Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most expensive photo in the world

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

she can afford to get someone to read her posts out to you in any style you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

There seem to be an awful lot of punctuation Nazis on these boards, have you got nothing better to do than slam peoples posts? This is not the first thread either, I personally don't care what they think I don't go out of my way to pick problems with peoples posts. I'm a photographer not a writer and this isn't a literary piece of art its an online forum so get over it.

@Mellor - Guilty I used to work in the film industry and got in with the band through a director I worked with on documentary about the Occult (my other big interest), he took a project with them but I only got a month or so out of it because I had to be back in Prague for the TripleX shoot which I only did to work with Rammstein but fun was had. I was two minds about Metallica because I loved their early work but didn't like their take on Napster, still though they were nice people and when the cameras are not rolling that's really all that matters. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

There seem to be an awful lot of punctuation Nazis on these boards, have you got nothing better to do than slam peoples posts? This is not the first thread either, I personally don't care what they think I don't go out of my way to pick problems with peoples posts. I'm a photographer not a writer and this isn't a literary piece of art its an online forum so get over it.

:)

The purpose of a forum is interaction. The premise being you can read and understand the other's point of view. When it becomes a chore to read something ... well I don't. Simples :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

meh. As EyeBlinks says above, it's not being a 'nazi', it's rendering your text in a way in which it's actually readable. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and presuming that you have something interesting to say. But if you do I can't tell as your posts are literally impossible to read. I can just continue to not read them, it's no big deal.

Boards has a ban on writing stuff in txt speak for a good reason. It makes things harder to read and it infantilises discussion. Your posts aren't too far off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I have taken all of that on board, I have contacted a moderator and I'm opting out of this thread. I didn't sign up to this site to be insulted when all someone had to do was tell me in private. It's been far from a welcoming experience and I'd expect it from a site that was focused on writing but people here seem to go out of their way to make others feel unwelcome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    i think the real scandal here is not necessarily that the museum are paying that much for a work of art, but that some building contractor is laughing all the way to the bank. you would build an office block for $10m, a trench with a boulder should be a fraction of the price.

Advertisement