Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Targets

Options
  • 09-11-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone herre can give me some advice.

In my job we have a series of targets. I work in a call centre so we have targets in relation to how many calls we take, How long the calls are, how many of these callers phone back. Over the last few months I haven't been scoring very well. I've been told I'll be monitored more closely and if I don''t improve I'll be given a warning.

I have been trying very hard to improve on this and have been checking stats daily. The problem is at least 50% of the time the figures are incorrect and I'm always the one impacted negatively with these errors. I've raised this lots of time with my supervisor. He either adjusts the figure (without actually looking into why it's happening, therefore it continues) or just doesn't get back to me.

I have a meeting friday to discuss my performance. Are they obligated to fix the issue? Can I refuse the warning on the basis the info is incorrect? This is really stressing me and i would just like to know what exactly I can do and if they are obliged to correct this issue.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it makes sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi there, you are entitled to appeal any disciplinary actions and you are entitled to have a witness present too. You're entitled to the full details of the issue they're bringing up (for lack of a better word). If your supervisor is regularly not getting back to you, then you could make the argument that he isn't as impartial as he should be, and someone else should be handling the warning. That might mean you can get someone more senior involved who can ask why these errors are being attributed to you.

Do you have anything to back up that you're not at fault - can you get your hands somehow on the correct figures? Do you have any sent emails which show that you've regularly brought the errors to your supervisor's attention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

I wonder are they just saying that just to put pressure on you to be more productive. Some jumped up supervisor talking bull maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭anticonno16

I'd say you are grand. Just give them a bollocking for not fixing the problem. They will appreciate the criticism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Are you able to take note of your figures during the day and compare their results?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

I know its in the middle of a recession but sometimes its better to move job. Have a look around, u have experience. Move somewhere else, it will be great for a while until u get the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

"How long the calls are, how many of these callers phone back"

How can you know how long the call will take?

How can you know if they will call back?

Fairly unrealistic targets to be honest, screams more bad customer service they would rather you dish out.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

omg I was the exact same a few years back I worked in a call centre!! oh god I was in grad bay for an extra week after everyone else had passed out of it!! Very stressful job I must say like trying to get the call over with in the time they want and also fix the problem correctly and also offer new offers etc!! neways I wasnt achieving my targets either and they were listening into my calls, they even made me listen to one! oh the embarrassement!! I had one of those warnings in a meeting and I brought someone with me! neways they didnt hassle me much after it and I know I didnt change much of what I was doing before in my stats!! Id say they are definitely just trying to pressurise you, try not to worry to much:)

Advertisement