sheeple he gets 40 thumbs up. When I do it I get infractions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Lavezzi wrote: »
    Hmm..... When this man tells the truth about the Irish sheeple he gets 40 thumbs up. When I do it I get infractions.

its not what you say its how you say it, an example:

Bertie ahern is a ****. Wrong he made millions and got away with it.

Bertie ahern robbed the irish public, like most in Ireland he's nothing but a successful petty theif who has everyone jealous of his crimes when in actual fact put anyone else in that same position they'd do the same: Correct ! We are all in some way or form a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not true. I'm fairly looney leftie and I agree not everyone got a slice of the cake during the good times, but can't you see that this "We're all responsible" bullsh1t isn't for their benefit? It's blaming people who are not to blame.
    Other side of the coin is that plenty of people who whinge now had no problem when times were good. How do you know the OP wasn't one of them?
    And the OP isn't protesting - he's just having a rant at others without looking at what he can do himself.

Not true. I'm fairly looney leftie and I agree not everyone got a slice of the cake during the good times, but can't you see that this "We're all responsible" bullsh1t isn't for their benefit? It's blaming people who are not to blame.
    Other side of the coin is that plenty of people who whinge now had no problem when times were good.
    And the OP isn't protesting - he's just having a rant at others without looking at what he can do himself.

I would disagree that we do not all have some responsibility for how things went wrong. No - everyone did not ride the Pig's Back during the great national illusion that was the Celtic Tiger. BUT we, the electorate, have some responsibility for the complete failure of our political system that contributed to the meltdown.

For years we have elected governments who have presented us with pre-election manifestos that were noting but empty promises. Basically - we elected governments based on what they told us they would do when in power and then shrugged our shoulders when they failed to deliver. We allowed it to become acceptable that governments are not bound in anyway by their pre-election promises and were willing to allow them to fob us off with pathetic excuses.

It was us - the electorate - who decided if it's not FF it must be FG when it comes to who forms the main party. A blind man could see that their policies are really not so different. In fact at the moment FG are carrying out FF's policies while implementing few of those they had in their manifesto.

We are all expressing our disgust at how the remnants of FF have turned on Cowan with cries of 'we didn't know - it's all his fault'. Yet - as an electorate we are shrieking- 'we didn't know and it's all their fault!'

FG are blaming FF for the mess and accepting no responsibility for the actions they are currently taking. FF blamed the IMF/ECB. Now look at any of the 100s of threads on here - the private sector workers are lashing into the public sector workers - apparently it's all their fault. Or else it's the fault of the unemployed who are contributing nothing just sucking off the public teat. Or its the Lefties...Or it.... well its everyone/anyone but 'me'.

We rightly moan about the lack of accountability in our government - well lets set a precedent and be accountable for our failures as citizens.

You say that as if we all voted for the same party.

I agree anyone who benefitted in any way and didn't complain at the time has to suck it up now to an extent. But there are varying degrees of accountability, and that includes having none when it came to question of who was voted for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

The height of it is a few "angry words" from some government ministers while the greed driven banking bastards give two fingers to us...the very people that own the banks. Have we lost all sense of moral and ethical guidance? Are we so afraid of our ****es that we instead adopt the usual "yes ser no ser" attitude and kep the heads down hoping the The Man will go away and leave us to our meaningless worthless lives.

This is Bull**** people. Who are these faceless bastards? I am so fcuking angry that I called my brother in law and my sister, who both work in a bank, and told them to basically fcuk off and never speak to me again. You have no Idea of the bubble they live in. They are both higher management and basically couldnt give a ****e if the country goes down the tubes as long as they get their damned bonus. Today we hear of a couple who commited suicide because they couldnt afford to live anymore. 2011, and they couldnt afford to live. We have become a bunch of guttless sheep, me included.

I dont know about you, but Im scared ****less for the future of our kids, and I hope I can muster the courage, for their sakes, to stand up for what I believe is morally right when the **** hits the fan.

If we all managed for one month to tell the banks to fcuk off and refuse to pay our mortages I wonder if it would even make a difference. Our childeren will look back at us in time and see us as the generation who did nothing for them. We are all about the here, the now, the Us, the me, the I, and fcuk the future. Shame on us.:mad:

In this thread the majority only care about grammar, when two people have died because they cant feed themselves, I am beyond despairing of the human race. Feel free to correct my grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I agree anyone who benefitted in any way and didn't complain at the time has to suck it up now to an extent. But there are varying degrees of accountability, and that includes having none when it came to question of who was voted for.

Is there any part of the country or society that didn't get a huge increase in quality of life from 1995 onwards? The word "blame" is somewhat disingenuous, the lower parts of the population got a far bigger increase than should have been possible and now someone of that has to be undone because it was done with fantasy money.

Anyway it's not like what anyone voted made any difference, even as FF were adding coal to the already overheating fire the other parties criticised them for not handing out more. That's what has me concerned for next time, along with people talking about a "recovery" in the housing market.

looky loo wrote: »
    when two people have died because they cant feed themselves,

Got a link?

• Advertisement

I never voted for either party either. I have voted Labour. I have voted Green. Both of those parties enabled either FG or FF to form governments.

Did you protest against the Whip system that gags backbenchers?
    Did you protest against the Cabinet assuming absolute control over our parliament?

Or did you do nothing while the rot set in?

I did nothing. I preferred not to see it. It was easier and I had more important things to do and sure - leave em off. I am responsible for my failure to take any action when our democracy was being undermined. As are all who also did nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I can't wait for the revolution but I couldn't be arsed starting it.

Kasabian wrote: »

If I start humming it - will you join in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    yes but if you took a closer you will see that the user to which you replied stated the they were no longer interested in this thread and were leaving which they did so your reiterating is thus pointless and is addining to the heaps of pointlessness in this thread :)

What do smileys have an adverse effect on you? :)

Pointlessness like your contributions? I didn't read that they were no longer interested, to be honest.

Why are you addressing this post, out of interest? It's petty and moronic.

I'll try your level of pedantry so. You can't spell. What is "addining"? What is it? Nothing. Your spelling is atrocious. Throughout the whole thread too. See? I can do that too.

And smileys do not have an adverse effect on me.

Should we be standing up to the Irish government about everything that happens in England? I imagine that like here Britain has an agency that will pay out money to those who can't get anything else. If someone is applying for disability benefit and therefore can't get jobseekers then they can get payment from the HSE during that time once they show they have no other income or assets. I'd be amazed if they don't in fact.

Also you're filling in a hyooge amount of gaps in that story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

If I start humming it - will you join in?

Does it start here, doubt it, spelling is more important to people here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Koloman wrote: »
    The OP only mentioned he was dyslexic after people complained about his grammar.

Why would he have mentioned it in the first place ffs:rolleyes:

amacachi wrote: »
    Should we be standing up to the Irish government about everything that happens in England? I imagine that like here Britain has an agency that will pay out money to those who can't get anything else. If someone is applying for disability benefit and therefore can't get jobseekers then they can get payment from the HSE during that time once they show they have no other income or assets. I'd be amazed if they don't in fact.

Also you're filling in a hyooge amount of gaps in that story.

^^ What do you mean, I posted a link. I filled nothing in. :confused:

Also my point was two people are dead because they couldnt afford to live, regardless of what country it happened in, it is a tragedy.

^^ What do you mean, I posted a link. I filled nothing in. :confused:

Also my point was two people are dead because they couldnt afford to live, regardless of what country it happened in, it is a tragedy.

You said they died because they couldn't feed themselves, nowhere in that link does it say that. It was a year ago when the guy who died made the comments used in that article, and it was in the past tense. He said
    My Helen is learning disabled, but it took her a very long time to get any kind of benefits or social security.
    We were living on very little, hand to mouth.

Which implies that they did get their benefits a year ago and had gotten it sorted out. The charity guy took the opportunity to run his mouth which is his job but nowhere in the article does it say they committed suicide or starved. Even if they did commit suicide (it'd probably be murder by the guy since the woman was "learning disabled", a term I've not heard used about people who get injured, so hopefully there was nothing untoward there) there's nothing in the article to suggest it was because they couldn't feed themselves since they got their benefits sorted out a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

agree with what you've said there op. I still don't believe the situation will get any better if we all revolt. personally i don't think telling your brother in to GTFO will help the situation unless as others have pointed, they were the CEO, heads of the bank in question. You've expressed what probably a lot of us are feeling but a lot of us are not prepared to just down tools and revolt libya style at the moment.

• Advertisement

I never voted for either party either. I have voted Labour. I have voted Green. Both of those parties enabled either FG or FF to form governments.
    I don't accept that. Blame those who voted for them, not those who didn't. There's no need to be so self flagellating that you'd take the blame for others voting FF.
    Did you protest against the Whip system that gags backbenchers?
    Did you protest against the Cabinet assuming absolute control over our parliament?

Or did you do nothing while the rot set in?

I did nothing. I preferred not to see it. It was easier and I had more important things to do and sure - leave em off. I am responsible for my failure to take any action when our democracy was being undermined. As are all who also did nothing.
    Yup. I did nowt too. And while I didn't take the piss during the "boom", I still benefitted somewhat and wasn't complaining. Hence, I don't go pointing fingers and bitching about what a disgrace everyone in Ireland is and how "we" are this, that and the other, now that things are no longer so sweet.
    At the same time though, blame/accountability should be apportioned fairly - plus, not everyone had a crystal ball. I knew things would come crashing down, because there were warnings, but nobody predicted how bad things would actually become.
    Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheyKnowMyIP

Protesting won't get the country out of the mess. The problem is too large within context for that to happen. This isn't just about the IMF and us anymore, it's a statewide EU nightmare. Sure the Italian stood down yesterday didn't he? Italy owes something close to 2 Trillion Euro, no?

As Morgan Kelly said, Ireland would be better served as not a member of the EU at this point. The EU is being exposed as unsustainable in the long term. Yes we borrowed, but the EU was more than happy enough to lend money mostly on the basis of fractional reserve lending. This is fraud. The ECB and IMF being broke illustrate the last point.

Lavezzi wrote: »
    He doesn't mean it in the same paranoid, crazed way you do though - plus, he hasn't gone on about how the world is controlled by zionists...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There was a time I'd be all aggro about such a statement :D Mainly because there's a fair bit of truth to it. I'd also agree with Bannasidhe's post too. More and more I see this as somewhat of a good thing though.

Dunno how to explain it.... OK, the people of these islands - and yes I'd add in the Welsh, Scots and English too - are pretty slow to rile. The Norman/Dutch English elites did much the same to their own people as Bannasidhe described they did to the Irish(and Scots and Welsh). We have had revolutions over the last 1000 years and the Brits had a disastrous civil war that killed 100's of 1000's, but overall we're pretty stable. Certainly when compared to the Latin countries of Europe. They go ape at the touch of a button. Makes for great stories and history and colour, but I'm not so sure it makes for great stability either. We're kinda halfway between the Germanics and the Latins.

The Greeks get caught on the hop and it's lets set the world and each other on fire. If similar happens in Italy watch out. We'll trundle along moaning, but overall pretty alright and pretty stable and pretty safe.

Now don't get me wrong, I like a good "WTF?? don't piss down my neck and tell me it's raining you prick "as much if not more than the next man or woman. Lord help any south american country if I rock up with a keg of beer/dutch courage and a manifesto* :D but a cool head is better. We can play the game. We have to as we're not quite big enough to start making up another one in this interconnected world, currently in thrall to banks. We can and should play it more cleverly though. Make it clear that playing the game is a two way street. So if the banks start taking the piss, the government has to nip that crap in the bud and hard. And the banking sector is in dire need of that at times.

*My manifesto for Europe? Tell the Chinese to fcuk off, now rather than later. Raise tariffs on their goods so if you wanna sell in Europe you better be building in Europe. They keep their currency artificially low and pay their workers three bowls a rise a day so why should we subsidise their housing bubble? See how long the Chinese miracle keeps on track after that. Sadly never gonna happen.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Zombiebride

Please link me to a thread where somebody faked autism or used autism as an excuse for their behaviour because I have never seen it. I really hope you are a young teen that hasn't copped on to the fact that you need to think before you type. You cannot throw around disabilities in an effort to win your arguments, that is ignorant and will make you look foolish.

I wasn't having an argument to win, but a quick google search would bring up many cases of people faking autism.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/faking-autism-to-get-help-for-kids-according-to-claims-made-by-autism-spectrum-australia/story-e6freuy9-1226097806649

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x645475200/Despicable-tale-of-deceit-lands-man-in-prison

http://gawker.com/Mark-Anthony-Richardson-II/

Just because you don't like the idea of people faking disabilities does not mean it doesn't happen, so be careful when becoming personally abusive.

People who do this take away from the people, like my nephew, who actually have autism, and my brother who has dyslexia.

I never in any of my posts dismissed autism or dyslexia as real, or that the people who have them suffer, I believe this has been misinterpreted through my posts, while referring to those who fake illnesses for attention and as can be read in some of the above articles, profit.

Now, this is the end of my part in this debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

du Maurier wrote: »
    Pointlessness like your contributions? I didn't read that they were no longer interested, to be honest.

Why are you addressing this post, out of interest? It's petty and moronic.

I'll try your level of pedantry so. You can't spell. What is "addining"? What is it? Nothing. Your spelling is atrocious. Throughout the whole thread too. See? I can do that too.

And smileys do not have an adverse effect on me.

I was merely pointing out that you addressing that persons post was as petty and pointless as the autism argument and I was typing those post quite late last night and in a very tired state so what I made a few mistakes Iam only human. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭hiram

I was merely pointing out that you addressing that persons post was as petty and pointless as the autism argument and I was typing those post quite late last night and in a very tired state so what I made a few mistakes Iam only human. :)

Again, as the OP, I would like to get back on thread. And again we have a government minister telling us that in no circumstances are the government going to print punts as a backup plan and that any talk of the Euro going bust is daft. And so he stands there with his mouth open-gutless, selfish and an idiot. I never had a kind word for Declan Ganley, but listening to him this evening, one would wonder who is correct. Plus on sky news, an economist has declared that there is a more than 60% chance that Greece, Portugal, Italy AND Ireland will be excluded from the Euro.
    -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Ah, hold on a second there. I think you quoted the wrong person. I never mentioned anything about autism at all. I think because you were venting spleen on everyone here you got your posters confused. Fair enough. I wouldn't have attacked with regard to semantics, grammar, etc if you didn't put it out there to be disrespectful or condescending to my posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

I thought this was brilliant!! Don't think the interviewer expected the reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7eb79qB08s&feature=feedlik

Called ''wanker bankers''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

Again, as the OP, I would like to get back on thread. And again we have a government minister telling us that in no circumstances are the government going to print punts as a backup plan and that any talk of the Euro going bust is daft. And so he stands there with his mouth open-gutless, selfish and an idiot. I never had a kind word for Declan Ganley, but listening to him this evening, one would wonder who is correct. Plus on sky news, an economist has declared that there is a more than 60% chance that Greece, Portugal, Italy AND Ireland will be excluded from the Euro.
    -

Good riddance :) if we have our own currency again then can we not control the value it ourselves and better the costs of living?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement