Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

jprboy wrote: »
    Yes, but as it is you still have to wait 2 weeks if you forget so there's no change there.

The point is if you miss a collection you will have 4 weeks of rubbish by the time collection comes, I am sure it makes business sense but I think a lot of people will move from AES because of this move,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

irelandjoe wrote: »
    The point is if you miss a collection you will have 4 weeks of rubbish by the time collection comes, I am sure it makes business sense but I think a lot of people will move from AES because of this move,

When I said you have to wait 2 weeks if you forget now I of course meant another 2 weeks so, yes, 4 weeks between collections. That's the way it is currently for each bin.

Can't see many people moving from AES over (again, no affiliation).

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Just got letter from AES Nenagh rubbish collection saying that they are now going to collect both bins every 2 weeks instead of collecting general waste and recycling on alternate weeks. Think this is a nightmare and even though per bin the number of collections are the same.

What do other people think ?

What are the alternatives to AES in Nenagh and anyone got any recommendations.

This is a reactive move by AES because another company has started collecting in Nenagh.

Clean Ireland have partnered up with Ardcroney waste, they supply the food bin + the sink caddy with brown bags, a large glass collection bin, a bigger than standard recycling bin,waste bin and will also supply a grass collection bin if you want one for the summer months.

They collect 3 bins (recycling waste and food) on Mondays or Fridays depending on your area every two weeks. Glass collections are notified in advance AFAIK.

I have no affiliation to this company I do know one of their reps.

This is a reactive move by AES because another company has started collecting in Nenagh.

Clean Ireland have partnered up with Ardcroney waste, they supply the food bin + the sink caddy with brown bags, a large glass collection bin, a bigger than standard recycling bin,waste bin and will also supply a grass collection bin if you want one for the summer months.

They collect 3 bins (recycling waste and food) on Mondays or Fridays depending on your area every two weeks. Glass collections are notified in advance AFAIK.

I have no affiliation to this company I do know one of their reps.

They still collect every 2 weeks but seem better value as its's about 50 euro cheaper then AES and they offer way more. Anyone move to Clean Ireland yet ?

They still collect every 2 weeks but seem better value as its's about 50 euro cheaper then AES and they offer way more. Anyone move to Clean Ireland yet ?

I was with Ardcroney Waste, and its been a seamless transfer over to Clean Ireland.

The guys arrived one day with my new bigger recycling bin, food waste bins (one outside bin and one caddy + brown bags so you don't have a build up of mess in either bin), glass recycling bin and re-badged the waste bin.

I've been told that the more you recycle the less you'll eventually pay for your rubbish as its they take a weight every time they collect.

I take this to mean that, my basic service charge won't increase if I continue as I am now.

They also, send you a plastic card that you can pay as you go in the post office or bill pay outlets.

I'm happy with the service, my recycling output from home has increased and no hassle of having to go to bottle banks either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Does anyone have a mobile number for plumber Ted Brady (if so you could PM me)- his landline number isn't working and can't find it on the net anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moanyme

Fibre optic went live today in Nenagh. Hooray! I signed up with Vodafone today, best deal all around. Changed from slow digiweb at 50 euros and now going to have super fast internet in about 10 days for 37 euros. BTW initially the download speed will be 'just' 25 megs and upload 7 megs for All providers in Nenagh. Vodaphone will up-speed as and when it's upgraded by eircon for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

Moanyme wrote: »
    Fibre optic went live today in Nenagh. Hooray! I signed up with Vodafone today, best deal all around. Changed from slow digiweb at 50 euros and now going to have super fast internet in about 10 days for 37 euros. BTW initially the download speed will be 'just' 25 megs and upload 7 megs for All providers in Nenagh. Vodaphone will up-speed as and when it's upgraded by eircon for free.

I am very interested on how this turns out with Vodafone. For €37 is it unlimited download? Will you let us know what speeds you are getting when up and running? Thanks

Interested in hearing what people say about Eircom E-Fibre also. 18 month contract is still a deterrent for me.

Hi Sam27
    I will let you know how I get on np. I chose a 24 month contact as installation is free and they have a contract clause that says if the service quality is not as described you can get out without any penalties. They give you the contact via phone and record it. I also recorded it just in case.... BTW Vodafone checked the speed for my line. I also contacted eircom and they kept saying up to 50 mb download even when I asked on the chat whether he could check the actual speed and he wouldnt do it ! So thats a watch out. Also eircom have 35 euros a month for 6 months and then go to 50 euros and no get out clause.

Hi Sam27
    I will let you know how I get on np. I chose a 24 month contact as installation is free and they have a contract clause that says if the service quality is not as described you can get out without any penalties. They give you the contact via phone and record it. I also recorded it just in case.... BTW Vodafone checked the speed for my line. I also contacted eircom and they kept saying up to 50 mb download even when I asked on the chat whether he could check the actual speed and he wouldnt do it ! So thats a watch out. Also eircom have 35 euros a month for 6 months and then go to 50 euros and no get out clause.

And yes it's unlimited download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 pgaines

mccoist wrote: »
    hello beginners guitarist here nenagh area
    looking for practice partner
    currently trying to play
    wish you were here
    dont look back in anger
    heartof gold
    hotel california
    that type of stuff
    one maybe two evenings a month
    or if you know of place where people get together etc

Did you manage to find a practise partner since this post?
    I would be interested if you are still looking for someone
    and am living just outside Nenagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Can anyone tell me best pub to watch gaa on sunday, am going to be in nenagh and dont know it that well, am staying in the town, unsure of hotel as it is through work but could be abbey hotel?

The Silvermines. If your in Abbey Hotel. Head to towards Bank of Ireland & Keep going straight through traffic lights. 100 yards on right

Or the Hi B Pub at roundabout in centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

sam27 wrote: »
    The Silvermines. If your in Abbey Hotel. Head to towards Bank of Ireland & Keep going straight through traffic lights. 100 yards on right

Or the Hi B Pub at roundabout in centre of town.

Thanks for that, will check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 celticboy32

Hi All,
    can anyone give me any info on millersbrook (thinking of buying there ) it looks nice but i would be new to the area so would appreciate any feedback as regards anti social behaviour and such
    Thanks

Hi,

Millers Brook is a fine estate, with spacious green areas, I like the way its laid out AFAIK there are no issues with anti social behaviour. My daughter lives there and has never mentioned anything.

I notice that there are a few fantastic houses for sale down there, including one with a basement.

My first house was in The Copse in Millersbrook. I loved my time there no issues.... Nots of kids about playing etc We moved to build a few years ago now. Still unfinished but cleaned up since I was there

I hear Eircom E-fibre is up and running now in Nenagh.

Anyone going to try it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

will be going for it in a few weeks, our line is compatible according to the website, it would want to be as I can see the exchange from the house

Took the plunge and signed up for it today. Paying the same but am now in 18 month contract. Waiting on call for engineer to put in new line and modem

Average speed up to now was between 5 and 6 mb

• Advertisement

Took the plunge and signed up for it today. Paying the same but am now in 18 month contract. Waiting on call for engineer to put in new line and modem

Average speed up to now was between 5 and 6 mb

Why did you have to sign up ?

I have had 2 letters in the past few months telling me that I will get a free upgrade. I am awaiting their call.

The latest missive they sent me also promised a €10 reduction on my current package.

I am out of contract, and I don't think having to commit to an 18 month contract to avail of a service that they are being paid for by direct debit is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Shane Delaney from the town had an accident in Australia on the 16th of March and damaged his spinal cord badly. He is currently in Dublin getting treatment for his injuries at the moment. Shane has a long road ahead of him and will incur huge costs to get the equipment he needs to have some comfort in life.
    A benefit day and night(On September 14th) will help in a way towards that.
    During the day we hope to have the Limerick Leprechauns out to play a game against a Nenagh selection hopefully including some former Munster and Ireland players.
    During the evening we have a selection of local bands warming up the crowd for the Wigwam Glam Band. Pogues tribute band called Poguetry In Motion will also be preforming on the night.
    There will be numerous jerseys and other items up for auction including a centenary South African test jersey, 1 of only 3000 made complete with paperwork and gift box.

Why did you have to sign up ?

I have had 2 letters in the past few months telling me that I will get a free upgrade. I am awaiting their call.

The latest missive they sent me also promised a €10 reduction on my current package.

I am out of contract, and I don't think having to commit to an 18 month contract to avail of a service that they are being paid for by direct debit is reasonable.

I got the same two letters but not the €10 reduction one. Im out of contract also. How much are you paying per month? Im paying €50 per month. I do so by paying money each week from bank on line transfer.

An engineer has to call to the house and install new modem with points. We then in contract for 18 month @ €50 per month. I am against this 18 months, but said what the hell! Id be paying them that anyways. But now cant move to another provider for 18 months. I had no intention of doing so anyway as I am happy with service.

Shane Delaney from the town had an accident in Australia on the 16th of March and damaged his spinal cord badly. He is currently in Dublin getting treatment for his injuries at the moment. Shane has a long road ahead of him and will incur huge costs to get the equipment he needs to have some comfort in life.
    This benefit day and night will help in a way towards that.
    During the day we hope to have the Limerick Leprechauns out to play a game against a Nenagh selection hopefully including some former Munster and Ireland players.
    During the evening we have a selection of local bands warming up the crowd for the Wigwam Glam Band. Pogues tribute band called Poguetry In Motion will also be preforming on the night.
    There will be numerous jerseys and other items up for auction including a centenary South African test jersey, 1 of only 3000 made complete with paperwork and gift box.

Its great to see the people of Nenagh coming together and raising money for him. It will be a great day

Fibre is up and running. Engineer called out today and connected us. Superfast wow! connections. The gamers in this house a very happy as well as the rest.

download tested at 24 mbps and upload at 6.8 mbps.

This is a vodafone contract at 37 euros a month with 100 free minutes to anyplace incl. mobiles.

So far very happy.

I got the same two letters but not the €10 reduction one. Im out of contract also. How much are you paying per month? Im paying €50 per month. I do so by paying money each week from bank on line transfer.

An engineer has to call to the house and install new modem with points. We then in contract for 18 month @ €50 per month. I am against this 18 months, but said what the hell! Id be paying them that anyways. But now cant move to another provider for 18 months. I had no intention of doing so anyway as I am happy with service.

I am paying on average €60 per month unlimited package. I spoke with one of the door to door guys today and he told me that its an 18 month contract if you want to get fibre.

I received a letter from S*Y TV today offering me Unlimited broadband with calls for four months for only €20 per month and a reduction of 20% of my viewing package for 6 months.

It might be worth shopping around before signing up to Eircom for 18months

Fibre is up and running. Engineer called out today and connected us. Superfast wow! connections. The gamers in this house a very happy as well as the rest.

download tested at 24 mbps and upload at 6.8 mbps.

This is a vodafone contract at 37 euros a month with 100 free minutes to anyplace incl. mobiles.

So far very happy.

Thats very good. I signed up to Eircom Efibre. Technician coming out in two week to upgrade. We paying €50 per month as it is. So getting new modem and ugrading points in the house for free. 18 month contract though. Still €50 per month.

Will get back with speeds when connected

I am paying on average €60 per month unlimited package. I spoke with one of the door to door guys today and he told me that its an 18 month contract if you want to get fibre.

I received a letter from S*Y TV today offering me Unlimited broadband with calls for four months for only €20 per month and a reduction of 20% of my viewing package for 6 months.

It might be worth shopping around before signing up to Eircom for 18months

I agree with you but decided to stay with Eircom and sign up to 18 month contract. Will be set up by end of month.

Good Luck with the eircom installation. This fibre is so quick it's like having a warp drive in the house. We had a few minor connecting issues but all was ok after an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mal_1

Hi
    We are having a small wedding in the area in a couple of months and we are on the lookout for someone to music at the afters. As I am not from the area, could anyone recommend a one man band / small group locally that might be appropriate.
    Thanks

Advertisement