Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor iPhone 4s no service

• 10-11-2011 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Ok I have a iPhone 4s about a week and a half old and about 50% of the calls drop rang meteor and told me to call into a meteor store they never heard anything like this problem

Since I was given a faulty phone and tied in for 24 months can I hand back the phone and tell them to cancel my contract I'm not having none of this bull Sh!t it's happening to every one with an iPhone 4s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

I'm on Meteor as well, 4S. Similar issues.

It's very possible that it is an Apple problem, look at this discussion on the Apple Discussion forum..

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3396554?start=0&tstart=0

People from all over the world seem to be having similar problems. Especially in Scandinavia for some reason. One guy ran tests and reports that the baseband keeps crashing. One solution offered was to turn the Sim Pin off. Users on O2 here and in the UK have been reporting the same. I'm just hoping that there will be a patch for this in the next apple update. Or...maybe there is a batch of iPhones that were released and were faulty. But users have replaced phones and many saying the problem is still there.

You have 28 days I believe in which you can send back your phone. I don't think they're obliged to cancel the contract to be honest, but they must fix the phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Phone will have to be sent back to Apple (via Apple themselves or via Meteor) and it will be, more than likely, exchanged for a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

i have the same problem as well not handing over from 3g to 2g and issues sending texts.Can users who got a replacement hanset from apple comment whether it fixed the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭AlanD

I am having the same issue. It does look like the signal is resetting at random. Even then when it comes back, it can take a few minutes for data to work.

Edit: I have turned off my Sim Pin, so I will see how that goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I have a box coming to sent it back if this doesn't work and I have the same issue with the phone I'm sure they will have to cancel my contract and so I can go back to
    Android

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Between chronic battery life issues and dropping calls, the 4S, carries on the proud iPhone tradition, of being a right pain is the rectum:o

spend 1hr 20 mins on to apple yesterday and they refused to swap it out,tried today and got onto cork and they are sending out a replacement,not sure if that will sort it though

Well I got onto apple 3 days ago and your man was trying to tell me that it was the software and a update will be out soon rang meteor and gave out sh!t to them they told me go into a meteor store and they will send it off so I rang apple my self ad told them that I was told my phone needs to be sent off for repair as I knew that the meteor store would have told me to ring apple my self
    Asked meteor if get my phone repaired and still have the same problem will I be able to cancel my contract they told me they will cross that bridge if it come to it

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭smndly

should be getting my replacement tomorrow and I'll keep you informed as to how it goes. Friend of mine got a replacement with emobile and it fixed the problem for him so fingers crossed

update 5.01 is available can someone update and see if this fixes their problem

• Advertisement

Its a BETA stay away from it !

people are only on about how the Life of the phone is after going up nothing about the Call Dropping Issue

it didnt fix my sms issues anyway

Cork24 wrote: »
    Its a BETA stay away from it !

no its not final version is out,via itunes and ota

gearoidol wrote: »
    it didnt fix my sms issues anyway

Calls Still Dropping ? ?

Now then, someone on Mac Rumours posted this:
    I had this problem with my 4s on ios5. I installed 5.0.1 beta 2 and can confirm this issue is fixed.

Mines been installed about 40 mins and the coverage seems a lot more stable. I hope I'm not tempting fate but I've been running tests, making calls, and especially, sending SMS test messages. The SMS messages are now flying straight through, no hang time like before. iMessages also flying straight through. No dropped coverage yet (fingers crossed!)

I'll keep testing, Will need a day to see if it's definitely fixed, but something has definitely happened with this update. My phones bars have not budged from three bars shown. Before it would be at 4, then drop to 1, go to two and then drop entirely...

A reviewer on Wired has called the update "Nothing short of amazing" for what it's done with the battery life anyway. So thats good,

It does seem this update has addressed a network/baseband issue perhaps in some way.

Hmm my phone is set to be sent for Repair..

So i dont know what to do so if it has fixed the problem then what happens after my 30days out of no where same problem

Let them repair it if needs be, It will do it no harm if it turns out this update hasn't fixed it...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I got a replacement 4s from apple on Tuesday and haven't had one single problem since, I'm on eMobile.

Rob C wrote: »
    Now then, someone on Mac Rumours posted this:

Mines been installed about 40 mins and the coverage seems a lot more stable. I hope I'm not tempting fate but I've been running tests, making calls, and especially, sending SMS test messages. The SMS messages are now flying straight through, no hang time like before. iMessages also flying straight through. No dropped coverage yet (fingers crossed!)

I'll keep testing, Will need a day to see if it's definitely fixed, but something has definitely happened with this update. My phones bars have not budged from three bars shown. Before it would be at 4, then drop to 1, go to two and then drop entirely...

A reviewer on Wired has called the update "Nothing short of amazing" for what it's done with the battery life anyway. So thats good,

It does seem this update has addressed a network/baseband issue perhaps in some way.

i did the update and the first sms froze as before so i can confirm the update did not address thesms issue

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I got a replacement 4s from apple on Tuesday and haven't had one single problem since, I'm on eMobile.

my replacement is on the way glad to hear it sorted the problem.I just got the tracking number from ups and it just landed in tamworth ,do you think ill have it tomorrow or monday?

• Advertisement

where u from ?

Monday maybe it really depends on what time the hq of ups gets it so they can enter in the routes for every package that needs to be send out.

That why ups is one of the best out their they get all the packages the night before they load all the address Into each drivers gps and takes route by route and back so their getting the nearest person to the next.

Smart, save them a ton on petrol prices. Done a case study on them before on how technology cut their cost.

But that's for a different thread. Did u pay the 30 euro plus a 500 euro hold on your visa ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

gearoidol wrote: »
    my replacement is on the way glad to hear it sorted the problem.I just got the tracking number from ups and it just landed in tamworth ,do you think ill have it tomorrow or monday?

I'd say you'll have it tomorrow to be honest, ups are excellent.

@cork24

Yeah I had to pay the 500 holding fee on my Credit Card, but the 30 was covered by eMobile putting a 30 credit on my account.

I got an email from apple this evening advising me that they had just gotten my returned 4s, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get my €500 back.

I was going to pay the holding fee but I said I'll just go with the repair so should have the box by Monday

good news,my replacement 4s came today and the sms and searching issues are sorted "wahoo"

I can tell u the up date did not fix the call dropping for me still gets no service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Zvezdan

I got my 4s from Meteor two weeks ago and i have send it back to the store as i had no service, every day and had to reset my phone few times a day. They gave me a new Sim card to try but had the same issue, phone is now send back to apple and they will see whether to replace the phone or try to fix it. I am an apple fun from the beginning but very disappointed with this issue.

I got a replacement iPhone from Apple during the week. The signal issue seems to be fixed with this new phone. But only maybe 90% fixed. Although I don't drop a signal I get SMS and data stalls while having a full signal. I could be surfing away in safari fine and then everything stops. I have to turn on off airplane to get it started again. In fact last night I had to reboot phone to get things working again. Signal shows that it's strong so something else is causing the data and the very odd SMS to stop sending.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

AlanD wrote: »
    I got a replacement iPhone from Apple during the week. The signal issue seems to be fixed with this new phone. But only maybe 90% fixed. Although I don't drop a signal I get SMS and data stalls while having a full signal. I could be surfing away in safari fine and then everything stops. I have to turn on off airplane to get it started again. In fact last night I had to reboot phone to get things working again. Signal shows that it's strong so something else is causing the data and the very odd SMS to stop sending.

Lads I think it might be Meteor. Apple sent me a replacement and it had the same issues at the first one. Mainly texting issues. I replaced my microsim yesterday to no avai. Apple asked me to try another network sim this morning. I bought a o2 one and sent around 15 messages, and not one has failed, reception is perfect. I am kind of hoping its the phone but I don't think it is :(

You could be right. I must try another network sim and see how it goes. Presume my replacement phone from apple is unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

There seems to be a few threads with similar problems. I think it is Meteor.
    I used the 3 sim and it was perfect. Although I made no calls. So I can not comment on that.

The phone was actually a pleasure to use. No frustration.

Advertisement