Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rayman origins

• 10-11-2011 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

Couldnt believe this flew under the radar here..:pac:

Just played the demo today , it by far the most gorgeous looking game ive ever seen and it plays like a dream.It has been so long since i played a rayman game all i can say is WELCOME BACK :pac::pac:

Also ign have gave it a 9.5/10
    Nintendo Power 9.5/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Rayman 2: The Great Escape is one of my favourite games (Rayman 3... less said about that the better). I'd absolutely love to play Rayman: Origins, but until it comes out for PC... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Rayman 2 was one of my fav games on ps1 next to crash bandicoot ..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

hand-drawn 2D platformer is probably all of my favourite preferences ever so I'll v likely be picking this up! hope it plays as well as it looks

89 according to metacritic , looks like a solid entry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

finally starting to get on top of all the new releases, will have a review for this up tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

what platform is it for lads?

ps3, 360, wii & 3ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Helix wrote: »
    ps3, 360, wii & 3ds

feck. ussually when game comes out for all platforms then 3DS/ds version is much **** :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

how much is this going for? Might give it a go on ps3

Nevermind its not out yet :P gonna get the demo

• Advertisement

for some odd reason its out the 25th in ireland, but tuesday here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

played the demo earlier, its gorgeous looking, plays well,its funny too, I might actually pick this up, makes a change from blowing sh1t up in fps games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The only problem with the game is...it's being released in the same goddamn month as the years biggest games. Once again, another unique game that will do jack in the marketplace due to poor management and marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Having played the Demo I'm getting this for sure. I loved the original Rayman on the PS1 so this is right up my alley. I also hope this game does well, games with good mechanics and charm rarely get the attention they deserve where sales are concerned so I'm putting my cash in their hands day 1. Was even thinking of getting the collectors edition with the art book etc, depends how cash is. Think it's only €55 on Zavvi.

Ubisoft have said if rayman does well , they will sure make a beyond good and evil 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The only problem with the game is...it's being released in the same goddamn month as the years biggest games. Once again, another unique game that will do jack in the marketplace due to poor management and marketing.

on the plus side, pick it up dirt cheap in the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Ubisoft have said if rayman does well , they will sure make a beyond good and evil 2

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Wow. Just played the demo of this. Absolute must buy for me :)

Wonder if the special edition will be available over here ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

"We dare you not to buy it!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ah, but you see, this time it's being released on the DIGITAL market place, where sales are measured for more than Month 1!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ah, but you see, this time it's being released on the DIGITAL market place, where sales are measured for more than Month 1!

It's getting a full retail release!

Played the demo earlier. The shmup homage level is glorious. Plus, the most beautifully animated underwater level since BioShock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's getting a full retail release!

Played the demo earlier. The shmup homage level is glorious. Plus, the most beautifully animated underwater level since BioShock!
    What?

Oh.

Poop. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

So anyone pick this up today ?

Got it and it's glorious :)

Pity it wasn't a little cheaper. Might do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Got it today myself, but it's behind a bit of a backlog currently, have Saints Row to finish and have Started WWE 12 also. Will post back when I start on it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I still have Super Mario 3D Land, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim on the backlog so I won't be getting this yet. Hopefully it will be cheaper next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Rayman Origins is €34.99 in HMV at the moment (all formats). Picked it up for the 360 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Rayman is also €25 in Game on Wii, PS3 and 360 when you buy something else. Picked it up yesterday and am dying to crack into it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Cannot recommend this game enough guys. Fantastic game. Played it on the 360 and Wii. Wii version has graphics dumbed down slightly but it still looks magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Only £20 on amazon.co.uk for the 360 and £22 for the PS3. Definitely going to pick this up. Haven't played a Rayman game since Rayman 2 on my DC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Haven't played a whole lot of it being a bit sick at the mo, but my God, the bits I've played have just been fantastic. Oozes charm, and is just so damn enjoyable. Absolutely gorgeous looking too. Well worth picking up.

Advertisement