Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible discrimination against Irish job applicants?

• 09-11-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭twebb

I am beginning to wonder if there is a bias against Irish applicants for jobs, especially at or around minimum wage level.
    Having spoken to acquaintances who had been looking for both part-time and full time work, I had to concede that it was possible. Now, having applied for close to a hundred positions for which I am, in my opinion , suitable and having received only one reply and that to say I'd been unsuccessful I have to concede that it is more than possible.
    I have applied for jobs in which I have experience, relevent qualifications and excellent references and yet not one employer has been interested. It may be worth noting that most employees at this level in these companies are non-nationals, often non-EU nationals who I assume must require work permits.
    I have submitted C.V.s which include all my experience and educational level etc and also more basic C.V.s which documented only basic relevent information.. so.. any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So because no one wants to hire you, then it must be anti-irish discrimination? Have all these 100s of jobs gone to people who aren't Irish or something?

I'd move this to work/jobs but I don't think they'd want it.
    Complaining that there is discrimination because you can't get a job personally... well it doesn't belong here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement