Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealing decals onto controller, console shell.

Options
  • 10-11-2011 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

If I was to go about printing an image onto adhesive vinyl, and to adhere it to a 360 controller shell or console housing, how would I ensure that it would be permanently stuck there? As in so it cannot be peeled off. I was considering some sort of clear lacquer or a resin. Any ideas?

PS I also intend to colour the controller shell/housing first, so the sealant must not affect the paint job.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I don't think you would be able to. I'd recommend laser etching myself, you won't remove that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

automotive laquers from a rattlecan, fairly hard wearing but takes about a week to dry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Where could I get that? I presume its a clear lacquer yea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

AFAIK you can get lacquer in Woodies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You can pick up clear lacquer in a spraycan in the likes of Halfords, for about €8. You can still get your adhesive vinyl sticker off, you just need to peel or cut through the lacquer layers first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

any motorfactors does a big 500ml can for 7 euro or so, halfords is a little pricy 10.99 for the same thing but it does the job, only 4 euro difference sure but if your doing a big project requiring multiple cans the 4 euros add up fairly fast,

when you apply it do it somewhere the plastics can be left undisturbed for about a week, it stays sticky and susceptible to prints for 3-4 days and doesnt harden fully for around a week. other than that usual painting technique applys,

what is the project? jusdt asking incase the plastic isnt suitable for it.

Advertisement