Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premium No.s Charged calls not made

Options
  • 10-11-2011 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

Looking for some help i have been charged for a high number of premium calls on my bill and these calls have not been made.
    One of the no.s is 1590999101 cant find any info on what it is and was given a number to call by an eircom agent which doesnt exist.

Told agent these calls were not made from the line and she suggested it was from an alarm or sky. We dont have an alarm yet and sky is not connected to the phone line.

I dont know where to go next as they were definately not made.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They were made, not by you though. They are billable.

1. It is probably a rogue 'dialler' app on your PC, disconnect the modem permanently from the wall socket.
    2. Ring 1901 customer services, bar premium rate calls permanently on your line...this is free.
    3. It has arisen before http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056230428#post71549327
    4. Complain to the Premium rate section in Comreg, they are awful tossers but they may be able to get you your money back if there are lots of complaints, see www.regtel.ie for the contact numbers. Keep at them till you get your money back.

I believe the calls were made, but it is a case of what made them not who made them. most likely a competition app or celebrity bollix app that you downloaded and installed on a pc.

More Here > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=149626

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi

Looking for some help i have been charged for a high number of premium calls on my bill and these calls have not been made.
    One of the no.s is 1590999101 cant find any info on what it is and was given a number to call by an eircom agent which doesnt exist.

Told agent these calls were not made from the line and she suggested it was from an alarm or sky. We dont have an alarm yet and sky is not connected to the phone line.

I dont know where to go next as they were definately not made.

Hi bettyboop1983,

Can you private message me with your telephone number & eircom account number and I can look into the premium calls you have been charged.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement