Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function and purpose of 'Talk to' forums

Options
  • 10-11-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just looking for clarification on the limits of the various Talk To forums. In one forum, we've had a thread which has been mostly negative feedback for the company closed - at the request of the company itself.

I always thought the point of these Forums were that they were to be impartial, and the companies had to take the good with the bad? Or have I got it all wrong ... that's entirely possible too.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

PM Dav about it if you think there's a problem.

Link to the thread in question would help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Owen wrote: »
    I'm just looking for clarification on the limits of the various Talk To forums. In one forum, we've had a thread which has been mostly negative feedback for the company closed - at the request of the company itself.

How do you know it was at the request of the company?

Often the negative threads run out of control, and descend into bitching and abuse, which is when they normally get closed, one in each of the O2 forum and the Three forum were closed for this reason in the last two days. Neither was at the request of the company. Other times the issue is taken to PM as there is discussion of a sensitive or personal nature, such threads may be closed by request if there is nothing more to add. I'm not aware of any thread closed at the whim of the represented company simply because they don't like the bad press.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Because I PM'd the mod in question who told me it was at the request of the company. Dav's having a look, I put the thread here by accident and meant to put it in the helpdesk, so cross posted there where Dav's on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Owen wrote: »
    Because I PM'd the mod in question who told me it was at the request of the company. Dav's having a look, I put the thread here by accident and meant to put it in the helpdesk, so cross posted there where Dav's on the case.

grand stuff. I'll close this one so seeign as its being dealt with on the helpdesk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement