Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearest exchange and expected speed.

Options
  • 10-11-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I'll be moving house soon. I want somewhere that I can get decent broadband speed though. Could you tell me (probably not:mad:) where the nearest exchange would be to ballykeeran on the outskirts of Athlone would be? As I've seen a place here that I maybe interested in. There's an Eircom place in the Bliery industrial estate which is around 2 km away, is this the nearest? Would I be able to get the full 8mb speed here? I found a map which shows the NGB coverage and this area was coloured in, but dont hold much faith in that.
    You may not be able to answer as I believe this info is held in a secret vault somewhere, well away from the general public and paying customers :D
    I don't wanna move here to find out I can't play BF3 without horrific lag.
    Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Either Roslevin Bliary or Glasson, check the boundaries here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I'll be moving house soon. I want somewhere that I can get decent broadband speed though. Could you tell me (probably not:mad:) where the nearest exchange would be to ballykeeran on the outskirts of Athlone would be? As I've seen a place here that I maybe interested in. There's an Eircom place in the Bliery industrial estate which is around 2 km away, is this the nearest? Would I be able to get the full 8mb speed here? I found a map which shows the NGB coverage and this area was coloured in, but dont hold much faith in that.
    You may not be able to answer as I believe this info is held in a secret vault somewhere, well away from the general public and paying customers :D
    I don't wanna move here to find out I can't play BF3 without horrific lag.
    Any help much appreciated.

Hi murphthesmurf,

If you private message me with the exact full address. I can check the broadband options for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Thanks. I pm'd you Mark. Looks like it'd be the Bliary location.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks. I pm'd you Mark. Looks like it'd be the Bliary location.
    Cheers

Hi murphthesmurf,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement