Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ants

Options
  • 10-11-2011 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Living in Melbourne and have ants in our house. I know there are lots of ants around but is it normal to have them in the house?

Started off a few random ones I would kill with the spray. There was no trail just maybe 10 over a day, in the bathroom which is off our kitchen. This went on for about a week. Then one day about 2 weeks ago -hundreds of them in the kitchen!!!! Blitzed with spray, cleaned everything out and got one of those Raid Automatic Insect Control systems. Great-nothing at all for last 2 weeks in kitchen or bathroom.

Then tonight moved something on a shelf in the bedroom and about 30 of them there. No trail to an entry point, just all together in one little area.Could we have a nest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

After 7 years here is my advice

Ants don't normally live in a house, they are coming in from outside.

Get yourself some off this

and spray it around the outside of the house, around the doors, windows, ventilation slats, and any nook and crannies. This is very important cut them off at the source.

large.jpg

Then spray some of this RAID oneshot around the indoor area that are affected

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Have to get me some of that Ant Killer! :D

Moved into a house at the weekend only to find the odd job man hadn't cleaned up properly after his tea breaks. There was sugar stuck to the counter top and loads of ants feasting on it.

We scrubbed the counter and bombed the place and thought everything was fine. But then last night after dinner, I noticed a small army making off with a couple of tiny shreds of parmesan cheese!!

I think once they find a way in to a food source you have to get ruthless with the chemicals.

Pugins did you get rid of them in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Since I put the automatic dispenser in the kitchen we've had none there. It seems to bevworking. Also sprayed outsidevas per advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Well the ants came back again. So got some of the Antrid which kills off the queen and the nest. Put it down for 2 days and all gone. No sign now for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I had to do the same last week. Big headed ants made an appearance in the loo! I had some granules, poison they take back to the nest killing all! But they were coming in droves for at least 6 days. Just a few stragglers today. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement