Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pets Acc Supplier

Options
  • 10-11-2011 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just putting this out there to see if I can get any feed back on a good reliable pet foods/accessories supplier in the Munster region.

If not any where else in Ireland would be great.

Also im willing to look as far as the UK for a supplier.

Just trying to get cost prices down as I am trying to compete with larger retailers such as Dunnes Tesco Aldi I understand I cannot beat there prices but im trying to offer variety and clever products that these big companies may over look.

Any suppliers out there??or even entrepreneurs with new product ideas??

Thanks in Advance for your advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Conmc88 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Just putting this out there to see if I can get any feed back on a good reliable pet foods/accessories supplier in the Munster region.

If not any where else in Ireland would be great.

Also im willing to look as far as the UK for a supplier.

Just trying to get cost prices down as I am trying to compete with larger retailers such as Dunnes Tesco Aldi I understand I cannot beat there prices but im trying to offer variety and clever products that these big companies may over look.

Any suppliers out there??or even entrepreneurs with new product ideas??

Thanks in Advance for your advice

Here's a good one for you.....

GAIN pet foods are owned by Glanbia. They produce dog food and greyhound food. Their retired greyhound food is fantastic for all types of dogs but for some reason is not sold in pet shops - in Dublin anyway. It's €13.00 for a 15kg bag - about a third of the price of similar dog food with the same protein/oil levels etc.

Buy it by the pallet load and repackage it as your own brand. Sell it with a nice big mark-up and you're laughing! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conmc88

Can I get this over the net???

Where can I source this product

Cheers for the advice I will defo pursue this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Conmc88 wrote: »
    Can I get this over the net???

Where can I source this product

Cheers for the advice I will defo pursue this

Google GAIN greyhound food and contact them direct for stockist near you. I emailed them previously but never got a reply. You need to call them.

Advertisement