Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a new gaming headset, suggestions needed please.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

They really are beasts aren't they? I was looking at them when I was looking into getting a headset but I think they were a couple of weeks away from being available. They are a nice set, but are quite expensive too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 irishdef

PC350
    http://www.sennheiser.com/comm/icm_eng.nsf/root/502141
    Had them myself and very comfy after a while. Mic is good quality and good sound quality out of headphones too.
    Or
    G35's
    http://www.everythingusb.com/logitech-g35-surround-sound-gaming-headset-15909.html
    Never owned them, heard alot of good reviews and have used them before. Gonna buy these when i get some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

irishdef wrote: »
    PC350
    http://www.sennheiser.com/comm/icm_eng.nsf/root/502141
    Had them myself and very comfy after a while. Mic is good quality and good sound quality out of headphones too.

The Sennheiser PC360 headset is extremely impressive. Have had one for a few weeks now and it is pretty damn special - for both gaming and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The Sennheiser PC360 headset is extremely impressive. Have had one for a few weeks now and it is pretty damn special - for both gaming and music.

+1 ...I love mine

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Different headphones but same company:

Since I've gotten my Sennheiser HD598s they've replaced every other headphone I have for music and gaming at home. Just lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Looking into the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5's, has anyone here tried them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

nesf wrote: »
    Different headphones but same company:

Since I've gotten my Sennheiser HD598s they've replaced every other headphone I have for music and gaming at home. Just lovely.

I think that they might actually be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I think that they might actually be the same.

Edit2: Actually they look to have the same drivers as the 5x8 series but no word on whether the housing is the same as the 558 or 598 (this will affect the sound). I'd guess it's the 558 housing given the technical specs are given as the same and the near identical price points, but that's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Headshot wrote: »
    Sorry for the bump but I thought these deserve a mention

Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Omega Wireless Headset

From listening to reviews, they seem to be beasts. They also work with everything including consoles and pc
    http://www.creative.com/soundblaster/tactic3d/recon3domega/

I bought a pair and they are excellent for gaming. Very comfortable and very good 3D positional audio. They are lightweight but they're also very large. I've used them with PC, Xbox 360 & PS3 and they work with all pretty seamlessly, the only messy bit is having to connect a wire to the Xbox 360 controller for voice comm.

I did have a problem with win 7 drivers, I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi card in my PC and having both devices enabled causes an echo on voice comms when using teamspeak. But just disabling the X-Fi when using the Recon solves the problem.

They are also not very good for music and video in comparison to my Sennheiser MM 450 headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Blazer wrote: »
    +1 ...I love mine

Likewise, PC350s are animal. Paired with even a low end soundcard, the difference in sound quality is something else. Well worth the hundred or so quid.

• Advertisement

Right lads. I'm back in the market for a new headset. My Turtle Beach Z6A headset has started acting up on me. Bit of an odd one. It seems as though one of the speakers in the right earphone has bitten the dust. I'm not getting most sounds out of it, except the surround and base channels. Although sometimes I get sound out of it if I fiddle with the cable close to the earphone. Very odd but it's not uncommon. I dont know if it's speaker problem or a cabling problem

Amazon have kindly said they would give me a full refund for them. Just have to send them back to Amazon first.

SOOOOoooooooo........

I'm thinking of going for the PX5 now. Wireless. I wanted them originally but they were too expensive at the time of purchasing the Z6As. Anyone used these? They'd work great with my PS3 too.

Anything new on the market that is reasonably priced. Also looked into the Roccat Kave 5.1 headset too but amn't sure of that on.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I had the Px5's brilliant headset, didnt have them for long thou because I dont play with the ps3 much so I cant judge them on will they last or not but the time I had them for were great

I had the Px5's brilliant headset, didnt have them for long thou because I dont play with the ps3 much so I cant judge them on will they last or not but the time I had them for were great
    It works on PC, PS3 and Xbox, dont they?

Also looking at the Logitech G930. Seem to be a top notch headset too.

It works on PC, PS3 and Xbox, dont they?

Also looking at the Logitech G930. Seem to be a top notch headset too.

if you want it just for pc gaming, dont get the px5s but if you want it for the stuff you mentioned, id get it

Regarding pc. There's better pc dedicated headsets out there

if you want it just for pc gaming, dont get the px5s but if you want it for the stuff you mentioned, id get it

Regarding pc. There's better pc dedicated headsets out there
    Yeah. I would like the addition of PS3 functionality but not vital. But these will almost certainly be used on PC 80-90% of the time.

Yeah. I would like the addition of PS3 functionality but not vital. But these will almost certainly be used on PC 80-90% of the time.

I have the sennheiser pc360. A very good headset

glowing reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I recommend the Creative Recon3D Omega wireless, for surround that works flawlessly across all 3 platforms.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Soundblaster-Recon3D-Wireless-Headset/dp/B005JAJQCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332615715&sr=8-1

Alternatively the Tactic3D Omega wireless are pretty much just as good for PC, but with just stereo support for consoles.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Soundblaster-Tactic3D-Wireless-Headset/dp/B005HGCLP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332615715&sr=8-2

sink wrote: »
    I recommend the Creative Recon3D Omega wireless, for surround that works flawlessly across all 3 platforms.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Soundblaster-Recon3D-Wireless-Headset/dp/B005JAJQCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332615715&sr=8-1

Alternatively the Tactic3D Omega wireless are pretty much just as good for PC, but with just stereo support for consoles.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Soundblaster-Tactic3D-Wireless-Headset/dp/B005HGCLP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332615715&sr=8-2
    The Recon3D Omega are most definitely out of my price range although they are really nice.

The Tactic3D look more reasonable. Not having 5.1 on PS3 would actually be ok with me. I'll look into them.
    They seem to be similarly priced to the Recon3D Omega ones. Think they are too expensive.

So I finally got around to sending my broken Turtle Beach Z6As back to amazon for a refund. Should happen any day now. I took the plunge, paid a little more and ended up getting the Logitech G930 Wireless headphones. Ended up getting the for £120 off of the Logitech website (orig £150 but had a voucher for 20% off). The same price almost everywhere including amazon. Ended up getting. Also got a air or noise cancelling earphones too which seem rather redundant but hey. I couldn't really argue with some free earphones.

Should be here on monday. Hopefully it will be the last time I buy headphones for a long while. I've heard great things about them.

Advertisement