Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

mal_1 wrote: »
    Hi
    We are having a small wedding in the area in a couple of months and we are on the lookout for someone to music at the afters. As I am not from the area, could anyone recommend a one man band / small group locally that might be appropriate.
    Thanks

Would personally recommend Ignition. Based in Clare but do all of Munster, they're great craic and very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gabbytheking

Martin Ryan "The freshman" is very good and very reasonable re: Price. You can see some of his youtube video's and contact him here:

https://www.facebook.com/TheFreshmanmusic?fref=ts
    He does a full wedding set

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Anyone else in Nenagh notice their DSL got slower around the time of the Fibre upgrade

My ping has gone really bad and speeds has slowed right down.  happened just about the same time as my exchange was enabled for Fibre.......  Can someone please check this ?

2975947377.png

My norm was 6.5 mb/s and about 32ms ping

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Anyone else in Nenagh notice their DSL got slower around the time of the Fibre upgrade

My ping has gone really bad and speeds has slowed right down. happened just about the same time as my exchange was enabled for Fibre....... Can someone please check this ?

2975947377.png

My norm was 6.5 mb/s and about 32ms ping

If it helps to compare, here's mine with Eircom.
    2978124711.png

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

2978217798.png

This is mine from Eircom.

• Advertisement

Double post

Is a lot better and the echo on my line has improved.

2978258281.png

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

Upgrading to E Fibre on 30th September.

The day Efibre was turned on resulted in speeds decreasing for day or so/ even turning on and off.

Will get back with Speedtest then

Is a lot better and the echo on my line has improved.

2978258281.png

Do a modem reset, sometimes if mine gets slow I reset the modem and it improves.

• Advertisement

Still all good

2982687185.png

Anyone in Nenagh Join the Nenagh Badminton Club ?

Still all good

2982687185.png

I take it back....... SHOCKING tonight

2984900518.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moanyme

You're gonna love fibre.

This is on wifi in room next to router

2991209742.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Originally from Nenagh, living in Limerick has it's benefits :D

2991334288.png

And this is slower than normal...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moanyme

Originally from Nenagh, living in Limerick has it's benefits :D

2991334288.png

And this is slower than normal...

cool

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats that building at the entrance of the woodies buisness park...is it suppose to be a fast-food drive in?? surprised its lying dormant for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

fryup wrote: »
    whats that building at the entrance of the woodies buisness park...is it suppose to be a fast-food drive in?? surprised its lying dormant for so long
    Yeah that was meant to be a drive in out in Stereame but just has never been able to get a tenant

fryup wrote: »

I think they offered it (on paper) to all the major players in the fast food market in Ireland, but because, the cinema, the bowling alley and the hotel etc didn't go ahead, they all ran a mile.

The developer decided to build it because he had someone that agreed to take it as a drive thru pizza parlour, this was an off the wall idea for a town the size of Nenagh so its still empty.

Its a fine unit and would make an ideal outlet for any kind of business.

An ideal location for learner drivers - learn to park, three point turn etc

• Advertisement

Happy enough with new speeds

sam27 wrote: »
    Happy enough with new speeds

Wow where you getting these speeds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Lads surely there must be more to Nenagh than the speed of the broadband :D
    as that's all that ever seems to be discussed in the thread.

Thought I would post up info on some of the sports clubs in the town and upcoming events.

Rugby season in full swing now with senior side having started their all Ireland league campaign last weekend with a great win over Midleton and this weekend coming travel to Palmerstown in Dublin for round 2 of the league and some details on fixtures etc can be found here .

In senior Hurling Loughmore will take on Nenagh Eire Og or Kiladangan in the county final. Nenagh and Kiladangan semi final replay is Sunday in Thurles.

The triathlon club restarts training after a short post season break on Saturday morning with a cycle and all info on training can be seen on the club website below
    http://www.nenaghtriathlonclub.com/

Anyone know what the new shop opening beside extra vision is.

I see a new laundrette has opened on Mitchell street. The name over the door is Kens Cleaners

Wow where you getting these speeds ?

Nenagh. Upgraded to EFibre. Those speeds are wifi on laptop. This is located in sitting room and modem in bedroom.

The computer which is attached to modem is showing speeds of 38mg download and 10 mg upload earlier today , mainly use laptop

Lads surely there must be more to Nenagh than the speed of the broadband :D
    as that's all that ever seems to be discussed in the thread.

Thought I would post up info on some of the sports clubs in the town and upcoming events.

Rugby season in full swing now with senior side having started their all Ireland league campaign last weekend with a great win over Midleton and this weekend coming travel to Palmerstown in Dublin for round 2 of the league and some details on fixtures etc can be found here .

In senior Hurling Loughmore will take on Nenagh Eire Og or Kiladangan in the county final. Nenagh and Kiladangan semi final replay is Sunday in Thurles.

The triathlon club restarts training after a short post season break on Saturday morning with a cycle and all info on training can be seen on the club website below
    http://www.nenaghtriathlonclub.com/

Agree with you there

I hear the County Council are taking on people from the live register on a programme known as Gateway.

I think its up to 50/60. Work 19 and half hours per week for extra €20 on top of Welfare payment. Can last up to nearly two years for some.

Its basically a community employment scheme. These workers are seen as not on the live register, if taking up the positions. (Do think theyll have choice)

Nenagh. Upgraded to EFibre. Those speeds are wifi on laptop. This is located in sitting room and modem in bedroom.

The computer which is attached to modem is showing speeds of 38mg download and 10 mg upload earlier today , mainly use laptop

Where about in Nenagh? The Town?

Agree with you there

All things Nenagh this Forum is about however I agree it has been a bit heavy handed on the Broadband topic so let me talk sport.....

Anyone going to Nenagh Badminton club?

http://www.nenaghbadmintonclub.com/

• Advertisement

Where about in Nenagh? The Town?

Near Kellys Filling Station

Advertisement