Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor iPhone 4s no service

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

AlanD wrote: »
    You could be right. I must try another network sim and see how it goes. Presume my replacement phone from apple is unlocked.

Yep it will be once you bought it unlocked from Apple, if you bought it from Meteor it will be locked to them
    I put in the O2 Sim and sent about 20 texts. Not one failed. My reception has been perfect everywhere.

I put back in my meteor sim and the second message I sent failed. Its Meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I keep getting no service on my 4s, On vodafone,did the whole sim pin thing as well,soft reset, hard reset same problem still occurs. Since update 5.1 my battery is terrible after two hours it dropped 50% was not using the fone. So I rang apple sending some one to collect it tomorrow he didnt say it was the carrier problem must be happening a lot so. Hopefully I will get a new phone and sort this out. Will let you know if it works either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I don't think its Meteor, I'm having the same problem on Vodafone, sent my iphone to Apple the guy said it happened a few times. Also had my fone unlocked they will send the fone back the way they received it minus the problems. I'm not sure if its true but if your part number begins with MD2 these are faulty mine has this MD2 part number

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3525977?start=0&tstart=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Well to update you all on my phone I got 2 new white iPhones and still have the problem I rang meteor they told me its not their network or the phone are fault.. Don't ask me how they came up with that one he then got smart statin that we talking on the phone for the last 10 mins and their doesn't seem to be a problem, I told him give me his email address and I'll send him on all the screen shots of no serivce an searching and the call fail shoots as well he then turn and said Im not disagree with u. I got I to the small claims court since I got the phone for free they cant take it to court the judge ask me what do u want to get out of it, I old him since my iPhone is the contract I want to move to a different branded phone but meteor is not allowing it, I took some adivce by a dads friend who is a lawyer and said that I would cancel the DD and let them follow it up. Since then I have done that and since then I have heard nothing from meteor.. They got my sim card off so I have a pay as you go sim in and still getting no serivce once in awhile..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Cancelling your DD was terrible advice tbh. This is not the way to go about resolving a complaint quickly or easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hard to read what that was about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Kensington wrote: »
    Cancelling your DD was terrible advice tbh. This is not the way to go about resolving a complaint quickly or easily.

Well Since i told him the full Story he said you have no other choice..

I emailed Meteor, I rang Meteor 5 times i got onto ComReg about Meteor and the Iphone,

Still Meteor was'nt Moving, I asked can i get a different phone like android, since my Iphone which is part of my Contract which is not working to its Full Spec..

The guy was just laughing, and this was Customer Care Manager Well Thats what he told me,

The only Reason i got onto him is that ComReg placed a Report in for me, ComReg where happy that Meteor is giving me the Full Service and Network Coverage and that they couldnt do any more. I then got onto the Smalls Claim Court which told me since i didnt pay for the phone but still end up paying for it within your Contract and that the Phone is part of a Contract i would seek legal aid, and legal Aid told me that it would be best to Cancel your DD and let them take you to Court, other wise you would have to pay since the small claims court wont take it,

He told me if Meteor did go all the way that he couldnt see a Judge taken meteor Side. since i have Every Screen shot of the phone not working..

Advertisement