Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sim to micro sim question

Options
  • 10-11-2011 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I transferred from a meteor standard sim to a micro sim. The new sim is now active. Many of my contacts are on the old sim. My question is, if I cut down the old sim to fit the micro sim slot, will I be able to download the contacts onto my phone. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

nightster1 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I transferred from a meteor standard sim to a micro sim. The new sim is now active. Many of my contacts are on the old sim. My question is, if I cut down the old sim to fit the micro sim slot, will I be able to download the contacts onto my phone. cheers

As long as you cut it down to the exact right size yes.
    Ive done this lots of times (with a micro sim card cutter).
    Just make sure not to damage the connectors or otherwise its bye bye everything :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Also be aware that some older Sims cannot be cut to a micro sim size.
    If in doubt i'm sure your local meteor store will copy the numbers over for you

Advertisement