Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

If you haven't committed to a provider of broadband yet, keep in mind that eircom will be offering a free upgrade to all their broadband customers, when they roll out fibre optic (cable) broadband.

Nenagh has just had the cable installed so it shouldn't be long before the roll out.

I wouldn't hold my breath...Parts of west clare have fibre optics installed with years and speeds are sometimes not much faster than dial up

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

Hi
    Has anyone a number for someone to repair or replace a satellite dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Sent you a PM - Mike Brophy is a good man for this kind of thing.

Does anyone know where to get someone to supply & install bluetooth in a car - around Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I have been invited to a wedding in Nenagh & I have no idea of where to have my hair & make-up done. Does anyone know of anyone in the town that has been trained as a make-up artist?

I went to a place before that was crap & I have been told in the past the most beauticians aren't actually qualified make-up artists.

Any advice on decent hair-dressers for an upstyle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Anyone know anyone renting a large house around the Nenagh area ? PM me. What would be a good location just outside the town ?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭PatM65

Looks like Nenagh is the place to be tomorrow! The 2nd edition of the Visit Nenagh Classic appears to have attracted the cream of Irish cycling as well as a top team from the Netherlands.

Rene van Dam, Michael Butler and the crew seem to have been working on this one almost since last year's race finished!

Not just for cycling fans either with lots of activity around the finish line on Main Street while the race is on. Things to keep all the family entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Anyone know anyone renting a large house around the Nenagh area ? PM me. What would be a good location just outside the town ?

Hi,

There are several houses on Daft at present, you should also check the local paper The Guardian, you can view this online.

If you want to deal with an Auctioneer give Declan Lee a call I have always found him to be honest and reliable.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1309175

I was told today that fibre optic network around Nenagh will be switched on around 20/5/13.

Existing eircom broadband customers are to get a free upgrade.

Saw them terminating FO cables next to AES all week this week.

Wonder if as a Vodafone customer I can get it ?

• Advertisement

Saw them terminating FO cables next to AES all week this week.

Wonder if as a Vodafone customer I can get it ?

There only thing that would stop you having access to the fibre optic would be your location.

Once its switched on all companies offering phone line broadband will be able to offer it to you, if your house is along the route of the cable.

I am a little out of the town. By Liffey Mills. I would say I will not be lucky !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I am a little out of the town. By Liffey Mills. I would say I will not be lucky !

My mother lives out that way. She has 7 or 10 mb/s at the moment with vodafone on an eircom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

I was told today that fibre optic network around Nenagh will be switched on around 20/5/13.

Existing eircom broadband customers are to get a free upgrade.

I don't think it will be available in Nenagh till end of the year.

sam27 wrote: »
    I don't think it will be available in Nenagh till end of the year.

The information I got came from a reliable source (usually), why do you think it will be closer to the end of the year before switch on.

New shop being fitted out across from Supermacs. Looks like maybe a clothes shop, anyone know what is going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Someone told me today that it could be closer to the end of the year before eircom move to fibre

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Someone told me today that it could be closer to the end of the year before eircom move to fibre

I would love to have a definite date for eircom to start using the fibre cable that was laid over the past few months.

The cables are laid, the splicing appears to have been done, the extra boxes beside the eircom cabinats are in place.

I was told by an eircom engineer that it has to be switched on before the end of the month.

We'll just have to wait and see, we've waited a long time for it so hopefully a few more weeks is all that we have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The person that told me was a BB reseller for eircom, hopefully an engineer is more clued in. What the guy told me was that eircom were concentrating on the big exchanges around limerick first.

As someone that wil be getting BB in Nenagh soon, I hope it's turned on sooner rather than later

bawn79 wrote: »
    New shop being fitted out across from Supermacs. Looks like maybe a clothes shop, anyone know what is going in there?

Holland & Barrett health food shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Boscoirl wrote: »
    The person that told me was a BB reseller for eircom, hopefully an engineer is more clued in. What the guy told me was that eircom were concentrating on the big exchanges around limerick first.

As someone that wil be getting BB in Nenagh soon, I hope it's turned on sooner rather than later

It appears that Nenagh has been slotted into phase 4 :mad: for fibre roll out and it will be as your contact suggested closer to December before we get connected.

I spoke with someone today and they told me that the had a several crews installing the cable and connecting cabinets, but because each householder would have to be visited by an eircom engineer to install a new connection point, it would be closer to December before they get around to Nenagh

http://www.nextgenerationnetwork.ie/ngn-access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Clonmel, Thurles and Nenagh will go live later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats that building being constructed as you enter nenagh from the limerick roundabout??

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gabbytheking

Its supposed to be the road maintenance center for the M7 motorway. Its meant to hold salt, admin buildings and possibly some other maintenance stuff!

I see they look to be renovating the old betting shop on Mitchell St. Anyone know what is going in there?

(I'm fare nosy I know!)

The information I got came from a reliable source (usually), why do you think it will be closer to the end of the year before switch on.

As part of Eircom Efibre rollout, Phase 4 of this occurs towards the end of the year and Nenagh is in this phase.

I rang Eircom as well :D

I just spotted your post of the 16th, after writing mine. Fries with That

I see they look to be renovating the old betting shop on Mitchell St. Anyone know what is going in there?

(I'm fare nosy I know!)

I noticed this too, and as of yet haven't a clue as to what is going in there, usually when you see a complete renovation like this its a company with deep pockets.

I hope its not another bookies, the town has too many in this area already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 villacud

(I'm fare nosy I know!)

I'm told Daly's fish shop is moving in there from a few doors down

Advertisement