Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband problems(again)

Options
  • 10-11-2011 1:42am

Hello again lads. I was on this forum a few months ago. We are still having regular problems with our broadband here. We upgraded to NGB not long ago and are still experiencing problems with our connection. The connection drops on a daily basis and when it does work the speed is fairly slow. Usually it's between 3 and 6mbs. We live approx. about 1km from the nearest exchange and this speed seems ridiculously slow to me. The connection dropped for several hours last night and the usual routine of turning off and resetting the router had zero effect. I have simply given up on calling the broadband support line as they are totally useless. All they ever say in turn off/reset your router. Which never fixes the problem, which I suspect is at Eircoms side of things and not ours.
    We use our broadband connection for a lot of online gaming and the connection frankly is not fit for purpose. We have been Eircom customers since 1993, but if UPC were available in our area we would switch in a heartbeat.
    Sorry for the rant, I appreciate there's probably not much you guys can do on this forum can do about it but I had to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jeff the Yank

Don't give up hope. Once your case is escalated a few times it will get to an engineer. The Eircom engineers did all right by me and fixed my line problem after a few false starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello again lads. I was on this forum a few months ago. We are still having regular problems with our broadband here. We upgraded to NGB not long ago and are still experiencing problems with our connection. The connection drops on a daily basis and when it does work the speed is fairly slow. Usually it's between 3 and 6mbs. We live approx. about 1km from the nearest exchange and this speed seems ridiculously slow to me. The connection dropped for several hours last night and the usual routine of turning off and resetting the router had zero effect. I have simply given up on calling the broadband support line as they are totally useless. All they ever say in turn off/reset your router. Which never fixes the problem, which I suspect is at Eircoms side of things and not ours.
    We use our broadband connection for a lot of online gaming and the connection frankly is not fit for purpose. We have been Eircom customers since 1993, but if UPC were available in our area we would switch in a heartbeat.
    Sorry for the rant, I appreciate there's probably not much you guys can do on this forum can do about it but I had to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Hi nialler24,

The dsl is syncing at 15MB the connection is showing steady at 15MB to the main socket? The telephone line is not showing any issues / fault. How mant people devices are usually connected at any one time?

Thanks, Mark

Hi nialler24,

The dsl is syncing at 15MB the connection is showing steady at 15MB to the main socket? The telephone line is not showing any issues / fault. How mant people devices are usually connected at any one time?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for checking and apologies for the rant. I certainly wasn't getting 15MB! The highest we have ever gotten is around 8MB. It's actually fairly okay today:
    1584773025.png
    Usually there is one or two laptops and a PS3 connected, I know this may slow it down a bit but this has not always been a problem. It's pretty much since we upgraded to NGB. Playing Battlefield 3 online has become next to impossible over the last few days.

Slowing right down again,online gaming is extremely laggy:
    1585088470.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Slowing right down again,online gaming is extremely laggy:
    1585088470.png

Hi nialler24,

Connecting through wifi and with more than one device will always split the speed.

However I spoke to broadband support and they said they can test the connection when the speed test is low to check the modem and set up.

Can you call them on 1890 260 260 and let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Worst it's ever been, with only one device connected.
    1587104624.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Worst it's ever been, with only one device connected.
    1587104624.png
    Hi nialler24
    I would have to suggest that you connect directly into main phone socket via ethernet and give tech suport a call on the number provided by my colleague Mark. They can troubleshoot issue with you and may be able to advise here.
    Tony

Advertisement