Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI for THOMASTOWN

Options
  • 09-11-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I heard today from a friend that there is good news and bad news for Thomastown. The word is ALDI are to replace Super Value. They are the Liquidators choice. Aldi will be great for value but I suppose the downside is they run all their stores with the minimum amount of staff and jobs are bound to go. Super Value was too expensive and overloaded with staff it couldn't last. Lets hope Aldi will be Cheaper:)

George
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 virginian

Ya.... heard that too while having a round of golf.. ALDI guys were at mount juliet and the word is they are taking over super value in thomastown.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

have relations in that area actually..

the receiver has sold to Aldi. What about all the jobs in the community? :mad:

Probably 40 to 45 redundancies immediately ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

any more news on the take over of Kavanagh's, the people are really stuck, it must be the same distance to New Ross as Kilkenny. Like it or not you need a Supervalu with an Aldi/Lidl.
    Dunnes seem remarkably quiet at this time?

Does anyone have an update on Aldi coming to Thomastown?
    Must be honest I have not been to the town for a while, presume Lidl are doing very well.
    Any news would be appreciated. Many thanks and it goes without saying
    "Merry Christmas".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Foxcoverteddy, whats your obsession with Aldi's? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

I worked there ten years ago in shop in the town good times
    he was one shrewd man that kavanagh dude
    I wonder what went wrong ??

Dear Plug.
    It may seem that way, it would be the same if it were Morrison's or Sainsbury.
    We have been ripped off by so called Irish retailers and to a point still are. Without giving names one such retailer has items which are identical to Aldi at 100% dearer.
    I acknowledge the fact that our shops do not pack shelves using boxes and the cost of stocking must be higher, Also Lidl and Aldi do not run as many lines as the Irish retailer's.
    Truth is Plug, any company that gives Irish workers jobs is welcome and as you must know Kilkenny is probably the worst county for "The new stores".
    We haven't got an M & S, Iceland or Tesco, why not?
    So perhaps you will understand the interest in Aldi in this instant, could be Lidl or Tesco or Iceland.
    Your comment was appreciated take care and a Merry christmas to you and yours. Foxy

Advertisement