Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bench Lathe

Options
  • 10-11-2011 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Looking for a bench lathe for a starter. Nothing too major. Also interested in a table saw. Anyone selling any or got any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bennyh6384

Ya I saw that alright. Bit big though. Have just enough room for a bench lathe. Cheers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

bennyh6384 wrote: »
    Ya I saw that alright. Bit big though. Have just enough room for a bench lathe. Cheers anyway.
    On those Record lathes you can take the legs off and mount them to a bench quite easily. I learnt to turn on just such a setup actually! I see on that one that they also have a bowl turning accessory which wouldn't work well if you mounted it on a bench but I'm pretty sure you could remove that too. Or is 36" too long for you? In which case you could easily saw a short length off the tubular bars and shorten it to whatever length fits your bench.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

It'd be a very good starter lathe and quite a fair price with the bowl turning attachment. + You might get other goodies thrown in, which would add up to a fair sum if you were buying new. :)

Advertisement