Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

thanks for the observation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Anyone swimming/running for charity in the morning? Swimming in Youghal or Running in CBS.
    Il be getting into the lake. anyone doing something similar?

Anyone swimming/running for charity in the morning? Swimming in Youghal or Running in CBS.
    Il be getting into the lake. anyone doing something similar?

The half Barrel is closed I see. Anyone know who is taking over it? I see people are already working inside doing it up
    Pity , I liked that place

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

The half Barrel is closed I see. Anyone know who is taking over it? I see people are already working inside doing it up
    Pity , I liked that place

Renovations can't make it any bigger.

I've heard on the rumour mill that a former owner of the Malthouse is taking on the lease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Road rage nenagh

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltW-wOngmYg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DltW-wOngmYg#

just found out this guy is in the garda reserve

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

I see a new Chinese has re opened on the Limerick Road beside Dunnes Stores.

We had take away from it two nights running and would highly recommend it.

sam27 wrote: »
    I see a new Chinese has re opened on the Limerick Road beside Dunnes Stores.

We had take away from it two nights running and would highly recommend it.

The guy running it is the former head chef from the Golden Star on the Dublin Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Road rage nenagh

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltW-wOngmYg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DltW-wOngmYg#

just found out this guy is in the garda reserve

thats pretty shocking driving, and he makes the guy in the right reverse back and leave him thru? unreal

288604.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Those are pretty disturbing comments after that video!!! Good god, is this what we have come to - calling somebody a "fat ****", a "worthless cretin", a "bullying dickhead" based on a one minute video clip. What nice people we all are from the comfort of our anonymous usernames... :(

• Advertisement

Those are pretty disturbing comments after that video!!! Good god, is this what we have come to - calling somebody a "fat ****", a "worthless cretin", a "bullying dickhead" based on a one minute video clip. What nice people we all are from the comfort of our anonymous usernames... :(

Fair point but the bullying dickhead is fairly accurate comment though

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dm1388

Hi All
    I am not long living in the Nenagh area and don't know a lot of people, is their any clubs or organisations to join bear in mind I am not a big sports fan

dm1388 wrote: »
    Hi All
    I am not long living in the Nenagh area and don't know a lot of people, is their any clubs or organisations to join bear in mind I am not a big sports fan
    What are your interests as that will give a guide into what best may suit you and make it easier for others to give suggestions.
    Are you into gardening etc as Nenagh Indoor Market is recruiting traders interested in planting etc and is coordinating a group of traders that can offer anything to do with gardening including bedding plants, shrubs, herbs, gardening products and accessories. Check out Nenagh Community Noticeboard on facebook for clubs, organisations to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

dm1388 wrote: »
    Hi All

Just check the Nenagh guardian newspaper, out every Wednesday. It will have the notes for every club, organisation and group advertised on it. Nenagh players, toastmasters, hiking club, dancing, bingo and cycling are the ones that come to mind immediately. The towns new website Nenagh.ie should have a lot of listings also

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Moving to Nenagh in the coming weeks -anyone any idea if UPC broadband is available in the area or if not, when it will be available?

If anyone had recommendations on broadband & TV packages that are actually available to the Nenagh area, that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

ourtrail wrote: »
    Moving to Nenagh in the coming weeks -anyone any idea if UPC broadband is available in the area or if not, when it will be available?

If anyone had recommendations on broadband & TV packages that are actually available to the Nenagh area, that would be great.

UPC cable/broadband is only available in Thurles and Clonmel. Eircom/Vodafone fibre services, Wimax, and all the mobile midband providers are available in Nenagh. UPC do provide MMDS in Nenagh but that service is ****e and will be discontinued in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

No UPC and not likely any time soon. We have vodafone fibre (using eircom line) and we find it very good

Vodafone it is so! Thanks for your help.

UPC are expected to roll out here in Nenagh soon (although they have been saying soon for quite a while) .
    I highly recommend Eircom in Nenagh. Vodafone has had some problems in parts of the town recently. Ive seen alot of people using Three but as some will tell you coverage can be terrible in certain parts.
    I have not had any problems using Eircom and when there is any issues they are rectified very quickly
    I used UPC in Dublin and they are second to none (in Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

I don't think Eircom coverage in Gortlandroe is the greatest, DSL constantly dropping off :mad:

• Advertisement

MonstaMash wrote: »
    I don't think Eircom coverage in Gortlandroe is the greatest, DSL constantly dropping off :mad:

I had problems with efibre ongoing for a few weeks (Gortlandroe area) but didn't bother ringing tech support as it really didn't bother me that much as it was faster than my old broadband.

I had to contact tech support after Christmas as it got worse and worse dropping to as low as 2mb and sometimes dropping off completely.

They did a few modem checks etc and it hasn't been troublesome since.

I am getting a constant 50mb at the modem and all wireless devices are working without any issues.

Contact tech support with your problem and tell them which days and times you are having problems.

I know another user in Silver St that had similar issues and it turned out that the several people were using their wireless signal, You can check what's on your system by looking at the modem.

http://192.168.1.254/login/login.html use your wifi password to log in on this page and skip next 2 pages.

The page that opens should have a menu at the bottom but to see if anyone is using your broadband, click Network Map, its a large V in a black circle on the right of the page this shows you how many devices connected to your broadband.

System Monitor -- scroll down and click --- xDSL Statistics--- this tells you the speed at your modem and should help eliminate a line fault.

They have replaced some fo the old routers, if you have not had it replaced just ask them for it. F1000 is the new one and no issues with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Bang!

That was some clap of thunder, it's after blowing my TV

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Bang!

Big time - thankfully no damage but I literally felt the house shake. Either it shook or I did - I'm really not sure.

Bang!

Check the fuse in the plug, service guy told me that several of his call outs were just a fuse replacement.

Great service from Eircom, my modem blew with the lightening.

I rang them Monday morning at 9a.m. and had my new modem Tuesday morning at 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Check the fuse in the plug, service guy told me that several of his call outs were just a fuse replacement.

Cheers, checked that, used the cable from the bluray player, and it still didnt work,

the annoying thing is that it was plugged into a surge protector extension lead, along with the Bluray player and sky box, and both of them are ok.

the 4th thing plugged in was the wifi bridge for my Sonos speakers and the plug on that ended up in a good few pieces :(

Cheers, checked that, used the cable from the bluray player, and it still didnt work,

the annoying thing is that it was plugged into a surge protector extension lead, along with the Bluray player and sky box, and both of them are ok.

the 4th thing plugged in was the wifi bridge for my Sonos speakers and the plug on that ended up in a good few pieces :(

Do a google search on the model number of your T.V there may be an internal fuse near the power supply.

These are usually a few minutes fix and costs costing only a € for the fuse.

I think Mick from Knockalton still repairs TV sets.

Having a difficult time finding somewhere decent to rent in the area. Would prefer a house to an apartment but budget is 550 a month max. Have been trawling daft and had a number of viewings but haven't found anywhere great so far. Is there anywhere else I should be looking? Local newspapers perhaps? We are moving down from Galway so I'm not too familiar.

• Advertisement

Contact some of the auctioneers directly, tell them what you're looking for and indicate your budget, €500ish.

I wouldn't tell them you have a budget of €550 as you'll be offered houses for €600

Many landlords would gladly take your €550 for their house.

Daughter rents a 5 bed house for €500.

Sis in Law rents a 4 bed house for €400.

It might not be a bad idea to put an ad in local paper, The Nenagh Guardian.

Advertisement