Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in the Maynooth/Celbridge/Leixlip area?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Just looking for people to play who aren't miles away. More than happy to teach if you're worse, or get bodied if you're better. Hopefully there are other Fighting Gamers nearby!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I happen to know of a sick Guile who lives in Celbridge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

Well I would love to meet h- Is it you?

It is indeed.

I happen to live with a certain tatu happy Ryu too!

Well shoot me an email at ministryofsillywalks@live.com and we can talk about the easiest way to play short of the trek to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I go to NUIM myself; stev0knev0 (best player in Ireland) does too.

• Advertisement

Anychance either of you are going to Dominicon or w/e this weekend? Would be an easy place to meet you. If not, well, I live in Maynooth so yeah, I'm sure we could meet up whenever!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    stev0knev0 (best player in Ireland) does too.

its a joke right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

mr. dundle;

This Weekend is Eirtakon, some sort of cosplayer animu paradise. It features beat em ups. Many of us are going. I forget where it is, someone will tell you in a post following my very own.

Next Saturday is Day of Champions: SSFIV MK UMVC3 3rd strike Blazblue.
    this one is run by us, it's in the exchange, in temple bar.

Show up to either to get a better handle on the scene, make friends or maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dominicon is a little con being run up in NUIM on the same day.
    lol

Probably won't make either, too many assignments!

Dominicon actually contacted us looking to run a tournament but exactly zero people said they could make it. I'm not sure what the outcome from that was, I wasn't talking to them directly myself.

It's annoying they picked the same day as a very well established con as a tournament in Maynooth would be great for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dundle wrote: »
    Anychance either of you are going to Dominicon or w/e this weekend? Would be an easy place to meet you. If not, well, I live in Maynooth so yeah, I'm sure we could meet up whenever!

If you want to get some online games with people, I recommend you add your XBL or PSN handle to the online player list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApLd-FYOVg6jdHhGZVlheHpuWmJ1RURJN251dENqeHc&hl=en_GB#gid=0

You added your boards name only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

mr. dundle;

This Weekend is Eirtakon, some sort of cosplayer animu paradise. It features beat em ups. Many of us are going. I forget where it is, someone will tell you in a post following my very own.

Tis on in the Helix in DCU :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Show up to either to get a better handle on the scene, make friends or maybe more.

Way to sound like a phone sex advert. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

it's a direct quote.

Was wondering if someone would pick up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I am in maynooth wed-fri. :)

I'm a serious tekken player but been meaning to get around to learning SF and MvC.

If your interested in teaching me and playing some tekken too? (I'd gladly impart all/any knowledge i do have on the game!)

I've no problem hopping on a bus to celbridge/leixlip whatever.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I go to NUIM myself; stev0knev0 (best player in Ireland) does too.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I am in maynooth wed-fri. :)

I'm a serious tekken player but been meaning to get around to learning SF and MvC.

If your interested in teaching me and playing some tekken too? (I'd gladly impart all/any knowledge i do have on the game!)

I've no problem hopping on a bus to celbridge/leixlip whatever.
    :)

Best advice I can give you is to come into one of the next events. You don't have to enter should you not want to although I would recommend you do. At least you'll meet and greet and maybe peeps won't be as apprehensive inviting strangers to their homes :). bit of bad timing, I don't think there is another tourney until DoC in Jan. Voa is the man who is running that one. Inferno (SF and now MvC) will run in Feb. They all run in the exchange in temple bar. So get the game, skill up and then come in and test your might :):):)

Advertisement