Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse in stud wall

• 10-11-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

We have a mouse in our stud wall. I think he fell in from the top as we can hear him scratching and jumping to escape. He has obviously fallen down from the attic into the stud. Any ideas as to how i'll get him out without cutting the plasterboard. All ideas welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Give a company like Rentokil a buzz they might be able to give you an idea or 2.
    If you found the hole in the attic, this is where I get Banned, could try small fish hook on a weighted line with peanut butter type idea?
    Same idea only lower a sticky pad or drop down poison, little fecker will probably find his own way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Are you sure it's a mouse and not a bird? Have had that problem before.

When I had it, made a small hole with a hammer. Filled after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Put a trap in hotpress, they nornally find there way in there for the heat..

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭m1nder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If the mouse cant find its way out it will die in there at some stage. Job done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭whizbang

pull a piece of skirting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

maybe drop a mousetrap down inside the wall from the top but attach it to a cord so you can retrieve it . I think the more humane type which catches the mouse alive are actually the best bet. Suggestions about fishhooks or traps which wound or damage the mouse could mean leaving parts of it's body or blood inside your wall which would take weeks to decompose fully, bring flies and stink like nothing you've ever smelled before. Best to recover the whole mouse. If it's in there long enough it will be very hungry and easily enter a baited trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭tenreds

A mouse died in a stud wall in my house,I had used poison in the attic and it got down a hole in the stud wall and died,really bad smell in kids room and a big mess trying to find it,I would never use poison anywhere again

Advertisement