Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low pressure in hot water going to new taps

• 10-11-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

I built an extention which has a new toilet & a bedroom with ensuite, the toilet & ensuite have washhand basins fitted, to feed the new basins with hot water to tapped into the existing 1/2" hot water pipe feeding the kitchen sink, the pressure to the kitchen sink was & is grand as it's near the cylinder & attic tank but pressure is poor in the new basins which are a lot further away,I used about 40ft of pex pipe to feed these new basins which are located 25ft & 30ft away from the Copper cylinder/attic tank, I was thinking of fitting a pump after where I tapped into the hot water to sort this out,..any ideas ?? BTW it's a bunglow so the attaic tank is only 5ft above tap level.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Have you the fitting instructions for the taps. Whats the rated pressure on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Have you the fitting instructions for the taps. Whats the rated pressure on them.
    no, dont have any info like that, the taps were part of a bathroom suit I got in aldi a few years ago, toilet,cistern,basin & hot/cold mixer taps, they came with those flexable pipe connectors.

Its probable then that they are high pressure. All those suites were. The problem with fitting a pump is you will need to fit one that pumps the hot and cold. This is going to involve a bit of money and work.

It would actually work out cheaper to change the taps to low pressure.

Assuming of course i am right which again is probable but would need a plumber to check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Its probable then that they are high pressure. All those suites were. The problem with fitting a pump is you will need to fit one that pumps the hot and cold. This is going to involve a bit of money and work.

It would actually work out cheaper to change the taps to low pressure.

Assuming of course i am right which again is probable but would need a plumber to check it.
    I think your right, I might replace them with these low pressure ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

Sometimes taps have flow reducer orifice discs, may be able to take these out ?

• Advertisement

lensman wrote: »
    I think your right, I might replace them with these low pressure ones

Which ones??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

Yeah have a similar problem myself with the hot water side at the kitchen sink ,yet the cold runs fine.Tap was bought in America so i'd say it's to do with that as all other taps are fine.GWS could be right about flow restricters though!

Advertisement