Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for exotic/foreign/own-brew beer/drinks

Options
  • 10-11-2011 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi

One of my friends is really into foreign/exotic beers and other drinks and was looking for a recommendation for somewhere in the city centre that has an excellent selection as it's his birthday.

Looking for reasonably high end places

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Porterhouse probably not high-end enough?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Mulligans Stoneybatter
    Against the Grain
    Bull and Castle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Of the list given there, Bull & Castle is probably the "highest end" place on it.

L Mulligan Grocer in Stoneybatter is really an old man type pub that has all manner or Irish craft brews in tap, and doesn't serve the "usual" swill like Guinness, Heino or Carlsberg at all, on tap. If he appreciates good beers, he'll appreciate this place because they sell probably the best Irish produced beer at the moment, on tap, that being Trouble Brewing's Dark Arts Porter. I'd encourage everyone to go in to this pub and sample this delicious beer.

Against The Grain also sell this beer, and also a really good selection of other Irish, and some foreign beers (Paulaner/Erdinger, Peroni) on tap. It is slightly up from L Mulligan Grocer in decor, but only slightly mind, it still has an "old man" kind of vibe, but it's location (Wexford Street) means it attracts a young enough crowd also. Actually, for a night out in town, I'd recommend going here first, until about 11ish, then head across to The Village, last time I was in there they were selling a good few Irish Craft Beers in bottles, for a fairly reasonable price.

Bull & Castle I'd recommend if you want some decent grub along with your beer. They sell very good beers, both on tap, and in bottles, in there and have a better selection of "foreign" bottled beers than the other two mentioned. upstairs is the beer hall, and they have music on there until late enough.

Advertisement