Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

villacud wrote: »
    I'm told Daly's fish shop is moving in there from a few doors down

Interesting - there is a lot of moving about on this street. I always kinda thought the existing shop space for Dalys seemed a bit too big or something. Didn't really entice you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I have been invited to a wedding in Nenagh & I have no idea of where to have my hair & make-up done. Does anyone know of anyone in the town that has been trained as a make-up artist?

I went to a place before that was crap & I have been told in the past the most beauticians aren't actually qualified make-up artists.

Any advice on decent hair-dressers for an upstyle?

Hi ya

Don't think you got a reply for this - hope I'm not too late!

True Beauty at the end of Mitchel Street (that's the shop near The Well that has been renovated) would be the spot for make-up I'd say.

Not so well up on hair (finar, finar!), but you could try Katanya's, also on Mitchel St.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Anybody know of places in nenagh hiring part time staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gabbytheking

Unless your eligible for a CE Scheme your out of luck i'm afraid. Free labour for 9 months bringing us back to the years of slavery. Disaster!
    Skyrim wrote: »
    Anybody know of places in nenagh hiring part time staff?

Saying that the Zip Yard and some similar business are looking for people quite often on nenagh.ie see: http://www.nenagh.ie/jobs-board/P48

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Penny95

wow well done

• Advertisement

This is an unusual request but are there any pubs in Nenagh that you could bring a dog into? I'm serious, I often walk my dog around the town and it would be nice to stop for a quick pint once in the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

Dont know pubs in nenagh but id say a lot of pubs would be glad of the custom and dogs would be welcome. Id imagine ask the barman and its up to him i cant imagine it would be hassle unless they are packed or have very strict rules.

Actually sounds like a lovely evening, walking the dog and having a pint!

varberg wrote: »
    Dont know pubs in nenagh but id say a lot of pubs would be glad of the custom and dogs would be welcome. Id imagine ask the barman and its up to him i cant imagine it would be hassle unless they are packed or have very strict rules.

Actually sounds like a lovely evening, walking the dog and having a pint!

Thought it was just me that thought it would be nice. I can't even think of a pub in Nenagh that has a good outside sitting area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

bawn79 wrote: »
    Thought it was just me that thought it would be nice. I can't even think of a pub in Nenagh that has a good outside sitting area.

The 44 has a lovely seating area with a view of the Castle, oh and a pretty savage pint aswell!

bawn79 wrote: »

Una's!! Best outside sitting area in town I would say. I can't say for sure, but I doubt that there would be an issue with bringing the dog in and outside, if you know what I mean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Una's!! Best outside sitting area in town I would say. I can't say for sure, but I doubt that there would be an issue with bringing the dog in and outside, if you know what I mean!

Una's doesnt open during the day though!

Thanks to the suggestions above - both decent outside sitting areas alright.

However I guess it would be nice to just tie my dog up, grab the pint and head back out to him rather than having to cart him through the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

saw a gang of holy joe's outside the council offices today..anyone know what their gripe is??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jvm76

fryup wrote: »
    saw a gang of holy joe's outside the council offices today..anyone know what their gripe is??

Pro-life crew I think.

Una's doesnt open during the day though!
    Does it not? Thought Hannah was in during the day?

Not around pubs in daylight hours that often ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Nenagh Ormonds tag rugby festival is tomorrow fortnight
    Squad of 12 is €240
    More info available below
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/29510.php

This was a great success last year and hopefully the weather can stay good for this years event. Top U2 tribute band Rattle and Hum are headlining the après match entertainment

ormond lad wrote: »
    Nenagh Ormonds tag rugby festival is tomorrow fortnight
    Squad of 12 is €240
    More info available below
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/29510.php

This was a great success last year and hopefully the weather can stay good for this years event. Top U2 tribute band Rattle and Hum are headlining the après match entertainment
    Ruck n Roll is tomorrow
    Anyone going this year?
    Should be good day.
    Top U2 tribute band Rattle & Hum headline the festival and they are supported by The Cover Girls, Sounds Like Wolves, Pauric O'Meara, Black Road and Burn This Promise.
    Music starts at 7pm till late and entry is a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

Anyone recommend a female doctor in Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

sam27 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a female doctor in Nenagh?

I can only recommend Dr Roisin Costelloe or Dr. Corcoran, they are based in cloughjordan. Cant say i know too many female doctors based in nenagh town

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

seanl77 wrote: »
    I can only recommend Dr Roisin Costelloe or Dr. Corcoran, they are based in cloughjordan. Cant say i know too many female doctors based in nenagh town

There is a Dr Murnane based out near the Proctor & Gamble factory and a Dr O Halloran in Ormond Keep

• Advertisement

Anyone considering signing up to new efibre broadband from Eircom.

I see it will be up and running in 4 weeks time. Dont like the 18 moths contract though.!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

4wks?? Sweet, must check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

sam27 wrote: »
    Anyone considering signing up to new efibre broadband from Eircom.

I see it will be up and running in 4 weeks time. Dont like the 18 moths contract though.!!:mad:

I'm inclined to agree with you about the 18 month contract.

I'm inclined to agree with you about the 18 month contract.

I asked them to consider reducing it to 12 months. They said no. Furthermore, If i wanted to revert back to my old package, which im not under contract, they informed me that there is "No cooling off period". I emailed Com Reg in relation to this. Awaiting reply.

I have no issues with the speed at the moment, so don't think Ill be looking for upgrade till I hear reports about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Just got letter from AES Nenagh rubbish collection saying that they are now going to collect both bins every 2 weeks instead of collecting general waste and recycling on alternate weeks. Think this is a nightmare and even though per bin the number of collections are the same.

What do other people think ?

What are the alternatives to AES in Nenagh and anyone got any recommendations.

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Just got letter from AES Nenagh rubbish collection saying that they are now going to collect both bins every 2 weeks instead of collecting general waste and recycling on alternate weeks. Think this is a nightmare and even though per bin the number of collections are the same.

Moved from AES age's ago to Ryan Brothers from Thurles. Theyre good and way more reliable than AES who often wouldn't collect bins on our road or come different days during the week so you would never know if/when bin would be emptied

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Moved from AES age's ago to Ryan Brothers from Thurles. Theyre good and way more reliable than AES who often wouldn't collect bins on our road or come different days during the week so you would never know if/when bin would be emptied

Do they have a website ? Want to see how they compare price wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Nightmare?

My own view when I read the letter was that it probably makes sense from a business point of view. From my own perspective, I only have to put the bins out by the road once a fortnight now and should be able to drag both of them down together.

And if the non-collection week coincides with when we're away, we don't have to be asking someone else to put out the bin for us.

So, potentially better all round (no affiliation with AES)

Do they have a website ? Want to see how they compare price wise!
    i would guess they do. think theyre better value
    jprboy wrote: »
    Nightmare?

My own view when I read the letter was that it probably makes sense from a business point of view. From my own perspective, I only have to put the bins out by the road once a fortnight now and should be able to drag both of them down together.

And if the non-collection week coincides with when we're away, we don't have to be asking someone else to put out the bin for us.

So, potentially better all round (no affiliation with AES)
    Wouldn't be better round for quite a few people, especially if by chance/accident you missed them one week and didn't have bins out you would have to wait another 2 weeks for bin to be emptied.
    Much easier with each bin going different weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

i would guess they do. think theyre better value

Wouldn't be better round for quite a few people, especially if by chance/accident you missed them one week and didn't have bins out you would have to wait another 2 weeks for bin to be emptied.
    Much easier with each bin going different weeks

Yes, but as it is you still have to wait 2 weeks if you forget so there's no change there.

Advertisement