Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rayman origins

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

From Gamespot:
    Rayman Origins bounces to PC March 29

Ubisoft confirms whimsical 2D platformer in the works, slated to arrive at retail and online for $30 in two months.

When Ubisoft announced Rayman Origins in 2010, the publisher said a PC version of the 2D platformer was possible. Today, the publisher revealed a Windows version of the game is not only possible, but also nearly ready for release.

Ubisoft announced this afternoon that Rayman Origins will land on the PC on March 29. Of note, the game will be available for $30 at retail stores and as a download through Ubisoft's online shop.

Absolutely brilliant! I thought I'd never get to play it. Really can't wait for it now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

called into game today to buy this, €30, but brought up box and they said it was sold out . So just ordered it off amazon for £17.99. not bad at all.

heard good things about it, hopefully i will enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I'd love to see the PC version with level editing tools, like the original game on PC. It would be excellent to see what the community would do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fantastic game. I finished it on the Xbox but I plan to get it for the Vita as it's great for short bursts and some fantastic replay value with the extra Vita features like time trial ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was playing the demo version of Rayman Origins on the 3DS this morning. Considering the limitations of the system I was quite impressed by it. The 3D works well by giving the levels more depth.

I think I will stick with the HD version though. The screen is just too small to appreciate the art style and the circle pad isn't accurate enough in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

I was playing the demo version of Rayman Origins on the 3DS this morning. Considering the limitations of the system I was quite impressed by it. The 3D works well by giving the levels more depth.

I think I will stick with the HD version though. The screen is just too small to appreciate the art style and the circle pad isn't accurate enough in my opinion.

I agree, I played the demo on the 3DS, and it is nothing like the playstation one in my opinion, the graphics are a bit worse, and it seems to not play as smooth as the PS3 version, although it would still be a good game on the 3DS, as it is an amazing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Half price on Steam at the moment! No excuses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

buy it! buy it now!

have it on 360, wii and vita. such a great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

My copy finally arrived two days ago , i be waiting now till my sister finishes her exams so we can get cracking on co op ..

We need to support games like these , platformers are really struggling to make the market other than sega sonic and nintendo mario , rayman proudly makes a return , he has being missed. Michel ancel deserves every praise for his creations .ubisoft are nothing without Himself and jade raymond.

My copy finally arrived two days ago , i be waiting now till my sister finishes her exams so we can get cracking on co op ..

We need to support games like these , platformers are really struggling to make the market other than sega sonic and nintendo mario , rayman proudly makes a return , he has being missed. Michel ancel deserves every praise for his creations .ubisoft are nothing without Himself and jade raymond.

i think you're overstating jades importance to ubisoft on a gaming level these days. shes an MD now, lots and lots of admin stuff. actually i think shes out on maternity leave now, but she she's very much in MD mode at ubi toronto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The more I play Rayman Origins, the more I feel it is a flawed diamond.

In LOOKS and SOUND, it is absolute perfection in every way -- bright, colourful, cartoony and just dripping with charm & detail. I think my childhood self would wet his pants because THIS is what platformers of yesteryear would have evolved into.
    Infinite lives are a welcome change from the Rayman of old, and level design in general seems to be imaginative and challenging.

And yet... I don't like how it feels to PLAY.
    Even comparing it to the slightly floaty physics models of DKC or Yoshi's Island, the way movement in Rayman Origins is implemented feels wrong in some way that's hard to explain. I especially have problems with how the Run-button works -- while holding it, minute adjustment just feels impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Helix wrote: »
    i think you're overstating jades importance to ubisoft on a gaming level these days. shes an MD now, lots and lots of admin stuff. actually i think shes out on maternity leave now, but she she's very much in MD mode at ubi toronto

Isnt she not leading the team on building the new ghost recon game , also i know shes also building a new studio for ubisoft and doing all this while shes pregent , plus shes hot .. Now tell me how shes not awesome :p:D

Isnt she not leading the team on building the new ghost recon game , also i know shes also building a new studio for ubisoft and doing all this while shes pregent , plus shes hot .. Now tell me how shes not awesome :p:D

ghost recon was developed in paris and the states, neither of which are ubisoft toronto which she is MD of. i believe she did have a hand in some of the hiring and resource distribution for it

she wasnt directly involved in anything to do with its actual development though by my knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Helix wrote: »
    ghost recon was developed in paris and the states, neither of which are ubisoft toronto which she is MD of. i believe she did have a hand in some of the hiring and resource distribution for it

she wasnt directly involved in anything to do with its actual development though by my knowledge

She never is. She is a glorified PR rep. She's good at it, but she struggles with alot of basic info about the games she has supposedly worked on which leads you to believe she isn't exactly hands on with them.

Ubisoft tend to roll her out when they want some buzz on a new project because the gaming media love her for some reason. Hey, more power to her for creating a great career.....

Kirby wrote: »
    She never is. She is a glorified PR rep. She's good at it, but she struggles with alot of basic info about the games she has supposedly worked on which leads you to believe she isn't exactly hands on with them.

Ubisoft tend to roll her out when they want some buzz on a new project because the gaming media love her for some reason. Hey, more power to her for creating a great career.....

yeah, i dont think she's as hands on as people think. she's a reasonably good looking woman working in video games, so obviously that's turned her into some sort of bizarre self interference target among gamers

there are plenty of women in gaming, and plenty of them are a lot better looking than jade raymond - they actually do interesting jobs too, some of them even do the really super geeky stuff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There was a good interview with Jade in EDGE last month. Painted her as much more of a producer than anything - someone who runs the 'practical' side of things and actually gets the game up and running. More admin than creative.

And there's nothing wrong with that - every bit as important when it comes to big budget games. I also admire that she purposefully stood back from the limelight when some of the hysteria about her looks got a bit absurd and creepy. No doubt she's a very attractive woman, but I sure wouldn't want to be in her shoes with all the nonsense she probably had to deal with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing this at the moment and it's terrific. It's easily one of the best looking games I've ever played, and probably the best of this console gen. It's a proper, old school platformer too - difficult but very compelling, while welcome modern tweaks (generous checkpoints) don't actually decrease the challenge but rather enhance the quest for perfection. And you need it, as I'm only on world 2 and already the push for 350 bugs is demanding! A few very minor control eccentricities aside, I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with this game.

Advertisement