Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanet

• 10-11-2011 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Have ordered Permanet and they will send someone out on Tuesday. If i have LoS they will connect me. What if I get signal, all is done and the following day internet speeds are crap and latency is through the roof etc would there be like a seven day trial period as with mobile suppliers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

It depends on their terms & conditions.
    Did you sign an application form or anything?
    I know other providers do give a seven day cooling off period but if you cancel within the 7 days you would still be liable for the cost of installation.
    Why don't you just ring and ask them in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

I ordered today and just thought of it now, thought someone on here might have experience with them.. Nope didn't sign anything and probably won't have too til Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I've had Permanet for quite a few years now .... found Speeds and latency etc to be no problem ... Not sure if there is a cooling off period or not but when i first had it installed they did say to try it for a week and see how i get on with it .... You could always give them a call and see how they are fixed if you don't get what you need from it in the 1st week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bump.

Got a flyer today from Permanet with their new packages,

6Mb down & 512kb up for €29.99 (until Feb 28 2013) then €34.99 pm after.

2Mb down & 512kb up for €23.89 pm.

10Mb down & 512kb up for €39,99 (until Feb 28 2013) €44.99 pm after.

They also have phone & broadband bundles.

I had Permanet before when they offered 2Mb package & I never had a problem with them,only changed to get higher speed but the packages they have now are pretty decent especially for areas that find it hard to get decent broadband.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

10Mb broadband with a 40Gb cap? They'd want to create new usage limits while they're at it, the caps on the new packages are pathetic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Kerryfisher

Could just about scrape through with 40gb, but not with these conditions as well!

The traffic quota is split 50/50 between peak and off peak times.
    Peak times are Monday to Sunday 06:00-23:59
    Off Peak Monday to Sunday 00:00-05:59

• Registered Users Posts: 47 msq

marno21 wrote: »
    10Mb broadband with a 40Gb cap? They'd want to create new usage limits while they're at it, the caps on the new packages are pathetic!

For last week I'm trying to get this information from them :) No luck so far....

They used to have no usage limits at all but they had to introduce them because the service badly deteriorated in some areas. I personally know of people who left their torrent clients open 24/7.

Karsini wrote: »
    They used to have no usage limits at all but they had to introduce them because the service badly deteriorated in some areas. I personally know of people who left their torrent clients open 24/7.

Copy that. But 40GB for 10Mb line..? Sunds like joke :)
    Currently I have unlimited 7Mb landline and my monthly usage is between 120 and 150GB. I'm mowing to the house where Permanet is already installed. But because of the caps I will switch to Wicklow Broadband.
    And I'm not using torrents at all.

Be careful what you describe as a "scam" - it might be a rip-off but it's not a scam.

Nonetheless, it seems they have a FUP in place now rather than caps.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    Be careful what you describe as a "scam" - it might be a rip-off but it's not a scam.

Nonetheless, it seems they have a FUP in place now rather than caps.

Ok, edited.
    FUP, that says:
    A traffic quota applies to all permaNET broadband

Advertisement