Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Thanks for your help! Will try The Nenagh Guardian, all auctioneers are saying "everything is online" and finding it hard to get some of them to get back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

ourtrail wrote: »
    Thanks for your help! Will try The Nenagh Guardian, all auctioneers are saying "everything is online" and finding it hard to get some of them to get back to us.

Its hard to believe that auctioneers still think they're operating in the boom years and can ignore potential business.

I know a few landlords, what kind of home are you looking for. PM me if you like with a general outline.

The search is over, found a place today through a friend of a friend! Word of mouth proved the most successful means of finding somewhere. Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hello Nenagh Thread :)

Anybody currently living in Cluain Caoin? Looking for a bit of insight into the quality of the houses there....

Just wondering if anyone knows if the recycling centre in Nenagh is still in operation? Also is there a dump nearby or any suitable suggestions for getting rid of rubbish?

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone knows if the recycling centre in Nenagh is still in operation? Also is there a dump nearby or any suitable suggestions for getting rid of rubbish?

Recycling centre is open Tuesday to Saturday, they take, paper, cardboard, cans, bottles, electrical, batteries,waste oil, and light bulbs including florescent bulbs.

The garage across from Tescos has a large bin where you can put a few black bags for €5, but if you recycle everything, you'd hardly have a black bag a week.

There is also a guy that goes around on a Saturday collecting black bags for €4.

You also have the option of A.E.S., Clean Ireland or Ryans waste.

Is it free to leaves bags into the Recycling Centre in Nenagh?

Is it free to leaves bags into the Recycling Centre in Nenagh?

You have to actively recycle what you take there, put cans into the can container, bottles into the bottle banks etc., and yes its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Declan_de_Vito

Gonna stir up some pub talk ;D

Where do you all consider your fav spot for a drink in town ?

Long Charlie's is up for lease, any takers :P ?? It used to be a good spot for local bands and artists to get a chance to play. Gin & Juice, James McGrath, Sean McKennedy and loads more have all played there when Paul Cooney ran the place. Since he stopped I've gone to the Kenyon or to the well :)

Gonna stir up some pub talk ;D

Where do you all consider your fav spot for a drink in town ?

Long Charlie's is up for lease, any takers :P ?? It used to be a good spot for local bands and artists to get a chance to play. Gin & Juice, James McGrath, Sean McKennedy and loads more have all played there when Paul Cooney ran the place. Since he stopped I've gone to the Kenyon or to the well :)

Bring me back to Slattery's any day of the week. If i was heading out i'd probably head to the other end of town- Una's or Molly's, but Philly's the odd time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Best place for drinking in nenagh??

LoganRice wrote: »
    Best place for drinking in nenagh??

Unfortunately these days it's in someones house. I dono, the town seems to have lost the craic, or maybe i'm just getting too old, but it's just not the same. Then again i'm saying it's not the same since mecca closed so that probably says something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Una's, Phillys.
    Then down easy street on occasion and more to Kenyon than across the road.

And go away with mecca...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Haven't been out in Nenagh in since Xmas, feels like an age ago! We usually just pre-drink and head to maxi though.

I remember the good ole days of spending the night in the talbot, out the back for most of the night having the shîts and the giggles :pac:

Una's, Phillys.
    Then down easy street on occasion and more to Kenyon than across the road.

And go away with mecca...

Awww, did somebody not get in :D

Ah no, mecca was ten times better than stickyfloorland.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

You have to actively recycle what you take there, put cans into the can container, bottles into the bottle banks etc., and yes its free.

Does anyone know where to recycle hair in Nenagh? A friend has a supply of it (not human!) and Im wondering how to get rid of it for free. �

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

bawn79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to recycle hair in Nenagh? A friend has a supply of it (not human!) and Im wondering how to get rid of it for free. �

Ah, c'mon, more detail needed e.g. what's it from and how much of it is there?

One suggestion - if there really is a lot of it could be used by some inventive individual, say a hairdresser, for a float on St Patrick's Day. Bound to attract attention. :)

Second suggestion - ask a general question in After Hours about the recycling of non-human hair. You'll get a lot more replies there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

For pubs, una's mostly, and philly's occasionally

Other places I might venture into would be the talbot, the Kenyon and Rohan's.

But Una's would be my favourite.

You could try offering it to the allotments group for their compost pile.

http://voices.yahoo.com/5-green-ways-dispose-dog-hair-10212717.html?cat=53

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

You could try offering it to the allotments group for their compost pile.

http://voices.yahoo.com/5-green-ways-dispose-dog-hair-10212717.html?cat=53

For the query regarding quantity - we are talking rubbish bin size bags of it. Currently it is going into the main bin and taking up a lot of space. The community allotments sounds like the place to try. Thanks

http://nenaghca.wordpress.com/2010/01/09/hello-world/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

For the query regarding quantity - we are talking rubbish bin size bags of it. Currently it is going into the main bin and taking up a lot of space. The community allotments sounds like the place to try. Thanks

http://nenaghca.wordpress.com/2010/01/09/hello-world/

That hair would make a really good base for a compost heap. Run the lawnmower over it and mix it with lawn cuttings.

When the lawn starts to grow again.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Awww, did somebody not get in :D

Ah no, mecca was ten times better than stickyfloorland.
    I cant remember much of mecca but it wasn't really that much better than Maximus
    Boscoirl wrote: »
    For pubs, una's mostly, and philly's occasionally

Other places I might venture into would be the talbot, the Kenyon and Rohan's.

But Una's would be my favourite.
    Have to add Rockys. Didn't like the place for ages but have been going there quite a bit recently and haven't found it too bad at all.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately these days it's in someones house. I dono, the town seems to have lost the craic, or maybe i'm just getting too old, but it's just not the same. Then again i'm saying it's not the same since mecca closed so that probably says something :rolleyes:

Fact! Drinking in a house has become the norm. Mecca was before my time. Back of the abbey court wasn't it ? I wonder would they allow it again ? if people were bothered to travel ;L

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

hotel upgrade from 3 star to 4 star i think. 4 star could not have the nightclub. thats what i heard anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Fact! Drinking in a house has become the norm. Mecca was before my time. Back of the abbey court wasn't it ? I wonder would they allow it again ? if people were bothered to travel ;L

Travel - that amazes me in this town when people would get a taxi from town to abbey court, silermine to mollys or saying summerhill is too far up the town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I cant remember much of mecca but it wasn't really that much better than Maximus

Have to add Rockys. Didn't like the place for ages but have been going there quite a bit recently and haven't found it too bad at all.

Good to here Rocky's is coming back, it's been a while since I have been in there, Jim is some man!

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Good to here Rocky's is coming back, it's been a while since I have been in there, Jim is some man!
    some man indeed. Can remember him joining me and few mates on a 12 pubs a couple years ago. some craic:pac:

hotel upgrade from 3 star to 4 star i think. 4 star could not have the nightclub. thats what i heard anyway.

I was thete on wednesday and im nearly 100% sure there was a brochure that said 3 star hotel, so maybe they would allow it to come back ? I'll make a call tomorrow and let ya know :D

Yeah some people in this town are unreal lazy! I've been throwing the idea around about Mecca and asking people would they go if it did come back, even for one night and people are complaining about how far out of town it is :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Hello all.I popped over from the south tipp thread..[:)sure we will be all the one soon]...Any news on Stella FM,that is supposed to start broadcasting in Borrisokane sometime soon? I shall tiptoe quietly back to the south now:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I was working in the hotel in 1999 when the unopened nightclub was just a storage area and there was talk of going to 4* even back then. They have been talking of going to 4* for over a decade now and it has nothing to do with a nightclub

Advertisement