Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim 2012

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

legendal wrote: »
    Has anyone here camped at the festival for the whole week? If so....
    • do the covers they seem to place over the tents (the ones seen on the photos on their Facebook page) help make the heat in the mornings bearable?
    • are there clean shower facilities etc on site and are the queues long?
    • is it easy to pick up good tents over there? (Save carrying one all the way over from here and racking up extra luggage charges in the process!)
    • and just in general... is camping there for a week a good idea?

Would love to go next year. Sounds like it's Electric Picnic, but by the sea :D

I camped from the Wednesday until the Monday. We managed to get the last of a few spots under the covers. I can't speak for those who slept in tents that weren't under the covers but we still woke up at about 9am every morning due to the extreme heat in the tent, I mean the sweat would be rolling off ya (attractive I know!). Which brings me onto your next point, the cold showers (were a saviour!) and much needed every morning after waking up in that state and most evenings. There were 2 showering spots with a large amount of showers, I never had to que and I went at the busier parts of the day (which also meant less water pressure so less water and a not so wet shower, but a shower all the same!). They started off clean enough (they were on concrete) but as with any festival as the days went of they got a little bit muckier, not the worst though!
    As for picking up tents over there, well I knew a group of people that arrived at the festival tentless and seemed to bag themselves a decent size good looking tent (no idea of the cost though!) and I did see stalls that had offers for buying and pitching tents...

To be honest there are pros and cons to the camping, the heat in the mornings in the tent was pretty unbearable and ya usually couldnt sleep past about 9am, so for that reason a nice air-conditioned apartment would be good, and to feel fresher I suppose. But the atmosphere and proximatey of the campsite was fairly good and people were fairly decent about curfew with noise levels settling down for a few hours after the acts finished helping all to grab a few very welcome hours kip (I had never experienced this at any other festival before, always seemed to be people making raquet all night/morning long). An apartment would be much handier for proximatey to the town too as the campsite is about forty minute walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

legendal wrote: »
    Has anyone here camped at the festival for the whole week? If so....
      do the covers they seem to place over the tents (the ones seen on the photos on their
    Facebook page) help make the heat in the mornings bearable?
      are there clean shower facilities etc on site and are the queues long?
      is it easy to pick up
    good tents over there? (Save carrying one all the way over from here and racking up extra luggage charges in the process!)
      and just in general... is camping there for a week a good idea?

Would love to go next year. Sounds like it's Electric Picnic, but by the sea :D

If your planning on doing a full week then I would say get an apartment, 7 nights of camping will really take it out of you. Also note apartments, especially in Beni town, are not cheap!
    If your only doing something like Wed-Sun then I'd say camp, you wouldn't really get your moneys worth for an apartment and camping is definitely manageable for 4/5 nights.

If you weren't bothered bringing tents over there is a glamping option which looked reasonable enough, it was a 4 man tent already set up for you in a private shaded area away from the riff raff with ground mat, torch, private showers and some other stuff included? I think it worked out at 60/70euro pp if it was 2 ppl sharing a 4 man tent and less if it was 4 ppl in it. I'd probably consider doing that if I went back again, really takes so much hassle out of camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SarahBDublin

im thinking of going to the festival this summer, is there any cheap enough hotels walking distance from the festival with a pool?
    or would we be better of getting an apartment
    which is the best airport to fly into from dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

There are no cheap hotel and apartment options nearby as they all know the festival is on and they can charge high prices. Camped in 2011 and had a brilliant time but the camping becomes fairly unbearable as they gigs end at 4am and it's impossible to sleep past 9am with the heat. Great atmosphere in festival and campsite but I dont think I'd camp again. By the third night the lack of sleep really takes its toll. Valencia is the nearest airport I think. We travelled up from Barcelona after spending a few nights there. Return bus was efficient but expensive - maybe 40 euro each way. All the details were on the fiberfib website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

im thinking of going to the festival this summer, is there any cheap enough hotels walking distance from the festival with a pool?
    or would we be better of getting an apartment
    which is the best airport to fly into from dublin?

I've been 4 times and camped twice, it's not THAT bad! But yeah an apartment is the way to go if you can afford it/find one. We have booked an apartment at camping bonterra(stayed there the other 2 times, great place!) but I think it was the last one! We might have some spaces as it houses 6 comfortably if you are interested. But keep an eye on their website and other websites that supply places there. They have chalets too which are suitable for 4 or 5. I'm guessing alot of people book them early and then don't bother going through with it.

As for airports, we always flew into Barcelona and got the train down. It was always tricky getting a train just before the fest though. I hear Valencia is a better option. Think we are gonna try Reus this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 AndrewHoey2012

Man up and camp, you'll feel better for it by the end

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As predicted The Killers, and Queens of the Stone Age have now been confirmed as headlining Vince Power's four day Spanish music festival International Benicàssim Festival next year.

Also confirmed are Azealia Banks, Jake Bugg, Palma Violets, Echo Lake, and Splashh, and Swim Deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭noideaforaname

Arctic Monkey, QOTSA & Jake Bugg confirmed for beni 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement