Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Attic Insulation for your Home Including Fitting and all Materials.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

Doesnt specify the type or thickness of insulation to be used, but 360sqf is about right for a 3 bed semi

I've just been pricing 200mm top up insulation (on top of 100mm existing) and the insulation comes in at around €100 for Moy for my 40-45sqm - its not a pleasant job to lay though!

http://www.brooksgroup.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/3580-Brooks-Winter-Leaflet-F-singleslowres.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭the corpo

check if they're using a grant to do the job, if so they have to meet minimum standards, including thickness, pipe insulation etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

homer911 wrote: »
    Doesnt specify the type or thickness of insulation to be used, but 360sqf is about right for a 3 bed semi

I've just been pricing 200mm top up insulation (on top of 100mm existing) and the insulation comes in at around €100 for Moy for my 40-45sqm - its not a pleasant job to lay though!

http://www.brooksgroup.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/3580-Brooks-Winter-Leaflet-F-singleslowres.pdf
    the corpo wrote: »
    check if they're using a grant to do the job, if so they have to meet minimum standards, including thickness, pipe insulation etc...

For my house a 3 bed semi i would need at least 8 rolls of 100mm thickness to just put over what is already there. A 100mm roll works out at €32.50 x 8 = €260.00. It looks like a good deal as it is messy to roll but i agree you would need to find out more information on the company itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 little lamb

I'v done a google search for this company South East Developments Dublin Ireland can't find them yes it seems a bargin and I would consider taking the deal but would like a little more information on them

Anyone know anything about then Telephone number, address I would like to explore any other options they may offer i.e. what thickness do they supply downlighter covers and the cost of them etc any other relevant information would be appreciated if any member has it Many Thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 little lamb

Thank for that you obviously had more luck than me very much appreciate your help:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Anyone called the company today and got a bit more information on the insullation and thickness they will use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

AFAIK you can't apply for one grant, minimum of two, which is a pain as I need my walls insulated but not my attic and to qualify for a grant I would need to have both done, sort of defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/deals/198

these lads running it too. seems to be a bit of extra info on width of insulation etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

I have just finished laying out 9 rolls of 200mm insulation from Brooks (4.5sqm per roll, €14.90 per roll) I also insulated a light tunnel with 60mm solid insulation

Can't imagine spending €32.50 for a 100mm roll

That being said, its such a rotten job, if you have the money to pay someone, I would recommend paying them to do it!

I'm still scratching..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

homer911 wrote: »
    That being said, its such a rotten job, if you have the money to pay someone, I would recommend paying them to do it!

I'm still scratching..
    i used to work for my dad as a roofer and me and another lad laid 100mm glass fibre insulation on a flat roof with a pitched steel roof above it with the gap on the inside of the ridge at about 3 feet high and the edge less than a foot.

i was only about 16-17 at the time and the youngest there so i got all the good jobs. :D

it was raining, so the other guys were laying the steel sheet on the pitched roof and we were going along once it was down and drying it off underneath and laying the insulation using boards with little wheels on like mechanics use to get under cars, so we could get into the edges.

i'm not exaggerating when i say i was scratching for a month afterwards. :(

it got into my skin and clothes, but after that it got into my bed and i just couldn't get rid of it. i'm actually scratching now just thinking about it.

i wouldn't do it again for love nor money, it was a rotten job, so i feel your pain. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bmaxi wrote: »

AFAIK you can't apply for one grant, minimum of two, which is a pain as I need my walls insulated but not my attic and to qualify for a grant I would need to have both done, sort of defeats the purpose.

there is a minimum spend therefore you cant get the attic on its own but you can get other work done on its own as its dearer.

Advertisement