Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agility for a Retreiver??

• 10-11-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts? Think my chap would love it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Why not?

I've seen dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds do agility, it's great fun for all involved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My guy LOVES it. He's can be a bit nervous/scaredy but I really saw his confidence improve when we tried it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

my bully will be certainly doing it when hes a month or 2 older :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We both enjoyed the classes (we did the foundation course at DTI) because he's at a level now where his obedience is pretty good so I could relax and just have fun with him knowing he wasn't going to do a runner lol!! There's a minimum age btw before they should be jumping etc to save wear on their joints. I took him to it more for working on his obedience - there's lots of commands to learn before you go near any equipment - but it was a great guage for me to see how far we've come with our training and how good the bond/trust is between us and a lot more fun than expected! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I do agility with one of mine and it is the best fun :)
    There are dogs of all shapes and sizes from pappilion (sp) to large huskies and every breed in between.

We go to Dublin dog training, they have beginner classes on saturday morning and Sunday afternoon and it's pay as you go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement