Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to do dentistry but don't have chemistry....what to do?

• 09-11-2011 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Im currently in leaving cert and i do one science subject and thats biology. I kinda regret not doing chemistry now because i would love to go on for dentistry!

i heard that you actually don't have to do chemistry for medicine but thats only in some colleges. i wonder is it the same for dentistry?

even if i do need chemistry i can always go on for a dental hygienist but its only a 2 year course and would like to stay in college longer than that. would it be possible that after i do my leaving cert this year that i can learn the chemistry course and do that next year while im doing something in college? would that be possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to do dentistry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why do you want to do dentistry?

I assume because s/he wants to be a dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CPFC IRL

Tcostelloe wrote: »
    Im currently in leaving cert and i do one science subject and thats biology. I kinda regret not doing chemistry now because i would love to go on for dentistry!

i heard that you actually don't have to do chemistry for medicine but thats only in some colleges. i wonder is it the same for dentistry?

even if i do need chemistry i can always go on for a dental hygienist but its only a 2 year course and would like to stay in college longer than that. would it be possible that after i do my leaving cert this year that i can learn the chemistry course and do that next year while im doing something in college? would that be possible?

I was in this exact position last year id advise you to go for the points this year and then do chemistry on its own next year you could apply for the UK aswell as a few places over there only require 1 science subject and the requirements are lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I assume because s/he wants to be a dentist.
    And I'm asking why she wants to become a dentist, no need to be smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tcostelloe

well i just have an interest in and think it would be a nice job i just find it very interesting. pity that i didnt realise this when i was picking my subjects for senior level :p but whatever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tcostelloe

hey CPFC IRL! thanks for the answer was really helpful. i think that is what i will do hope it works out thanks :)

Advertisement