Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim 2012

Options
  • 09-11-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Reckon this deserves it's own thread,great festival,might head over next year.

Anything to do with the festival such as accomadation,travel tips,line up rumours etc post here :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Meglamonia wrote: »

Anything to do with the festival such as accomadation,travel tips,line up rumours etc post here :D
    Stone roses confirmed as headliner

Reckon the likes of the killers, Florence, kasabian, and maybe Noel Gallagher could appear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Always wanted to go to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Went in 2009 and 2011, my favourite festival

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

can you not buy a ticket for 1 day? No way i'm paying €175 for 8 days camping to see one band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

can you not buy a ticket for 1 day? No way i'm paying €175 for 8 days camping to see one band.

Go and see more than one then! They let you watch more than one.

Was there this year. great weather and great laugh with other festival goers, everyone happy to chat away to each other, good mix of irish, english, scots, spanish.

didn't stay in benni itself but we were happy to get the bus every night and morning which was always on time. Accom seemed fairly plentiful, will dig out the name of the crowd we stayed with. Needed another holiday after coming back though,five day parties take their toll!

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Went in 2009 and 2011, my favourite festival

hi
    im seriously considering trying to organise a group to go next year, could u tell me how u travelled and accomodation and how much etc
    any info at all greatly appreciated
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

Will be so amazing! The Stone Roses! Sun! Beach!
    Can't be dealing with Oxegen scobes this year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mikeymc

Folks,

If you are having any hesitation about going to this festival DONT!! It has to be without a doubt the best ten days of my life. I went last year for the first time and already have my Beni 2012 ticket sorted. The venue, the people, the music, the weather even the beer tastes sweeter over there!!

Im actually looking for info from people who have went more than once. Looking for accomadation advise. we got ripped last year. We got an apartment for 1600 between 4 of us in marina D'or which was gorgeous and clean etc but too far away from the nightlife. Marina D'or is the eqivalent of Courtdown for the Spanyards. And the one nightclub there is 15 spanish lads per one spanish girl - yikes.

So if anyone has any advise on places to stay in Beniicassim can they give me a mail Im new to this so post if my email address doesnt come up. Oh yeah if anyone wants any information off me by all means mail me

Thanks

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

have the 4-day tickets with free camping sold out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

mikeymc wrote: »
    Folks,

If you are having any hesitation about going to this festival DONT!! It has to be without a doubt the best ten days of my life. I went last year for the first time and already have my Beni 2012 ticket sorted. The venue, the people, the music, the weather even the beer tastes sweeter over there!!

Im actually looking for info from people who have went more than once. Looking for accomadation advise. we got ripped last year. We got an apartment for 1600 between 4 of us in marina D'or which was gorgeous and clean etc but too far away from the nightlife. Marina D'or is the eqivalent of Courtdown for the Spanyards. And the one nightclub there is 15 spanish lads per one spanish girl - yikes.

So if anyone has any advise on places to stay in Beniicassim can they give me a mail Im new to this so post if my email address doesnt come up. Oh yeah if anyone wants any information off me by all means mail me

Thanks

Michael
    I could also do with this advise, we're looking at a few villas nearby.

Probably going to go a few days early and stay a few days after to recover.

Also what's the best/cheapest place to fly to from dublin?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I could also do with this advise, we're looking at a few villas nearby.

Probably going to go a few days early and stay a few days after to recover.

Also what's the best/cheapest place to fly to from dublin?

Cheers

Went last year from Dublin to Barcelona. Return tickets were €120.
    Then train from Barcelona to a town just outside Beni was bout €60/70.
    So relatively cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Alright, flew Dublin to Reus with Ryanair. Reus is closer to Beni than Barcelona. Valencia is closer again but Ryanair wack up the prices for festival week.

You get the train return from the airport for about €25 - http://www.renfe.com/

The first year we stayed in apartments in Marina D'Or which is about 15 mins drive away from the festival site and Benicassim town. We booked through a company called Danes Fib, it was €250 each for the week for an apartment for 6 people, plus €50 for the bus for the 4 days of the festival return. The bus runs every 20 minutes or so.
    Danes Fib themselves were a pack of jokers, queues for apartment keys and such for hours on end in the heat, hated them but I heard they fixed all that the year after.

The following year we stayed in Benicassim town itself, again 6 person apartment but this time for €300 each (works out the same as you dont have to pay for the bus). The company was Orca Services and it went much smoother, the apartment was right on the beach and the nightlife in the town and on the beach was absolutely hopping for the days coming up to the festival (we did Monday to Monday so had 3 nights before the festival kicked off). There's plenty of places so don't just look at Orca, google it, there is plenty of places but they fill up FAST.
    Hotel Intur Orange is right beside the festival site and the water park.

Obviously 250/300euro per person is a total rip off for a holiday apartment for one week but that's what you'll pay for festival week there.

Would recommend the festival to anyone, had a great time both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gilliangormley

Hey what website did you use for booking??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Meglamonia wrote: »

brilliant festival. Went 2009 and the infamous 2008. I'd strongly recommend getting an apartment in Oropesa del Mar between a few mates. works out cheap enough, decent sleep and shower and eating etc . makes it all more enjoyable. deal with your hangover by the pool sipping bottles.

its a cracking festival all round, no **** and a deadly buzz. Plus wearing shorts and flip flops to a festival is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 18 acbs

Hey! I'm thinking of going to Benicassim next and was just wondering if anyone that has been at it before could give me an estimate of how much it would realistically cost... including flights, camping tickets, travel to and from the festival from the airport, spending money and anything else i've forgotten! Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DDDDDeannnnn

Going for the first time this year with a few mates,is camping a no no?The sheer expense of apartments i've looked at is ridiculous.
    Also is there any point in camping for the full 8 days or are you better off just going for the four days of the festival?
    Thanks in adavance.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

acbs wrote: »
    Hey! I'm thinking of going to Benicassim next and was just wondering if anyone that has been at it before could give me an estimate of how much it would realistically cost... including flights, camping tickets, travel to and from the festival from the airport, spending money and anything else i've forgotten! Thanks! :)

You could do it on €500/€600 if you plan everything to a tee, went last year and spent €1,000 but i was drinking pints in the tents in the campsite etc.
    Won't be doing that again.

hi
    im travelling to benicassim this year for the festival but can any1 tell me if its better to stay in oropesa del mar or castellon de plana?
    regards

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gilliangormley

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    hi
    im travelling to benicassim this year for the festival but can any1 tell me if its better to stay in oropesa del mar or castellon de plana?
    regards

Hey Davy,

Have you been looking at this link?? weve been looking at this and its for oropesa del mar - d'or marina...or something like that...havent heard much about it but the ratings arent great for it online.

Hey Davy,

Have you been looking at this link?? weve been looking at this and its for oropesa del mar - d'or marina...or something like that...havent heard much about it but the ratings arent great for it online.

hi
    yea iv actually booked that marina d'or place got it for reasonable price. ive found a good few hotels and apts but im just wondering is it better to stay in oropesa del mar or castellon de plana?
    both are about 10km away from festival but in opposite directions
    im just wondering has any1 stayed in either b4? which has more shuttle buses? which area is nicer? has more bars/restaurants etc?

thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone got any tips for camping? Mainly just worried about the heat!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Miles Kane, and Bombay Bicycle Club are the latest acts confirmed for this summer's International Benicàssim Festival, FIB Heineken, in Spain.

Also confirmed are Cooper, Department S, and Los Tiki Phantoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭noideaforaname

New Order, The Horrors, Crystal Castles, Katy B, Example, Spector, Thee Brandy Hips added to the bill this morning. I can't wait, just trying to get the mates to get their **** together and book!

Titanium' producer David Guetta is the latest act to be confirmed for Spain's International Benicàssim Festival, FIB.

Parisian DJ and producer David Guetta has revealed that he is currently in the studio with Dutch DJ Nicky Romero and has promised "big club bangers" will be on their way, perhaps they'll get an airring at Benicassim. More acts will be announced tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

What's the ticked situation?Heard there were only 500 left a couple of weeks ago

London rapper Dizzee Rascal leads the latest act to be confirmed for Spain's International Benicàssim Festival, FIB.

Also confirmed are Pennsylvanian singer and guitarist Kurt Vile & the Violators, Spanish songwriter Joe Crepusculo, Steve Shelley from Sonic Youth's new project Disappears, London's own Maverick Sabre, Norwegian DJ Todd Terje, and America's new teen pop-rock sensation Howler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Can anyone recommend any decent accommodation? Where did you all book?

Davexirl wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any decent accommodation? Where did you all book?

i havent been before but i booked here:

http://www.travelrepublic.ie/accomodation/hotel-availability-details.aspx?hguid=436300e6-f8ee-4b8b-9630-c185904f13fe&id=114716&ssid=82753240

seems ok

You could do it on €500/€600 if you plan everything to a tee, went last year and spent €1,000 but i was drinking pints in the tents in the campsite etc.
    Won't be doing that again.

did u spend a grand including ur accomodation , flights etc r a grand jus on spending money?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Spent well over a grand. I went in 09. Great festival pity the line up is so sh1te this year.

The Michael Darragh McAuley is top notch though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement