Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JJB Soccerdome closing

Options
  • 09-11-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Sad news that this facility in Dundalk is closing at the end of December:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Another blow to that area. How about the gym? That's two very big arenas vacant now. Kinda scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

as far as i know they are keeping the shop and gym open and its just the soccer pitches that are closing.its real sad thats the ice dome the bowelig alley and now the soccer dome all closed its a sign of the times

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

The bowling alley's closing too? I heard about JJB this week and can't say I was entirely shocked. Over the last few months the place has been semi-vacant during even peak times.

One (admittedly small) possible plus side may be benefits to local clubs though - I tried to rent pitches at Glenmuir and Clancy park, only to be told they were booked-up for the next three weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Equium wrote: »
    The bowling alley's closing too? I heard about JJB this week and can't say I was entirely shocked. Over the last few months the place has been semi-vacant during even peak times.

One (admittedly small) possible plus side may be benefits to local clubs though - I tried to rent pitches at Glenmuir and Clancy park, only to be told they were booked-up for the next three weeks
    The bowling alley closed months ago, it is apparently going to re-open as a bingo hall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

When is it due to close?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Apart from Insurance and light, and one staff member at the front counter - what other overheads does the dome have?

Really and truly? The few times i've been in the place they haven't exactly been overdoing it with the heat so what overheads do they have that force closure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Terrible news - never used it but it's such a waste to have these great facilities such as the soccer dome and ice dome and both are closed.

It cannot auger well for the shop and gym though. I really hope the gym stays as I train there!

If the shop is busy and the gym is at least break-even so hopefully they will be ok.

Never knew the bowling alley was closed.

With all of this you really have to question/wonder about the viability of the ski slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

bigneacy wrote: »
    Apart from Insurance and light, and one staff member at the front counter - what other overheads does the dome have?

Really and truly? The few times i've been in the place they haven't exactly been overdoing it with the heat so what overheads do they have that force closure?

thet have at least 2 staff on in whenever I'm there, there is also the small matter of rent to be paid to their landlord:o

its due to close in the week before Christmas. This bad news together with all the other leisure developments that have closed recently in Dundalk should sadly serve as ample warning to the developers of the ski slope not to build it in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

The Guvnor wrote: »
    With all of this you really have to question/wonder about the viability of the ski slope.
    indiewindy wrote: »
    This bad news together with all the other leisure developments that have closed recently in Dundalk should sadly serve as ample warning to the developers of the ski slope not to build it in Dundalk

Quite.

Advertisement